Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: parliment monitoring hdb owners with private property..

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Come again??... forreigner's accomodation needs are MND's problem???

How can that be? It is not in MND's purview to cater HDB as potential rental supply for foreigners.

Without a doubt all factors are interlinked, more so in this tiny island state of ours, you can't change one thing without affecting another. By your reasoning, you might as well bllame MOH or even SAF since they are all government.
    Its MND's problem's coz whatever they tweaked, there will be repercussions. You dun need to look far, just read up on their `Mission' which I attached below for your convenience.

http://app.mnd.gov.sg/AboutUs/OurVisionMission.aspx

Next, look at the divisions and departments under MND, can you not see foreigner's accommodation needs is MND's responsibilities? If you still think its not MND's responsibilities, I

http://app.mnd.gov.sg/AboutUs/Organi...partments.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Its MND's problem's coz whatever they tweaked, there will be repercussions. You dun need to look far, just read up on their `Mission' which I attached below for your convenience.

http://app.mnd.gov.sg/AboutUs/OurVisionMission.aspx

Next, look at the divisions and departments under MND, can you not see foreigner's accommodation needs is MND's responsibilities? If you still think its not MND's responsibilities, I

http://app.mnd.gov.sg/AboutUs/Organi...partments.aspx
    Ok bro... I stand corrected. But I think you misunderstand me in the context of what I am trying to say.

HDB is not intended as a potential rental accomodation by foreigners. HDB does not build flats to cater for foreigners to rent HDB after its MOP. It is also impossible to project how many Singaporeans will buy private proerties and rent out their HDB to these foreigners. HDB does not build flats based on these considerations.

Ok bro... I stand corrected. But I think you misunderstand me in the context of what I am trying to say.

HDB is not intended as a potential rental accomodation by foreigners. HDB does not build flats to cater for foreigners to rent HDB after its MOP. It is also impossible to project how many Singaporeans will buy private proerties and rent out their HDB to these foreigners. HDB does not build flats based on these considerations.
    No worries, I was addressing the issue that the various departments did not `talk' to each other enough. While you are right that HDB was not originally intended to house foreigners....but fact is now it is housing a significant number of them due to some policies of past minister who did not really consider with other ministries or intra-departments how to house them properly...of if he did, there were flaws in the calculation.

As such, all future adjustments have to be considered with a view of the knocked-on effects and also there must be greater sharing of information across ministries and agencies.

Yeah, it could be we misunderstood each other's context but its just an online forum for discussion, no offence intended.

IRAS has a system now to track this group of people. KBW is too busy now with new flats. It will come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    No worries, I was addressing the issue that the various departments did not `talk' to each other enough. While you are right that HDB was not originally intended to house foreigners....but fact is now it is housing a significant number of them due to some policies of past minister who did not really consider with other ministries or intra-departments how to house them properly...of if he did, there were flaws in the calculation.

As such, all future adjustments have to be considered with a view of the knocked-on effects and also there must be greater sharing of information across ministries and agencies.

Yeah, it could be we misunderstood each other's context but its just an online forum for discussion, no offence intended.
    I agree... that is why I said earlier that it is highly unlikely that there will be a policy reversion on this. Having said that, as I also mentioned earlier, there are ways to circumvent this as people have done in the past.

No offence taken, like you said this is just an online forum and we both probably spend too much time here than we should anyway..... haha

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    IRAS has a system now to track this group of people. KBW is too busy now with new flats. It will come soon.
    Yes.. but very difficult to predict what they are going to do.

Are they going to rent HDB or Private? Or are they going to buy HDB resale or Private? can't tell.... for all you know economy heads south and the foreigners all leave. New HDB has to be built based on citizenry needs. The rest of the market will correct accordingly

Default Private property ownership

I don't see why HDB owners can't rent out their HDB flat when they own a private property. This is another source of stable income that will come in useful when the owners are retired. They don't have to depend on their children nor government for handouts. Should they be penalized for being savvy in their investment? Better to invest in a property in Singapore then to put their hard earned savings in risky investments with banks.

I suspect hdb wants to monoplise the lucrative rental market and kill off all competitors