Thread: Drowned at Serangoon North Ave 1 Condo's Pool

Default Drowned at Serangoon North Ave 1 Condo's Pool

AsiaOne
    Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011

SINGAPORE - A security guard was found drowned at a condominium swimming pool in Serangoon North Ave 1 yesterday.
    The incident happened at about 6.20am, reported the Shin Min Daily News.
    The deceased, Bai Xuan An, 53, had gone to the condominium to visit a friend the night before, but his body was found floating in the pool the next morning.
    Officers from the Civil Defence Force arrived at 6.35am, where the man was pronounced dead.
    Before the accident, the Chinese daily reported that he told his wife that he saw "white spirits" floating around, and instructed her on how to set up an altar, in case he died.
    Bai left behind six suicide notes, written in English, which were addressed to his wife and two children.
    Police have classified the case as an 'unnatural death' and are investigating.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    AsiaOne
    Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011

SINGAPORE - A security guard was found drowned at a condominium swimming pool in Serangoon North Ave 1 yesterday.
    The deceased, Bai Xuan An, 53, had gone to the condominium to visit a friend the night before, but his body was found floating in the pool the next morning.
    Officers from the Civil Defence Force arrived at 6.35am, where the man was pronounced dead.
    Before the accident, the Chinese daily reported that he told his wife that he saw "white spirits" floating around, and instructed her on how to set up an altar, in case he died.
    Bai left behind six suicide notes, written in English, which were addressed to his wife and two children.
    [email protected]
    like that the condo price sure drop.
    but he is quite considerate to his family. He died at other people's place so the price of his own property still safe.

wonder what's the name of the Condo..

kensington park?

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    AsiaOne
    Tuesday, Oct 11, 2011

[email protected]

why are there so many cases of death in water recently??

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    why are there so many cases of death in water recently??
    Stay away from water ok?

Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    kensington park?
    the picture looks like it was taken at kensington park.

honest mistake, let's move on

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    the picture looks like it was taken at kensington park.
    yes it is Kensington park...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    yes it is......water ghost maybe?....never step into the water again.

do u think the residents will be very scared everyday when they pass by their pool?I could only imagine....

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmillineum
    do u think the residents will be very scared everyday when they pass by their pool?I could only imagine....
    think will be affected in some way, psychologically. and price likley affected. when the china girl died in the pool at sentosa cove house, it was sold at a deep discount ...

You see people selling goldenhill park condo at deep discount?

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Yes, u r right...after comparing picture of pool with those in property guru

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...ngton-park-414

You see people selling goldenhill park condo at deep discount?

Can't imagine people staying at Kensington Park thinking about going for a swim in their condo pool again... it will haunt them... Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    My point is someone drowned in goldenhill but are there people dumping their units there?

Default Another drown in the same pool in Jan 2009

January 25, 2009 Sunday

13-year-old drowns in condo pool

By Shuli Sudderuddin

Sales assistant Siti Nurbaiyah, 27, had planned to take her youngest brother, 13-year-old Muhammad Khairul, swimming this Chinese New Year long weekend.

But before the weekend even started, he drowned at a friend's condominium pool.

He had gone to play soccer on Friday afternoon at a friend's Kensington Park Drive condo. His best friend, Rafiq Mohd Wapa, 13, said Khairul later wanted to cool off and the two headed to the condo pool.

While Khairul was swimming alone, Rafiq was listening to his MP3 player by the pool.

'When I looked up, I didn't see anyone in the pool, so I thought I would go home first,' he said, adding that he had texted Khairul but did not get a reply.

He later saw a Caucasian man pulling Khairul's body out of the pool and trying to revive him.

Khairul's mother, housewife Robaiyah Napiah, 52, said he had called her that afternoon to say he would be home late.

At 7pm, she received a call from Rafiq's mother telling her that Khairul had fainted by the pool.

The family rushed down to KK Women's and Children's Hospital, but Khairul had been pronounced dead by the time they arrived.

The boy's family had not sent him for any formal swimming lessons.

'He liked to swim but I was unsure how well he could really swim,' said Ms Siti when The Sunday Times visited the family's three-room flat in Ang Mo Kio.

This is not the first case of a child drowning in a condo pool.

In September 2007, Jonathan Chow Kin Mun, 10, drowned in Palm Gardens condominium's pool after an epileptic seizure.

A four-year-old boy also died after falling into The Lincoln Modern's swimming pool in February the same year.

The youngest of four siblings, Khairul had just started his Secondary 1 studies at Yio Chu Kang Secondary School.

Ms Siti said that he was a well-behaved, quiet child who did well in school and enjoyed mathematics.

'He never complained or asked my parents for things,' she said.

Added Madam Robaiyah: 'When we asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up, he said he wanted to earn a lot of money and give it to us. He was so good.'

You sure know how to dig out history... ok...

My point is someone drowned in goldenhill but are there people dumping their units there?
    well i didnt say ppl will dump their units after a death in pool. wad i said was price affected and the sentosa cove was used as an illustration.. i didnt mean to say that the fact it was sold at a deep discount means price of all units will plunge after a drowning case

The point is...no one wants to buy...how to dump???