Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suites @ Bukit Timah

Default Suites @ Bukit Timah

There is a preview by OCBC via Invitation.

Its resides next to / near the beauty world MRT.

There is a lot of MM units there and fear that this is just another black hole. The 2 bedders seems bigger at 653 Sq Ft.

Whats the out look like as an investment seeing that its so very closed to the train station?

where is the exact location? is the layout out?

http://www.newcondo.sg/suites-bukit-timah-new-condo

Enclose is one of the site that is providing update. Just that FH at less then 1600 am sceptical.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    where is the exact location?

It used to be the Shell petrol station across from the civil defense/post office along Jln Jurong Kechil.

It is a very small site, surrounded on three sides.

one long time property investor was discussing with me the other day - on small project. he cautioned me. asked him why

one question he posed - would you stay?
    such property is interim ie whilst finding ur dream home...u will 'squat'

what abt FT? he mentioned of property is long term and maintenance is key. FT wants space and compare it to their home country.
    when public housing has achieved rent balance (now it's close to private rent)then u see lower demand in such project

ppl jumped in - why
    like you carry few hundred bucks when shopping ...u will tend to spend..afterwards u realized it's a want not a need

interesting views

I guess the search continues......

With the recent take up rate of public and private housing against the backdrop of poor market sentient and economy, you would imagine the price correction.

I guess those developers still have tons of financial strength to put up with the units that will go unsold if the recession starts.

I went to the showflat on Saturday afternoon, and was told that the 1Bedders were sold out, and a 2 bedder corner PH sold out too. There's only 1 3bedder PH in this project, 8 units of 2bedder PH. 42 commercial shops in the project.
    Location is right next to MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    one long time property investor was discussing with me the other day - on small project. he cautioned me. asked him why

one question he posed - would you stay?
    such property is interim ie whilst finding ur dream home...u will 'squat'

what abt FT? he mentioned of property is long term and maintenance is key. FT wants space and compare it to their home country.
    when public housing has achieved rent balance (now it's close to private rent)then u see lower demand in such project

ppl jumped in - why
    like you carry few hundred bucks when shopping ...u will tend to spend..afterwards u realized it's a want not a need

interesting views
    small format homes shall persist unless prices/rental crashed by 30%+

rental r getting out of reach these days.....many couples/singles downgrading from their 2bdr to 1bdr/mm.....for them, they only rent for 1-2yrs.....and dun ask me y they dunwan to rent a 3rm flat........i asked my tenant b4 and he gave me tat 'look' whahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by hl124273
    I went to the showflat on Saturday afternoon, and was told that the 1Bedders were sold out, and a 2 bedder corner PH sold out too. There's only 1 3bedder PH in this project, 8 units of 2bedder PH. 42 commercial shops in the project.
    Location is right next to MRT.
    wats the price?

is the 42 shops sold?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wats the price?

is the 42 shops sold?
    Apparently, Shops-#01-03 to #01-14 are reserved by the Developer.

small format homes shall persist unless prices/rental crashed by 30%+

rental r getting out of reach these days.....many couples/singles downgrading from their 2bdr to 1bdr/mm.....for them, they only rent for 1-2yrs.....and dun ask me y they dunwan to rent a 3rm flat........i asked my tenant b4 and he gave me tat 'look' whahahahaha
    I notice that the two block surrounding the suites is very old. If it not develop, the new building would look out of place.

the room size is not big but looks typical of MM units. I would think that a usual HDB buyer would find that a turn off and a downgrade as a usual hdb flat seem larger.

strange that there is no furniture rebate or discount or are they testing the market .

I have not seen ads in the paper for this so I guess it is still very early .

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    I notice that the two block surrounding the suites is very old. If it not develop, the new building would look out of place.

the room size is not big but looks typical of MM units. I would think that a usual HDB buyer would find that a turn off and a downgrade as a usual hdb flat seem larger.

strange that there is no furniture rebate or discount or are they testing the market .

I have not seen ads in the paper for this so I guess it is still very early .
    There is an ad on Sat's papers (under district 21) I remembered.
    Yes, the buildings behind and beside it are very old, high chance of enbloc, and note that there is no view to speak of given that there are buildings behind and the ones facing the main road faces the HDB flat and a glimpse of the temple behind the HDB flats.

wats the price?

is the 42 shops sold?
    Not sure about price of the shops, but I wonder how they are able to squeeze 42 shops in the first floor of that project , and not forgetting the pool (not rooft top pool according to agent so should be first floor ?) ..

Not sure about price of the shops, but I wonder how they are able to squeeze 42 shops in the first floor of that project , and not forgetting the pool (not rooft top pool according to agent so should be first floor ?) ..
    have seen the showflat. overall site is very small. front units still ok, but back units will be like-what 5m-8m to the next block. Air-con duets are at the back too. 1600 psf. recalled less car park lots, then units again.

1st floor are commercial, cut-up, and going at 5000 psf.. as understood.!

Quote Originally Posted by whoh757
    have seen the showflat. overall site is very small. front units still ok, but back units will be like-what 5m-8m to the next block. Air-con duets are at the back too. 1600 psf. recalled less car park lots, then units again.

1st floor are commercial, cut-up, and going at 5000 psf.. as understood.!

Front units face the main block - dust and noise. Back units are certainly very close to the next building.

looks like a loose loose situation.

Any idea what kind of discount the developer is providing to move these units?

looks like a loose loose situation.

Any idea what kind of discount the developer is providing to move these units?
    Not aware of any discounts when I went to view last weekend. Apparently I was told that the 1 bedders are sold out ? Guess that should be a mix of front and back facing. The corner 2 bedder Penthouse was sold out fast too (there were 8 2 bedder PHs) as it was probably sold on the first day it was launched. psf for the small units are 16xx psf, close to nottinghill suites prices.

I guess those that purchase the one bedders are in for the long haul as the prices and rental has come down for the one bedder in the ST today.

I may be myopic but how do you actually live in a small space and where do you dry your laundry ?

I hope its not going to be commando and hanging in the balcony area.

I guess those that purchase the one bedders are in for the long haul as the prices and rental has come down for the one bedder in the ST today.

I may be myopic but how do you actually live in a small space and where do you dry your laundry ?

The project won't be completed so soon, so with the beauty world MRT up along with the completion of the project, maybe rental price will adjust accordingly.

is It really true that once there is a train station near the place, the price riase by 20% to 40 % or is this just a myth by the agent trying to unload the place. They did tell me that its an advantage and " may" but nothing is firm like everything else when I probe further

is It really true that once there is a train station near the place, the price riase by 20% to 40 % or is this just a myth by the agent trying to unload the place. They did tell me that its an advantage and " may" but nothing is firm like everything else when I probe further
    In the past, FH properties near to MRT (within walking distance) are not that common (other than Orchard MRT, Tiong Bahru, Novena, Newton), but given the circle line and DTL, there are now more FH properties that are within walking distance close to MRTs. Also, quite a number of the MRT stations are located in heartland area and there are hardly any FH in heartland sub-urbs that are close to MRT. Hence, I would think that a FH close to MRT will prob come with a higher price tag ? From a rental's perspective, as long as its close to MRT and amenities, FH or 99 year does not matter. Will you want to rent a bigger unit at Sherwood Tower/High Oaks or a small unit at Suites@BT, assuming the price difference is small? Take a look at further down Toh Tuck - Park Natura condo - many are up for rent and these big units are bought at around $900 psf, close to BT reserve park , and no other amenities nearby unless you drive, or willing to take a 15 mins stroll to Beauty World MRT? Look at the Beverly project in Toh Tuck area, pretty deep in, 2 bus stops turning from the Toh Tuck main road, and still not sold out yet, price hasn't moved alot too over the last 2.5 years. Given that it was far from MRT (though it was advertised to be near the MRT, 2 bus stops to get to the Toh Tuck main road where High Oaks is located, and then walk a distance from there), I believe that's the main reason why the project isn't doing well despite the much lower PSF price( the showflat was lovely by the way). Compare this to Terrene project in which the psf was about 40% higher and was sold out very fast!

Also, the other thing I was thinking about was that usually with the presence of MRTs, there tend to be more commercial sites/ shops around or close to MRT coming up? For Suites@BT, there are 42 commercial shops for sale.

It was <50% sold when I visited the showflat last week. > $1600 psf. Min level to get is 3rd, as double deckers passengers can look directly into the 2nd level units. Plus the noise and dust during bus decelerating and accelerating. It has a underground tiny 'swimming pool' and other tiny 'facilities'. The road outside is always jammed, even during weekend. Very tiny shops below too. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    It was <50% sold when I visited the showflat last week. > $1600 psf. Min level to get is 3rd, as double deckers passengers can look directly into the 2nd level units. Plus the noise and dust during bus decelerating and accelerating. It has a underground tiny 'swimming pool' and other tiny 'facilities'. The road outside is always jammed, even during weekend. Very tiny shops below too. Hmm...
    The ones that moved really fast are the one bedders I was told. Anyway its only a week only since they started launching.

Initially (prior to the launch( I thought the showflat location was the actual site as I passed by that location almost everyday and they were in the midst of setting up the showflat .. well, its not. If it is, then it's should be a better buy compared to the site at jurong kechil.

Which will you buy? Suites @ Newton or this oneif the price is similar?

Reduce noise pollution from buses
    Letter from Kelvin Sim (Today) 31 OCt 2011
    THERE have been concerns recently about
    noise pollution caused by Mass Rapid Transit
    trains. I would like to raise concerns about
    noise pollution caused by public buses.
    I live in a Housing and Development
    Board flat that is beside a road, and there
    are two bus stops facing my block. The buses
    are very noisy when they drive by, especially
    when the bus drivers rev the engines.
    The noise is most unbearable late at
    night and early in the morning because it
    affects our sleep. Is it possible to reduce
    the noise pollution of public buses, for
    example, by installing mufflers?
    I would be grateful if the SMRT Corporation
    and SBS Transit could take a leaf
    from the Metropolitan Transit Authority
    of New York City, which announced last
    year such an initiative to reduce noise
    levels of buses.

Got money to buy condo should have another $500 to buy decent dryer ba?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    How much psf is suites at newton?

Should be about $2100psf.
    How much psf is suites at newton?

The word newton oredi worth 2kpsf....hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    This one. There will b future developments in e west. MRT will bring e next wave of growth. Newton is saturated.