Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4mil for a pair of legs

No amount of money can help to bring back the freedom of able to walk and run with your own legs.....

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    No amount of money can help to bring back the freedom of able to walk and run with your own legs.....
    Yeah but wif regards to this case....

Many countries also dun haf barriers at their train stations.....

If really granted 4mil, i wud expect more legs chopped off voluntarily

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Yeah but wif regards to this case....

Many countries also dun haf barriers at their train stations.....

If really granted 4mil, i wud expect more legs chopped off voluntarily
    Donations from public thru Rotary already close to half a million, now want $4m..., if she win, many Bangla, etc, may gladly do it...

My view, she ask for too much.
    Even a maid lost 2 arms, tpd dont get so much.
    Does sporean looked like 'suckers'

If it is really mrtc fault, the amount will be based a few criteria and one of which will be the earning potential of the victim as a reasonable person without losing the pair of legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22

if she wins, MRT fare may increase.

from employers point of view, it is cheaper to the companies for employees to die rather than suffer TPD. sad but true.

so cheaper to everybody if the girl has just died instead of lost 2 legs.

Did she fall down herself or MRT staff pushed her down. Why should the MRT compensate her so much? So if someone fell down on the road or at the park while jogging, should the related authorities be responsible for it because the path is not even and if someone by accident fall from high rise HDB flat, should the HDB responsible for it because corridor wall not tall enough to cover a person height.

actually, it is the school's fault.

The Thai girl come to Singapore to study English.
    Unfortunately the school didn't teach her to read and understand the phrase "Please stand behind the yellow line".
    So yeah, the school is negligent

When it is for somebody else we always tend to think it is too much. But when it is for ourselves we always tend to think it is too little.

SMRT is not that stupid, they have the CCTV footage. I am sure they already know whether they are culpable or not. If they are indeed culpable then a behind-doors settlement would be more likely.

to those here thinking of comitting suicide in Bedok reservoir because of money problems, think again. wait until this case ends ok.

If the girl wins million dollar award, commit suicide in MRT la. your family at least can get millions ya, can repay ahlongs and creditors.
    If girl dont win, then you can continue your plan at Bedok reservoir.

I RATHER KEEP MY PRETTY LEGS FOR 4 MIL..

Those mrt platforms are definitely unsafe, it just takes a madman to push another person onto the platform for a person to get killed. It is like removing the lid and causing someone to fall into a manhole, the authorities will be responsible for any death or injury as a result even though they can theoretically argue the person didn't see where he is walking. The same applies to someone slipping over ice cream in the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Those mrt platforms are definitely unsafe, it just takes a madman to push another person onto the platform for a person to get killed. It is like removing the lid and causing someone to fall into a manhole, the authorities will be responsible for any death or injury as a result even though they can theoretically argue the person didn't see where he is walking. The same applies to someone slipping over ice cream in the mall.
    It will become a murder case liao rather den accident

Bro your know what is the tort of negligence? Buy a textbook on the law of torts and read it.
    It will become a murder case liao rather den accident
    Last edited by Regulators; 14-10-11 at 20:10.

i think losing a pair of legs at such young age would be very miserable.no amt of $$$ can compensate u. although this doesnt mean tat smrt is in the wrong or the girl is correct.

The WSH Act strangely doesnt apply to SMRT.

[quote=howgozit]When it is for somebody else we always tend to think it is too much. But when it is for ourselves we always tend to think it is too little.

That I agree wiith you. My friend's employee (55 yrs old) has his left leg ligament tear while playing game during his leisure time. He has to depend on a special shoes from the hospital and was already on 3 months medical leave. Due to his scope of work as a delivery man cum storekeeper, the company feels that he is not suitable for the job anymore and also partly because business is not so good, so the company terminated his service. In total, the company has compensated him >$25K (8 months including 2 months hospitalisation leave) but he still feels that that is not enough and request for another 1 month.

To an employer, he cannot pay so much to someone who has medical problem to come to the office and sit around, cannot contribute much. He has no knowledge of computer and can't speak good English and has a bit of attitude problem.

To an employee like him, he thinks that the company is very "mean" (没有人情味), compensation not enough after working for so many years. So if you are the boss, what do you think, pay him >$3k a month to do light duty work and get his colleagues to help him carry heavy goods while he carries lighter goods. Someone even suggests that get his colleague to help him push the goods to the loading bay so that he needs not climb up and down the staircase.

There are so many people at the platform, why only she fell down, one word, "just her luck". But of course, if she can get compensation, that would be good afterall she is still young, a long way to go but don't they think that $4m is a "fantastic" amount.

No.. She does..

Behind her, there is probably another sucker leeching on her...

the crowded mrt platforms just accident waiting to happen, this girl just happened to be the unlucky one but it doesnt mean she should be denied a decent compensation just becoz she is the one in that million. If you leave a manhole on the road uncovered for a long enough time, someone will fall into it whether he is an idiot or not, but the authority would have to compensate that person whether he is an idiot or not. i also do not see mrt personnel on the platforms to ensure safety of the people standing on the platform all the time, kids and old people take the mrt all the time, i think mrt has to bear responsibility. if they can up their fares and pack the blooming trains like sardines, why is it so difficult for them to construct barriers on all mrt platforms rather than doing it selectively? I think they should compensate $10 million and not $4 million.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    There are so many people at the platform, why only she fell down, one word, "just her luck". But of course, if she can get compensation, that would be good afterall she is still young, a long way to go but don't they think that $4m is a "fantastic" amount.

the crowded mrt platforms just accident waiting to happen, this girl just happened to be the unlucky one but it doesnt mean she should be denied a decent compensation just becoz she is the one in that million. If you leave a manhole on the road uncovered for a long enough time, someone will fall into it whether he is an idiot or not, but the authority would have to compensate that person whether he is an idiot or not. i also do not see mrt personnel on the platforms to ensure safety of the people standing on the platform all the time, kids and old people take the mrt all the time, i think mrt has to bear responsibility. if they can up their fares and pack the blooming trains like sardines, why is it so difficult for them to construct barriers on all mrt platforms rather than doing it selectively? I think they should compensate $10 million and not $4 million.
    Agree.

There must be punitive damages as well. Otherwise, SMRT will not reform and there is nothing to deter them from allowing such a thing to happen again.

Many safety related incidents and major technical issues at SMRT in recent years. The management needs an extensive review or renewal. It is incredible that its top management can survive up to now.

100mil compensation at least lah!

Come come....all line up to stage a fall!

You take the lead first but remember to tell us your real name before you do that so we can pay you our last respects if you are unable to return to this forum
    100mil compensation at least lah!

Come come....all line up to stage a fall!

You take the lead first but remember to tell us your real name before you do that so we can pay you our last respects if you are unable to return to this forum
    Not me la....

Those foreign workers from 3rd world more den willing!

They work as construction workers, anytime aso can lose their limbs and how much compensation they will get?

Dun say 100mil....1mil also many willingly doing it

1mil bring back india.....their whole village happy like fxxx

Maybe the foreign workers will start a "occupy MRT station" campaign haa haa haa...

I think those people who own "loan shark" money are more willing to do that. Their family will get compensation and can buy a pte ppty, and rent it out.

Since it is MRT fault, then MRT should take care of the girl till the last day of her life . Just like a responsible man, make the girl pregnant, so must marry her.

I fell down while I was walking at the multi-storey carpark during raining day. Should I claim from the related authority for not constructing the carpark properly and let the rain come in and wet the floor and also the pathway at the carpark flooring is very smooth.
    Last edited by irisng; 15-10-11 at 11:45.