Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: Suites @ Paya Lebar

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    errr, so price appreciates in 4 years after launch. So you bought it in 2007 i supposed. at the peak itself........
    i think he was referring to the MOP 4 yrs period from 2011 till 2015. this project launched this year .. so 2011+4=2015 .. to satisfy the 4yrs mop.

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    i think he was referring to the MOP 4 yrs period from 2011 till 2015. this project launched this year .. so 2011+4=2015 .. to satisfy the 4yrs mop.
    no lah, he was crowing about making 100% profit in 4 years in a particular project. he definitely was not refering to suites@paya lebar.

no lah, he was crowing about making 100% profit in 4 years in a particular project. he definitely was not refering to suites@paya lebar.
    its possible.....in early 07, ocr is still dirt cheap

even one leicester rcr is selling for 6xxpsf only

oh maybe i read wrongly. thg i dont have the details, lik devilplate said ..i also think its possible ..depends on timing. damnt if only i knew the right time

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wats the size and the nett psf u bot?
    the psf of this project is quite high as it consists of mainlt studios and one bedder, and its freehold. when i see other new projects coming up like parc vera etc with 700+ psf, i felt ripped off as my psf is almost twice of that!

haha. Mr Agent, u never let anythng get u down. lol. well lets wait and see hows the estate mkt like next year when the project top. anyway, i m not too concerned abt rental yield etc as i will likely stay there so any gain or loss on property value will be just on paper. of coz in the long term esp after the 4yrs mop, i will be very concerned abt the overall mkt and the project value la. yes, if i stay in the unit, there is opportunity cost (loss of rental income) which will not be too high becoz if by then, rental is high and i choose to rent it out instead, i will be paying high rent for my rented place as well (assume rental movememtn is consistent across private/hdb). anw not just the financial aspect ..i guess generally ppl like to own things ..esp a place where u are spending long period of time in. and if choose to rent out, u gonna make sure u find good tenants and not "terrorist" tenants who damage and bash up yor place or make life difficult for the landlord. hope u will find a well behaved and quality tenant for your unit!!!!
    Stop cursing me....
    and btw, I wish i am an agent because they are freaking rich right now, but i'm NOT....

y no confident to tell me?
    Evil.....

the psf of this project is quite high as it consists of mainlt studios and one bedder, and its freehold. when i see other new projects coming up like parc vera etc with 700+ psf, i felt ripped off as my psf is almost twice of that!
    Let'es take it this way like what devilplate said....our price will be low compared to 4-5years time ok????
    I never thought the property I bought 4 years ago could double!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmillineum
    Let'es take it this way like what devilplate said....our price will be low compared to 4-5years time ok????
    I never thought the property I bought 4 years ago could double!!!!!
    Not every day is a sunshine day. If you ride thru the wave then maybe will be more conservative.
    U just bou and confident it will double in 4 years time? I am not that confident but happy if it happens. KBW maynot be too happy to read your post.

erm........if every year psf price adjust 10% up I am most happy. Buy property to curb inflation & cap preservation if you have extra cash.

If I'm a buyer, I'd love property prices to fall. If I'm selling, I'd naturally love property prices to double. If I have the option of either buy or sell now, with holding power, then I wouldn't mind which ever way the economy goes. However, even if I have the option, I somehow still how for prices to go up so I can cash in first before my next purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Not every day is a sunshine day. If you ride thru the wave then maybe will be more conservative.
    U just bou and confident it will double in 4 years time? I am not that confident but happy if it happens. KBW maynot be too happy to read your post.

erm........if every year psf price adjust 10% up I am most happy. Buy property to curb inflation & cap preservation if you have extra cash.
    Haa. its always good to expect the worst and be prepared for the worst case scenario. Always have a plan B or make sure you can stomach every ounce of pain made possible by your decision

Stop cursing me....
    and btw, I wish i am an agent because they are freaking rich right now, but i'm NOT....
    not all are. Too many of them, probably lesser now they are required to take exam and license. only a small top tier is making tons of money

not all are. Too many of them, probably lesser now they are required to take exam and license. only a small top tier is making tons of money
    The top tier are making an obscene amount of money. The average ones are easily taking home $100k to $200k a year. That is still a lot for the average Singaporean.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    The top tier are making an obscene amount of money. The average ones are easily taking home $100k to $200k a year. That is still a lot for the average Singaporean.
    den u go join la

den u go join la
    Thinking thinking thinking but no guts and probably too lazy to get out of my comfort zone!!! More importantly, I'm not wiling to invest my nights into work when my family is at home.

Thinking thinking thinking but no guts and probably too lazy to get out of my comfort zone!!! More importantly, I'm not wiling to invest my nights into work when my family is at home.
    if so easy to make big bucks...no nid to study so hard.....finish O level den go become agts liao

if so easy to make big bucks...no nid to study so hard.....finish O level den go become agts liao
    Lousy agents will not last more than 2 years in the industry coz words will get around about his/her working ethics. To be agent also must have high EQ. Yes, no need to study to hard and still can earn big bucks...

Lousy agents will not last more than 2 years in the industry coz words will get around about his/her working ethics. To be agent also must have high EQ. Yes, no need to study to hard and still can earn big bucks...
    yes den dun waste time enrolling ur kids for top notch schools.....

just nid to brush up EQ and speak well gd enuff

yes den dun waste time enrolling ur kids for top notch schools.....

just nid to brush up EQ and speak well gd enuff
    Cannot agree more! But my parents will kill me if I don't enroll them in good schools so still cannot leh!

i m not too sure on that. the top tier no dispute, but average making min 100k easily? dats >8K a mth.. no question some agents making that kinda $$ but i dont think dats the median pay for agents. look at the supply of agents, economics tell us with abundant supply and relatively low barrier to entry (no need degree), the price tag becomes lower and lower as more join the industry.

Cannot agree more! But my parents will kill me if I don't enroll them in good schools so still cannot leh!
    mean no disrespect to the profession but i m nt dat optimistic abt future of agents. after all they are just intermediaries and someday once there is a perfect way for sellers (developer) and buyers to reach an equilibirium in which what is supplied is demanded, disintermediation can be achieved and so called middle man cut ....

mean no disrespect to the profession but i m nt dat optimistic abt future of agents. after all they are just intermediaries and someday once there is a perfect way for sellers (developer) and buyers to reach an equilibirium in which what is supplied is demanded, disintermediation can be achieved and so called middle man cut ....
    Ideal world... there are actually many jobs today which are redundant but employers chose to have them... these jobs include a third maid at home when two is enough, a chauffeur when you can drive, a personal secretary when you don't need one, etc. Not so easy lah...

Ideal world... there are actually many jobs today which are redundant but employers chose to have them... these jobs include a third maid at home when two is enough, a chauffeur when you can drive, a personal secretary when you don't need one, etc. Not so easy lah...

true la, but their pay is likely to be depressed, not those 100K per annum type

I for one certainly hope that this profession of agents gets more professional. Imagine for an investor, each time he/she invests in a property, the unassuming agents get paid. If all are honest and hardworking, then no problem but I've come accross many who are dishonest and tell you things which are nothing more than a fable. So irritating and to think that I have to pay them in order to invest...

Actually I've tried to do everything without going through the agent and I think it's possible if one has the time to spend. Not easy but possible!

The day will come when ppty agents aren't paid by X% of selling price but a flat rate of $X for each transaction. Or when it becomes even easier for us to do it electronically without them on iPad.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    The day will come when ppty agents aren't paid by X% of selling price but a flat rate of $X for each transaction. Or when it becomes even easier for us to do it electronically without them on iPad.
    Actually, we don't really need them leh....just pass the cheque immediately to the developer can already what. Developer just need to negotiate with us, that will save him a lot of money...

Actually, we don't really need them leh....just pass the cheque immediately to the developer can already what. Developer just need to negotiate with us, that will save him a lot of money...
    Provided you have your own bankers and lawyers too. That is when you are buying. But the game changes drastically when you are selling or when you are looking to rent... then that requires a lot more time and effort!

Cfm nid agt to sell one la....

Try selling urself if u tink so easy....

Even agts nid to engage other agts to sell their hse....

Are you an agent?....

Good to let people make some $$.