Page 10 of 561 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025303540 ... LastLast

Thread: Property price is coming down fast

Quote Originally Posted by basic
    foreigners if you meet certain critiria, still can buy today...find out yourself....
    my taiwanese friends has 80 properties in Shanghai, that was before cooling measures.....now still hold most of them....we laugh at him now, but he bought at very low price....
    I checked before leh....Individual foreigner investor cant buy china ppty....dun tink their govt relax the rules rite

Was told nid to set up a coy in china den can buy?

Let me ask you, if you are a rich indonesian, will you keep all your currency in rupiah? If you are a rich china man will you keep all your money in rmb? If you wish to keep your money in other stable currency, will you just put it in a bank or put it in pty? we do not need millions of foreigners to buy into our ptys to keep our pty prices up, just a tiny fraction is enough to drive prices up to dizzying heights. If pte property prices drop by fifty%, let me tell you nobody will want to stay in hdb liao and many of us will be buying two or 3 more ptys to keep. You scare us in 2008 that prices will plunge in 2010, now you trying to do the same.
    you can continue to hope...china price already down 20-40%, if they got so much money why don't they push it up?? now they hope you bring your money to help them to push up their property market instead....
    they printed RMB4trillion in 2009, how much is their debt ballooned today?? RMB14.5trillion....they dare not print much liao, scared till death to print...instead tightening their credit....
    they either sell their property in HK & spore to bring money back....or ask you to buy china property now.....

And foreigner can only buy ppty in china for self stay....cannot rent out

Isit true?

I am quite keen in buying ppty in china if px drop further....

How to buy ar....anyone bot china ppty b4

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    I checked before leh....Individual foreigner investor cant buy china ppty....dun tink their govt relax the rules rite

Was told nid to set up a coy in china den can buy?
    for example, different city different regulation...

在境内工作、学习时间超过3年的境外个人、港澳台地区居民和华侨因生活需要可以购买一套商品住宅,购房前需到市公安局出入境管理处办理《境外个人在境内居留状况证明》

for example, different city different regulation...

在境内工作、学习时间超过3年的境外个人、港澳台地区居民和华侨因生活需要可以购买一套商品住宅,购房前需到市公安局出入境管理处办理《境外个人在境内居留状况证明》
    I tat time asked about beijing and shanghai

Only keen in these 2 cities

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Let me ask you, if you are a rich indonesian, will you keep all your currency in rupiah? If you are a rich china man will you keep all your money in rmb? If you wish to keep your money in other stable currency, will you just put it in a bank or put it in pty? we do not need millions of foreigners to buy into our ptys to keep our pty prices up, just a tiny fraction is enough to drive prices up to dizzying heights. If pte property prices drop by fifty%, let me tell you nobody will want to stay in hdb liao and many of us will be buying two or 3 more ptys to keep. You scare us in 2008 that prices will plunge in 2010, now you trying to do the same.

you keep make up story, telling lies, how to discuss....
    talk about china, now you switch to indonesia....whatever, when recession, all want to protect their investment...1996/7 to 2004/5, spore property down 50-60%, many indonesian sold & run road too, these are the group pushing up/down spore market in good & bad time, not those hardcore sporean for own stay.....funds are pulling out their money, look at weaker S$ compared to most currency these days, you know.....
    everyone buying 2 or 3 paper property huh...or ah kong banks huh....

So difficult for foreigner to buy china ppty.....so many restriction and cant rent it out....lol

Den govt restricts one pax to buy 2-3 units nia and their working class salary still so low.....cfm crash....

Can u imagine one day kbw set a rule tat one pax can only buy 2ppty! the whole world booming but our ppty will b crashing especially MMs......

If can only buy 2ppty, i will consolidate and buy 2 landed ppty nia....whahaha

Chinese protects their market quite a lot. Important stuff is tax quite a lot. Money make in China cannot be taken out so easiliy in full.

you keep make up story, telling lies, how to discuss....
    talk about china, now you switch to indonesia....whatever, when recession, all want to protect their investment...1996/7 to 2004/5, spore property down 50-60%, many indonesian sold & run road too, these are the group pushing up/down spore market in good & bad time, not those hardcore sporean for own stay.....funds are pulling out their money, look at weaker S$ compared to most currency these days, you know.....
    everyone buying 2 or 3 paper property huh...or ah kong banks huh....
    You didn't even answer his question on why your initial postings back in 2008 didn't come to fruition. Are you maintaining that what was mentioned previously by you is true? As in 2010 we have had properties' pricing going south by 40%?

You try to be a http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...tfuldodger.htm but you're really a http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Chinese protects their market quite a lot. Important stuff is tax quite a lot. Money make in China cannot be taken out so easiliy in full.
    Even salary as well. My brother (and his gf, friends that visited him) had to personally carry wards of RMB (half his pay in HKD, half in RMB) out of Shanghai (he's based there) whenever he(they) travels (for business or leisure) so as to help get the cash out.

Always felt like Chow Yun Fatt in God of Gamblers with all the bundles of cashs whenever i help go to FX changer over in Arcade to change for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Worsty
    You didn't even answer his question on why your initial postings back in 2008 didn't come to fruition. Are you maintaining that what was mentioned previously by you is true? As in 2010 we have had properties' pricing going south by 40%?

You try to be a http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/artfuldodger.htm but you're really a http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/ferouscranus.htm
    I already answered him twice, he is telling lies...you too?...
    we are talking of today situation, you want to talk about your 2008 investment, what you did here??....
    look forward, look future....thing is very ugly, it's true fact, don't wait till last minutes.....In early 2008, Cosco still at S$8, last month was S$0.88, you want to wait for your property to down to $0.8 then sell, then regret too late??....up/down is just cycle, time is here, your choice....

That makes matter worst when the largest denomination in RMB is 100.
    Even salary as well. My brother (and his gf, friends that visited him) had to personally carry wards of RMB (half his pay in HKD, half in RMB) out of Shanghai (he's based there) whenever he(they) travels (for business or leisure) so as to help get the cash out.

Always felt like Chow Yun Fatt in God of Gamblers with all the bundles of cashs whenever i help go to FX changer over in Arcade to change for him.

I already answered him twice, he is telling lies...you too?...
    we are talking of today situation, you want to talk about your 2008 investment, what you did here??....
    look forward, look future....thing is very ugly, it's true fact, don't wait till last minutes.....In early 2008, Cosco still at S$8, last month was S$0.88, you want to wait for your property to down to $0.8 then sell, then regret too late??....up/down is just cycle, time is here, your choice....
    Ah Boy ar....it's time to take your medicine..come come to papa...!

not true...whatever you paid income tax to china govt with slips, all can remit 100% out....
    there is so many channels...my taiwanese friends, remit S$300k is nothing....just hold telephone line with her wife in taiwan, he passed RMB1.5Mil to money changer in China, the wife collected equivalent amount in Taiwan$ on the spot....very common....
    HK even more convenient....

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    don't waste your time & my time....

Nice one... LOL!

Default HONG KONG HOMES FACED NEGATIVE EQUITY (BLOOMBERG)

Tsunami Coming>>>>

The rising number of Hong Kong homeowners with apartments worth less than their mortgages may further hurt sentiment already damped by the global equity rout and government curbs, according to Barclays Capital Research.
    The estimated number of mortgages in “negative equity”jumped to 1,653 at the end of the third quarter from 48 three months earlier, with the value of those loans rising to HK$4.1 billion ($528 million) from HK$58 million, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority said Oct. 28. An index tracking the city’s developers fell today.
    The number “provides the first clear evidence of the on-going decline in Hong Kong property prices,” Barclays’ Hong Kong-based analysts Andrew Lawrence and Vivien Chan wrote in a report today. “Further price falls are expected to follow.”
    The threat of a global economic slowdown is intensifying risks in Hong Kong’s home market and the government will monitor housing policies designed to curb prices, Financial SecretaryJohn Tsang said Oct. 27. Home transactions fell for a ninth straight month in September, while prices declined 3 percent from June to August, government statistics show.
    The Hang Seng Property Index, which tracks the city’s seven-biggest developers, fell 2 percent as of 11:41 a.m. in Hong Kong, the biggest decline among the four industry groups in the benchmark Hang Seng Index. It declined 16 percent this year, compared with the 14 percent drop in the benchmark gauge.
    Bank Valuation

Sun Hung Kai Properties Ltd., the world’s biggest developer, fell 2.3 percent to HK$107.10. Cheung Kong Holdings Ltd., the builder controlled by Hong Kong’s richest man, Li Ka-shing, slid 0.2 percent to HK$97.95.
    Rising negative equity “suggests that bank valuations for mortgages are falling quickly,” wrote Lawrence, who forecast home prices may drop as much as 30 percent by 2013 in an earlier report. “Homebuyers will either need to use more equity to fund their home purchases or negotiate lower prices.”
    The number of negative equity loans last quarter is at the highest since the second quarter of 2009. The figure reached a peak of 106,000 at the end of June 2003, when Hong Kong’s home prices ended a six-year slump that wiped about two-thirds off values on average.
    Hong Kong’s Chief Executive Donald Tsang promised to provide more affordable homes and signaled greater government intervention in narrowing social inequality in his Oct. 12 policy address, responding to a public outcry over the more-than 70 percent surge in home prices since early 2009.
    The government has in the past year raised minimum down- payment requirements on some home mortgage loans and increased land sales in an effort to curb soaring prices fueled by record low mortgage rates, a shortage of new apartment supply and an influx of buyers from other parts of China. Banks in Hong Kong have raised mortgage rates five times since March.
    To contact the reporters on this story:Kelvin Wong in Hong Kong at [email protected]

Yes oh yes its coming... its coming. Problem is some folks insist that its already happened... Well, good to be prepared for the worse lah!... I'm waiting waiting waiting for falling durian again...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    So difficult for foreigner to buy china ppty.....so many restriction and cant rent it out....lol

Den govt restricts one pax to buy 2-3 units nia and their working class salary still so low.....cfm crash....

Can u imagine one day kbw set a rule tat one pax can only buy 2ppty! the whole world booming but our ppty will b crashing especially MMs......

If can only buy 2ppty, i will consolidate and buy 2 landed ppty nia....whahaha

when music of musical chair stops, all know price going to go down for long time, then rush to exit together....that time the most property you have, will be the biggest laughing stock....
    just like in 2004-6, cheap cheap property also no buyers interested.....wait till then or when very very few in this forum talk about property, buy!...now, you can have them....have to wait log long time this around, it's not a normal cycle.....

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Tsunami Coming>>>>

The rising number of Hong Kong homeowners with apartments worth less than their mortgages may further hurt sentiment already damped by the global equity rout and government curbs, according to Barclays Capital Research.
    The estimated number of mortgages in “negative equity”jumped to 1,653 at the end of the third quarter from 48 three months earlier, with the value of those loans rising to HK$4.1 billion ($528 million) from HK$58 million, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority said Oct. 28. An index tracking the city’s developers fell today.
    The number “provides the first clear evidence of the on-going decline in Hong Kong property prices,” Barclays’ Hong Kong-based analysts Andrew Lawrence and Vivien Chan wrote in a report today. “Further price falls are expected to follow.”
    The threat of a global economic slowdown is intensifying risks in Hong Kong’s home market and the government will monitor housing policies designed to curb prices, Financial SecretaryJohn Tsang said Oct. 27. Home transactions fell for a ninth straight month in September, while prices declined 3 percent from June to August, government statistics show.
    The Hang Seng Property Index, which tracks the city’s seven-biggest developers, fell 2 percent as of 11:41 a.m. in Hong Kong, the biggest decline among the four industry groups in the benchmark Hang Seng Index. It declined 16 percent this year, compared with the 14 percent drop in the benchmark gauge.
    Bank Valuation

Sun Hung Kai Properties Ltd., the world’s biggest developer, fell 2.3 percent to HK$107.10. Cheung Kong Holdings Ltd., the builder controlled by Hong Kong’s richest man, Li Ka-shing, slid 0.2 percent to HK$97.95.
    Rising negative equity “suggests that bank valuations for mortgages are falling quickly,” wrote Lawrence, who forecast home prices may drop as much as 30 percent by 2013 in an earlier report. “Homebuyers will either need to use more equity to fund their home purchases or negotiate lower prices.”
    The number of negative equity loans last quarter is at the highest since the second quarter of 2009. The figure reached a peak of 106,000 at the end of June 2003, when Hong Kong’s home prices ended a six-year slump that wiped about two-thirds off values on average.
    Hong Kong’s Chief Executive Donald Tsang promised to provide more affordable homes and signaled greater government intervention in narrowing social inequality in his Oct. 12 policy address, responding to a public outcry over the more-than 70 percent surge in home prices since early 2009.
    The government has in the past year raised minimum down- payment requirements on some home mortgage loans and increased land sales in an effort to curb soaring prices fueled by record low mortgage rates, a shortage of new apartment supply and an influx of buyers from other parts of China. Banks in Hong Kong have raised mortgage rates five times since March.
    To contact the reporters on this story:Kelvin Wong in Hong Kong at [email protected]

I already said this yesterday, knew it 3 days ago....be ahead....much ahead....

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Yes oh yes its coming... its coming. Problem is some folks insist that its already happened... Well, good to be prepared for the worse lah!... I'm waiting waiting waiting for falling durian again...
    haha... when you are damn happy picking durian that time... you kena hit by a second falling durian then how??...

when music of musical chair stops, all know price going to go down for long time, then rush to exit together....that time the most property you have, will be the biggest laughing stock....
    just like in 2004-6, cheap cheap property also no buyers interested.....wait till then or when very very few in this forum talk about property, buy!...now, you can have them....have to wait log long time this around, it's not a normal cycle.....
    Fear not, fear not! No need to sell lah... I'm more for long term property investment. Also, the CM has effectively killed any flippers and short term investment in Singapore already. So long have holding power, then just sit on super low rental yields or no rental yields and wait out the crisis coz prices will go up eventually again. Can wait out and SSD too!

Ride at your own risk !!!

Fear not, fear not! No need to sell lah... I'm more for long term property investment. Also, the CM has effectively killed any flippers and short term investment in Singapore already. So long have holding power, then just sit on super low rental yields or no rental yields and wait out the crisis coz prices will go up eventually again. Can wait out and SSD too!
    very nice....these are the iron teeth, buy top sell bottom....
    like bought cosco at $8.2 & sold at $0.9 or lower later....
    when see $2mil become less than $1mil....then face distorted day & night....joking, hold tight tight, don't sell, will sure come back, 3 yrs, 15 yrs or 30 yrs, can wait wan....

Yup. People who are able to hold on will be eventual winner in the long term. Do you see Shaw, FEO sell everything before Lethman. Infact, they are quietly buying them during that period. Investment Portfolio will change with time. But look at the top richiest man in Singapore. How have investment in properties?

I think we are not connecting at all. I am talking about HDB all these while. Why did you bring in private? If you want to talk about 80% of the population, just talk about HDB. Private properties are not for the mass. A 4 bedroom HDB cost like 250-300k. There is NO 2 million properties at stake for 80% OF THE POPULATION. For those 2 million properties buyers, I am sure they have something planned for themselves.

this is bubble, all bubble will burst.....these profit is not sustainable....
    when bubble burst, what leftover is DEBT.....
    just imagine $2mil property, borrow $1.5mil, down 40%, worth only $1.2mil, your $500k is totally gone, yet still own bank $1.4mil....bank will either chase you to pay up $200k or.....
    Interest is on the way up...now any loan below S$1mil, interest is 1.8-2%...up from 1-1.2% from beginning of the yr.....more to come with S$ starting to become carry trade currency, like HK, now HK FD for 3 months is 2.5%, with FD at this rate, what you expect housig loan to be?? wait for spore to follow......

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    wasting your time....only brainless enjoy such brainless joke....

It is rather obvious. What goes up must come down. Questions are: how much and how fast?
    I already said this yesterday, knew it 3 days ago....be ahead....much ahead....

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    haha... when you are damn happy picking durian that time... you kena hit by a second falling durian then how??...
    You get someone else to go pick the durian. You just stand one corner and watch. If another durian falls, then you quickly decide if want to change durian. If already bought and too late to change, then forget about the other durian and enjoy your own durian lah... Bottomline, never regret which durian you've finally picked...

There is always better durian. Better contended.
    You get someone else to go pick the durian. You just stand one corner and watch. If another durian falls, then you quickly decide if want to change durian. If already bought and too late to change, then forget about the other durian and enjoy your own durian lah... Bottomline, never regret which durian you've finally picked...