Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legal Advice

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Just engage a lawyer(wife' firm) to sue the employee(the husband)
    Hmm, good idea, and see how they respond.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    ur father or in laws??
    Haha, in a hurry, so paste the wrong picture, actually the boss is not that old lol.

My father and father-in-law had gone to sell "salted eggs" already.
    Last edited by irisng; 18-10-11 at 21:24.

Do keep us posted of the final outcome of this episode...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Do keep us posted of the final outcome of this episode...
    Yes, Madam. But don't know when will it end leh, I'm also very eager to know the result.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Yes, Madam. But don't know when will it end leh, I'm also very eager to know the result.
    Sir sounds better for me...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Sir sounds better for me...
    Oh so sorry.

Oh so sorry.
    Hahaha... no problem... No offence taken... hahaha!

At last, the case is closed.

Since end of Sep 2011, the boss had sent an email to this employee regarding the final compensation (6 months), the employee called up the next day to request for an additional 1 month, and the boss agrees as a goodwill, but the next day, he called up again to request for the round-up of the figure which comes up to almost $700. This time, the boss rejected and they started to argue over the phone. Since then, this employee never call back to the office again.

Last Friday, the boss send a final email to this employee giving him a deadline to clear his outstanding car loan (which is only $4,000+), if he still doesn't want to pay up, the company will act according to the labour law and compensate him only 1 month in lieu of notice and then will proceed with the claim against all his outstanding car loan ($25,000+) without further notice.

The next day (Sat), he came down personally to the office to give the cheques to the boss but in 4 monthly instalments (3 post-dated cheques) and requests the boss to give him an official email stating that he has paid up all his outstanding car loan. The boss told him that he will get his accounts to email him regarding this case showing him the details of all the compensation + outstanding car loan.

Then 2 days later, he called up to request for the email again. He insisted the boss to give him the email instantly. The boss got heated up and told him that you had been dragging your outstanding car loan for more than 3 months and now is only 2 days, you cannot wait for our email confirmation. The accounts staff work only half day and moreover it is our financial year, she has her own work to clear, why do you need it so urgently. Then argument started and this employee "slammed" down the phone. In the end, this accounts staff has to work OT to work out the detail figures and send the email to this employee. Anyway the outstanding car loan is considered fully paid only when all his post-dated cheques are cleared.

According to his ex-colleagues, he likes to slam down the phone before the conversation end, some attitude problem . I think the boss must have got a shock, hahaha.

post dated cheque? cheque can bounce... to me its an delay tatic.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    post dated cheque? cheque can bounce... to me its an delay tatic.
    That's right, but since he keeps on claiming that he has no money, out of goodwill, the boss allows him to pay in 4 monthly instalments which he actually asked for 10 monthly instalments.

This employee keeps on hurrying the boss to send an official email to him stating that he has paid for all his outstanding car loan, but the boss not so stupid, on the email, it stated that the compensation will be valid only when all his cheques are cleared according to the date of the cheque and only upon clearing of all the cheques, then the car loan is considered as fully paid.

Blacklist e employee's name here.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Blacklist e employee's name here.
    Not so nice. He is already so pitiful. Injured his leg, lost his job and is already above 55 yrs old.

Not so nice. He is already so pitiful. Injured his leg, lost his job and is already above 55 yrs old.
    Whose the boss?

I would like to work for him too... I also need a car loan...

This employee keeps on hurrying the boss to send an official email to him stating that he has paid for all his outstanding car loan, but the boss not so stupid, on the email, it stated that the compensation will be valid only when all his cheques are cleared according to the date of the cheque and only upon clearing of all the cheques, then the car loan is considered as fully paid.
    He may sell off the car before the remaining cheques can be bank in.

Leg injured still can drive...hmm...

Leg injured still can drive...hmm...
    Luckily he injured his left leg.

Luckily he injured his left leg.
    Oh... automatic transmission

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    He may sell off the car before the remaining cheques can be bank in.
    He told his boss that he had already sold his car but when the boss told him that if that's the case, then you will have money already lor, then he quickly said that he had asked his friend to sell, money not collected back yet. Don't know which one to believe.

I suspect that he never sell his car because I heard that his son has just got his car licence, so maybe he wants to leave it for his son, also nowadays, the car is so expensive, as he is so calculative, I doubt he will buy another new car if he really sell his current car.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Oh... automatic transmission
    Yes, Toyota Altis (A).

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Whose the boss?

I would like to work for him too... I also need a car loan...
    Aiya, it is only a small company, can't afford to engage you lah.

At last, the case is closed.

Since end of Sep 2011, the boss had sent an email to this employee regarding the final compensation (6 months), the employee called up the next day to request for an additional 1 month, and the boss agrees as a goodwill, but the next day, he called up again to request for the round-up of the figure which comes up to almost $700. This time, the boss rejected and they started to argue over the phone. Since then, this employee never call back to the office again.

Last Friday, the boss send a final email to this employee giving him a deadline to clear his outstanding car loan (which is only $4,000+), if he still doesn't want to pay up, the company will act according to the labour law and compensate him only 1 month in lieu of notice and then will proceed with the claim against all his outstanding car loan ($25,000+) without further notice.
    the man's salary so high?
    let monthly salary is y
    7y + 4000 (car loan if pay up) = 1 y + 25000 (car loan if dont pay up)
    6y = 21000
    y = 3400
    the delivery man earn 3400k a month?? need more foreign talent

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    let monthly salary is y
    6y = 21000
    y = 3400
    Related mah....exception rather den norm lah

Is e body at bedok reservoir related to this case?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    let monthly salary is y
    6y = 21000
    y = 3400
    In fact it is more than that if included his transport allowance. As a delivery cum store man, he was actually highly paid, still said his salary not enough, even his wife could afford to "feed" him, said too early already lah and now it really happened, sign....

No wonder he insisted on staying in the company despite several rejection from the boss. High salary, can choose places that he liked to deliver, if he doesn't want to deliver, the salesman had to help to deliver or called courier service. Almost everyday, go home 1 hr earlier giving excuse that he needed to go for delivery and after that went home direct. Came back to office early from the delivery to join one of the lady's colleague for tea-break and from what I heard, most of the time, this lady paid the coffee for him. I never know that in this world, there is still such a people like him.

Is e body at bedok reservoir related to this case?
    Luckily, it is not. Otherwise the boss would be talking to the spirit yesterday, hehe.