Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: following condos, new HDB also very MickeyMouse Size liow...

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Default following condos, new HDB also very MickeyMouse Size liow...

very soon everyone will be very depressed inside all the cramped 4-wall pigeon holes... scary...
    psf price also not much difference from my 10yr old near mrt condo (but mine ulu ulu location)...

http://www.trivelis.com.sg/downloads/3Room.pdf

The design seems rather squarish and is easy to place furnture. The kitchen looks relatively ok.

But base on physical size, I guess every one now is building MM. At 600+ sq ft, seems rather ok then say a MM of 300+ sqFt. But thats my humble opinion.

The older flats does seems large if you were to compare with this. I guess there is upside potential for price increase for older HDB.

Its still a long way for hdb to catch up condo lah.... this floor plan for 3 rm is about 650 sqft which is a decent 2 bedder private condo size. At least hdb still maintain 100 - 110sqm for a 5rm flat. Not too bad lah. Next time, big condos will be the hottest property coz no more in market... LOL!

Just saw it on the news. Looks like there's a big turnout at tthe showroom.

It is not a surprise for huge turn out as Singaporeans generally love to join in the crowd. Anyway, the day when there is a small turn out is the day when KBW can proudly declare that he has cleared the huge backlog left behind by his predecessor. He is working really hard and based on the projected figures, that backlog may only be cleared by end of next year, but by then there would be new demands which do not require the same rate of building and pushing out launches like what is happening currently! Things will be more stable and balanced then!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Its still a long way for hdb to catch up condo lah.... this floor plan for 3 rm is about 650 sqft which is a decent 2 bedder private condo size. At least hdb still maintain 100 - 110sqm for a 5rm flat. Not too bad lah. Next time, big condos will be the hottest property coz no more in market... LOL!
    Welcome to Minton...

i refuse to stay in a hdb that....
    ... i have difficulties to close/open the door when i'm inside the toilet....

(toilet door is not sliding door, the floorplans do not even want to show the doors and beds)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

How can 2 bedders at 650 sqft be decent? Going by traditional size (condos built between 1997-2007), 2 bedders are usually of size about 850-950 sqft. 3 bedders usually 1100-1300 sqft.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap

Great layout. All the "qi" goes straight into the toilet.

6xxsqft for 3rm flat vy common wat....u check out all the older resale 3rm flat....all range 650-720sqft

This layout ok leh....quite like it....much better den many condo design

Type A2a has the most sensible layout and it doesn't have a gigantic air con ledge plus no balcony.

standard 3rm bto hdb flats are 68 sqm size.
    this one is 60 sqm size.... very sneaky nowadays, this is the problem with dbss when hdb passes the buck to private developer. Squeeze the size, higher psf, sell more units.

anyway caveat emptor.

took a look at at sim lian's centrale 8 floor plan. Wah lao their 3br also 61 sqm in size LOL.

seriously it cannot be premium when buyers are buying smaller sized units than normal BTO flats.

People like condo like finishing but don't want to pay that much. Frankly at that sort of quantum, I much rather go for EC if I was eligible.

DBSS is a super bad buy nowadays.
    Buying a DBSS is the same as buying a condo.
    Is the maintainence cost like a condo?
    The perception is still DBSS is not private by a lot of people. Wait till dbss property sees 25% property drop?
    Inflation comes high psf squeeze size.
    If deflation comes, will they be as generous?
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    DBSS is a super bad buy nowadays.
    Buying a DBSS is the same as buying a condo.
    Is the maintainence cost like a condo?
    The perception is still DBSS is not private by a lot of people. Wait till dbss property sees 25% property drop?
    Inflation comes high psf squeeze size.
    If deflation comes, will they be as generous?
    The DBSS projects in tpy, bishan and amk were all pretty decent. But the latest few is quite poor value for the money you're paying.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    People like condo like finishing but don't want to pay that much. Frankly at that sort of quantum, I much rather go for EC if I was eligible.
    Perception of majority group of people that view DBSS as HDB when times are good.

Clementi Ave 6 everyday jam, not exactly next to MRT. The 4 rooms premium starts higher than centrale8. Why people never boycott the developer? I don't understand. Prices of D5 HDB is on par with queenstown hey look. I don't understand.
    Affordable means small

According to Feng Shui, this layout will condemn that residents to being poor because cannot accumulate money with main entrance having to pass kitchen (& worse still even a toilet first!) first before even reaching the living room!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    6xxsqft for 3rm flat vy common wat....u check out all the older resale 3rm flat....all range 650-720sqft

This layout ok leh....quite like it....much better den many condo design

The DBSS projects in tpy, bishan and amk were all pretty decent. But the latest few is quite poor value for the money you're paying.
    Yes I agree, the peak at tpy in 2009 is very worth it.
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    According to Feng Shui, this layout will condemn that residents to being poor because cannot accumulate money with main entrance having to pass kitchen (& worse still even a toilet first!) first before even reaching the living room!
    Oh how can fengshui be bad. 888 units fa fa fa to max.
    People kp size but they forgot to kp price.
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    Perception of majority group of people that view DBSS as HDB when times are good.

Clementi Ave 6 everyday jam, not exactly next to MRT. The 4 rooms premium starts higher than centrale8. Why people never boycott the developer? I don't understand. Prices of D5 HDB is on par with queenstown hey look. I don't understand.
    Cos in people's mind, clementi is matured estate. So they queue up eagerly with their cheques. And besides, clementi hasn't seen any mass market project for a while. Those hundred trees and parc are a little too atas for the masses.

Cos in people's mind, clementi is matured estate. So they queue up eagerly with their cheques. And besides, clementi hasn't seen any mass market project for a while. Those hundred trees and parc are a little too atas for the masses.
    Watch out for the upcoming pc plot, further from clement mrt than this dbss site but most probably double the asking psf those who buy now huat liao

for that stretch of mrt line... only clementi is a town and has town facilities lah... i.e., banks, library, malls, post office, kfc, bigmac and etc... nus and polys also nearby... and there is a nanhua primary school near trivelis...

the other mrt stations... dover, bouna vista, commonwealth, queenstown, redhill all not "town" lah...

Buy with confidence..DBSS is gonna be limited edition soon..

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Watch out for the upcoming pc plot, further from clement mrt than this dbss site but most probably double the asking psf those who buy now huat liao
    Has the land been bidded for or not yet?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I thought nowadays, mm unit with 1 or 2 bedrooms have open concept kitchen, ie kitchen is next to the door. Does that mean that those who buy these types of units cannot accumulate wealth, if that's the case, I "cham liao lo" .

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    I thought nowadays, mm unit with 1 or 2 bedrooms have open concept kitchen, ie kitchen is next to the door. Does that mean that those who buy these types of units cannot accumulate wealth, if that's the case,
    I "cham liao lo".
    Maybe those who stay in it will have money problem. Not the buyer....

I thought nowadays, mm unit with 1 or 2 bedrooms have open concept kitchen, ie kitchen is next to the door. Does that mean that those who buy these types of units cannot accumulate wealth, if that's the case, I "cham liao lo" .
    As long as it's your tenant rather than you living there, you're ok.

MM units - designed for the "poorer" (in that income group) to destine them to remain "poorer" according to Feng Shui. No choice lah, people pay to get what they pay. So, better don't try to save a bit on such important thing like own-stay residential property but miss the tree!

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Maybe those who stay in it will have money problem. Not the buyer....
    Wow, if they have money problem, then I'll have problem getting the rent from them leh. Still thought of staying there and rent out my current 3 bedroom EC. Why pass through the kitchen cannot accumulate wealth, is it the fire will burn the money away?