Page 4 of 561 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Property price is coming down fast

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Inflation in food, energy and transport eats away the disposable income and save-able part of the income that can go into properties. Unless the inflation drives up pte property rental, which from the recent reports, is starting to fall.

now is stagflation....Spore GDP Q2 & Q3 at 0.7-1.5%, GDP at 5.5%....typical of stagflation...all developed country around thw world, all the same, US, UK, France, Germany.....
    Stagflation means, cost of living up but income & business down, disposable income down, liquidity dry up, interest hike, who still buy big ticket items?...
    next will be recession coming, then inflation will move to deflation....all price down...with current debt situation globally, all beg for money, why Europe come to china & Japan? if they have money, why come?? If they have money, don't even need to leverage from 250B to 1 Trillion EFSF....same to US, why shout QE3 recently, beside dry up, why print?? next month, Novemeber, will see US to raise debt limit again, why?? no money....downgrading of US rating in 3 weeks time....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Foreigner cant buy china ppty rite?

I m keen leh
    can...go ahead & buy...
    will be like S shares...all suspended, then write off totally...at least >10% china listed here gone case...all fake accounting, fake date, fraud, crooks & scum....very soon, many lan wei lou will appear...that means if you buy uncompleted unit, they will forever half completed.....
    China SSE stock index crashed from 6200 to 1600 in yr 2007 within 6 months, same to their property once trigger, all will dump like no tomorrow, gambler mentality...like recent Wenzhou bosses, already >150 run roads now, now spreads all over china...you want to know how they borrow leverage 1000% to borrow from china central bank?? go & find out yourself....
    all the worms of china yet to wait for chow ang mo to action.....
    Now China dare not to print like in 2009 RMB4trillion anymore...only keep tightening credit....they have learnt the lesson..

Quote Originally Posted by basic
    now is stagflation....Spore GDP Q2 & Q3 at 0.7-1.5%, GDP at 5.5%....typical of stagflation...all developed country around thw world, all the same, US, UK, France, Germany.....
    Stagflation means, cost of living up but income & business down, disposable income down, liquidity dry up, interest hike, who still buy big ticket items?...
    next will be recession coming, then inflation will move to deflation....all price down...with current debt situation globally, all beg for money, why Europe come to china & Japan? if they have money, why come?? If they have money, don't even need to leverage from 250B to 1 Trillion EFSF....same to US, why shout QE3 recently, beside dry up, why print?? next month, Novemeber, will see US to raise debt limit again, why?? no money....downgrading of US rating in 3 weeks time....
    You are too pessimistic and rash in your projection. Let the bros here tone you down Singapore still offers good environment that is becoming more rare admist the growing global turbulence and more frequent nature disasters for the locals and foreigners. The property here won't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    I would not discount Bro Basic's concerns totally, unlike Bro BJ21T who thinks a crash will never happen. Perhaps what is going to happen is somewhere in between.

Though I am not as pessimistic, I am also very wary of the road 6mths to 1yr down the road.

Bros/Sis with 2 or more holdings, I would urge you to look at your portfolios again very carefully. If the property is your only roof over your head than its a different story... but if you are holding on as investments, don't be too greedy with your profits or get too sentimental with your purchase.

Just my 2 cents.

what is going on will be worse than what I said here....
    this is a global debt crisis, china already said after 2 weeks ago Guangzhou trade fair, world demand & tade will be down till 2Q of next yr, after that, no visibility....>50% of Europe banks will be gone in next 2-3 yrs, just like 1930 great depression, started from 1 small Swiss bank, then spread to whole world....spore economy is the most vulnerable to outside economny...most europe banks starts to offload all their oversea asset to send money back hime to rescue, more action to come....
    18 months ago when Greece just started to shout no money, Euro keep coming back, we are ok, no problems, then CDS from 5% increased to 150% today, then PIIGS, but Euro keep saying they can manage, small problem...till last week, run like dogs to announce a plan, but where is the implementation....you trust them?? go ahead...same as US, 1 day before lehmans bankrupt, still claim they are fine....
    same as china & china companies before suspension, still have bill cash in bank, but after audit only S$50 in bank account.....
    wait for them to tell you, already to ho lan liao....

You are too pessimistic and rash in your projection. Let the bros here tone you down Singapore still offers good environment that is becoming more rare admist the growing global turbulence and more frequent nature disasters for the locals and foreigners. The property here won't crash.
    I am telling you the fact & what is coming with what is happening now in the world....
    you can shout whatever....market will go it's way....
    you can take your chance.....many gone thru' 1997 in spore & HK woould know how bad it was...tons bankrupt, commit suicide, family broken, work for life to pay debt.....
    this time is even worse.....this time will last much longer.....

It is about demand and supply and the basic understanding of what Singaporeans need. Singapore has NOTHING except this land and people. To sustain the current pleasures that we are all enjoying on this island, there is no other way than to keep building more infrastructure, expand our population and business, open up more opportunities and invite more investors. The only way forward is to try to raise the income level overall so that we can cope with the inflation and do not mind the continual domestic spending. Will anyone compromise their pay these days for cheaper living expenses? Do we want to go back to those days when we earn $300 a month but were able to buy noodles at 20 cents? Unlike China which has loads of land, Singapore has nothing but whatever is left under our feet. And remember, it is also not easy for us to buy sand to create more land - this is all we've got, population HAS to rise, so you go figure out what's the outcome in the long run.

I am telling you the fact & what is coming with what is happening now in the world....
    you can take your chance.....many gone thru' 1997 in spore & HK woould know how bad it was...tons bankrupt, commit suicide, family broken, work for life to pay debt.....
    My only worry is sudden rise in interest rate. I would b happy if property price crashes, bcoz I'm looking around for another good catch.

hi basic, r u alam1 in channelnewsasia ????

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    It is about demand and supply and the basic understanding of what Singaporeans need. Singapore has NOTHING except this land and people. To sustain the current pleasures that we are all enjoying on this island, there is no other way than to keep building more infrastructure, expand our population and business, open up more opportunities and invite more investors. The only way forward is to try to raise the income level overall so that we can cope with the inflation and do not mind the continual domestic spending. Will anyone compromise their pay these days for cheaper living expenses? Do we want to go back to those days when we earn $300 a month but were able to buy noodles at 20 cents? Unlike China which has loads of land, Singapore has nothing but whatever is left under our feet. And remember, it is also not easy for us to buy sand to create more land - this is all we've got, population HAS to rise, so you go figure out what's the outcome in the long run.
    already said earlier. it's about gloabl debt crisis, economy performance, stagflation, recession depression...to come about....
    nobody want to go down, go backward, go back to $300 or 20 cts noodle....but reality & market force is driving all these, not you or me or govt want or don't want....
    China has loads of land, their porperty surged 1000% in last 12 yrs....nothing to do with more or less land...spore property down 50-60% from 1996/7 to 2004/5 although we don't have much lands, HDB too, down 40%...
    when recession comes, govt should retrench foreigners instead of local breeds, how can scarify local for non-citizens including PR, foreigners will cut salary to keep their jobs, this will make situation worse....
    global country is cutting budget, cut spennding, this Xmas order easily down 50%, unemployed & jobless are .20% in most western world, no business, no jobs, do we still want to take risk to ship goods to them?? they can't even pay old debt now....many already stop ship supply to uropean company in asia now, clear old debt or cash on delivery now....check with your suppliers, you will know.....

Quote Originally Posted by paulho77
    hi basic, r u alam1 in channelnewsasia ????
    who are you in channelnewsasia??....

google yourself...it's fact...
    Beijing TongZhou city, >15 projects, average down from RMB26000 psm to RMB 13000 now....Shanghai Jiading & many RMB28000 psm to 16500 psm....tons more across china....they all shown in china CCTV programs....

Spore developers tries to give sweeteners instead of cut price, but many already started...you can go around & try, they will call you day & night to reduce price....

volume down drastically, price down too....
    Because our economy is strong, so most of the China people come to Singapore to invest in ppty.

From what I know, discounts are given mainly for VVIP preview. If they are going to give further discount to the "later" buyers, then it will be not fair to those "earlier" buyers who bought at a higher price, how can they do that?

who are you in channelnewsasia??....
    same nick...been reading yr posting in channelnewsasia forum...u kana ban izzit ?? never see u write there anymore. lol

WATERGHOST

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Because our economy is strong, so most of the China people come to Singapore to invest in ppty.

From what I know, discounts are given mainly for VVIP preview. If they are going to give further discount to the "later" buyers, then it will be not fair to those "earlier" buyers who bought at a higher price, how can they do that?
    nothing fair or unfair, willing buyer willing sellers....I know in 1996/7, some projects can't finish selling till 2001/2, selling at 50% of launched price of 1996/7....
    it's better for developers to collect money back fast than seeing price plunges further...banks would squeeze developers to pay back or default, sue them to bankrupt, all these leverage game is played this way....
    just like china cases to return property after price down 20-40%...if price go up, will they give away profit to developers??....all these greeds, if guarantee make money, who still want to work??....

above just some example within 1 mins of time, all down 10-20%....there is thousands of such cases in HK in last 1 months....go & find yourself such real caes....

alreday 3000 negative asset cases report to banks last 1 week in HK...more to come...3-4 banks in HK stop housing loan, not profitable, also liquidity tight, FD for 3 months already 2.4%, how to loan out at 4% for profit, so high riak as price keep coming down.....
    Not sure which bank is doing that. So far the agencies like Reuters, Bloomberg, S&P , moody etc do not have news break.

Developers in SG still pretty firm on prices.

Anyway, will stop feeding the Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by paulho77
    same nick...been reading yr posting in channelnewsasia forum...u kana ban izzit ?? never see u write there anymore. lol
    never see this nick, stop reading channelnewsasia for a while....

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    Not sure which bank is doing that. So far the agencies like Reuters, Bloomberg, S&P , moody etc do not have news break.

Developers in SG still pretty firm on prices.

Anyway, will stop feeding the Troll.
    sure....do your homework....get the right sources.....
    believe or not....it's all fact....
    time will tell.....

I am not agent...go & ask yourself...you will be regret in 1-2 yrs time even you get 20% now....once property triggered by a crisis event, it will be a long road downtrend like 1996/7 to 2006/7 & even longer as this time is global crisis, not asia crisis in 1997...
    Of course you are not an agent.. But to me, you are just a person who sold off your properties & begin try your luck to talk down on the property market... You are not the only one who use this tactic.. Haha

We need handsomeinvestor from CNA to neutralise your view.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Of course you are not an agent.. But to me, you are just a person who sold off your properties & begin try your luck to talk down on the property market... You are not the only one who use this tactic.. Haha
    we are here to discuss & analyse, fact & information....
    only low baller play such tactics of miss the boat, sell or buy, talk down or talk up....
    when global crisis happen, government also can't talk up market, who are you or me?? to talk down or up??....
    joker....

We need handsomeinvestor from CNA to neutralise your view.
    alreday 10-20 here, another 10 or 20 handsome or ugly, still the same...
    we are talking reason, true fact, skill, knowledge...not shouting or gambling or hoping or.....

the more China drops, the more Lion will rise. how so ?

if China properties drop 25%, Lion properties will rise 25% eventually. Very simple, and let your humble brother enlighten you.

If you are a rich mainlander, YOU HAVE A CHOICE. A choice to put your future into a safe haven. And where else will you put, knowing the low interest rates will not earn you any more pocket money in the banks? Yes ! You will start looking at places like Hong Kong & Singapore.

So, that brings us to this : If I know my China properties will drop eventually by 25%, I will have the same margin of extra 25% investing fund to put into my overseas properties. Correct or not, Lion brothers?

Will I choose Hong Kong ? Well, most likely because it is near to China and a highly free market. I can put 10% here just in case the market rocket like nobody's business. Then, another 30% I shall put into the Lion City simply because I know the whole world will be converging onto this tiny place.

The best part about the Lion City is that history tells me it is a risk controlled market- much like a hedge fund with a diversified portfolio. Because I know the speculative risks will be monitored closely and managed by the government through good governance & cooling measures. Therefore, my investment risks here will be reduced. I may not have rocketing properties like Hong Kong, but I will have a firm and steady market here.

Having a property here is like getting into an ivy league university in the USA hor. Yes, China and India can build all the best looking modern real estate, but they cannot duplicate easily our:

1) Medical Services ( Vital because I am rich and therefore very kiasi )
    2) Good Education recognised by angmos ( my children can get a western degree )
    3) Infrastructures ( Highly efficient transport and government services- important because I do not want to wait 2 years get my KTV license here.)
    4) High standard business services. ( My supplier for my factory products must have standard hor.. and we have 2 or 3 industral parks with plastic and paper factories here)
    5) Access to angmo expertise in banking. ( Yes... I want to INVEST the world. I need good standard brokerage firms closely monitored by MAS. )
    6) Freedom- ( yes... as long as you do not do anything against the law, you can just about do whatever you want, even talk in internet forums and watch youtubes like now )

And, what do we have here ?

1) HEALTH
    2) KNOWLEDGE
    3) CONVENIENCE
    4) INVESTMENT
    5) SAFETY
    6) INTERNET FREEDOM

Are not the above what every decent human on planet Earth wants ?

Thanks. And your point for warning us is Most of us are owners here.

We would appreciate more if you can call up the developers and tell them to slash their prices by > 50% because property market is going to crash soon. They will thank you too.

But please let us know which projects they are going to slash their prices as soon as they agree with your analysis and action plan.

we are here to discuss & analyse, fact & information....
    only low baller play such tactics of miss the boat, sell or buy, talk down or talk up....
    when global crisis happen, government also can't talk up market, who are you or me?? to talk down or up??....
    joker....
    Don't think you are here for a discussion & analyze.. A person like you are good in changing tone, divert attention whenever kena hamtam Jialet Jialet By other ppl. One moment saying now 10-20%, next moment change to time can tell.... Haha

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    I also shitting in my pants... I bought one, still kena SSD. .
    Sama sama, I also just bought a ppty 8 months ago, also kena SSD. But if you bought for your own stay or have the holding power, I think it should be no problem, ppty will stlll go up.

When I first bought my ppty in the suburban area, it was at a record high, then few months later, thanks to the "Lehman", ppty markets started to slump (but how many "Lehman" are there to fall). My ppty price dropped by almost 30%, but when the ppty market starts to pick up again, my ppty goes up by >30%, so in total it has actually recovered by about 60%.

Sorry, I'm confuse now.. Is the thread talking about buying/selling China/HK property thread?? haha..

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    This is another guy making sweeping here. I call all these guys talk without substance.

Like FEO, ya, they gave huge discount of as high as 20% for The Seawind, but this is their marketing strategy. 6 Units of townhouses sold for around $4.3m within a nite.

For their Euhabitat, the price has gone up more than 10% within a month by dropping discount and this is still moving.

HK property market down only 1.6% last month
    http://hk.centadata.com/cci/cci.htm
    I track HK property market very closely, and so for only one firesale of 6% below market price. and still so many good properties breaking new high,

China is instrumenting a softlanding now. It is better for longer term.

show ur facts and figures first u can earn your respect here.
    Else, ur just another rubbish here
    Sellers are very smart, they will jack up the price, then they give you discount, it still comes to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Sorry, I'm confuse now.. Is the thread talking about buying/selling China/HK property thread?? haha..
    lol.....property will never come down like china....in singapore

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    the more China drops, the more Lion will rise. how so ?

if China properties drop 25%, Lion properties will rise 25% eventually. Very simple, and let your humble brother enlighten you.

If you are a rich mainlander, YOU HAVE A CHOICE. A choice to put your future into a safe haven. And where else will you put, knowing the low interest rates will not earn you any more pocket money in the banks? Yes ! You will start looking at places like Hong Kong & Singapore.

So, that brings us to this : If I know my China properties will drop eventually by 25%, I will have the same margin of extra 25% investing fund to put into my overseas properties. Correct or not, Lion brothers?

Will I choose Hong Kong ? Well, most likely because it is near to China and a highly free market. I can put 10% here just in case the market rocket like nobody's business. Then, another 30% I shall put into the Lion City simply because I know the whole world will be converging onto this tiny place.

The best part about the Lion City is that history tells me it is a risk controlled market- much like a hedge fund with a diversified portfolio. Because I know the speculative risks will be monitored closely and managed by the government through good governance & cooling measures. Therefore, my investment risks here will be reduced. I may not have rocketing properties like Hong Kong, but I will have a firm and steady market here.

Having a property here is like getting into an ivy league university in the USA hor. Yes, China and India can build all the best looking modern real estate, but they cannot duplicate easily our:

1) Medical Services ( Vital because I am rich and therefore very kiasi )
    2) Good Education recognised by angmos ( my children can get a western degree )
    3) Infrastructures ( Highly efficient transport and government services- important because I do not want to wait 2 years get my KTV license here.)
    4) High standard business services. ( My supplier for my factory products must have standard hor.. and we have 2 or 3 industral parks with plastic and paper factories here)
    5) Access to angmo expertise in banking. ( Yes... I want to INVEST the world. I need good standard brokerage firms closely monitored by MAS. )
    6) Freedom- ( yes... as long as you do not do anything against the law, you can just about do whatever you want, even talk in internet forums and watch youtubes like now )

And, what do we have here ?

1) HEALTH
    2) KNOWLEDGE
    3) CONVENIENCE
    4) INVESTMENT
    5) SAFETY
    6) INTERNET FREEDOM

Are not the above what every decent human on planet Earth wants ?
    what a joker...
    my earlier post listed chinese sold their HK property to raise fund NOW instead of buying, same to spore....nothing to do with china down 25% then spore will up 25%, this is global in recession....if china property down 25%, you think their economy is still good?? will they still buy?? got money to buy? the last property to sell is their property at home, not spore....

you can list down 100 reasons why spore is good, when time is bad, nobody care, only fighting for survival, especially china...if you know how many richest & rich chinese already in jail in last 8 yrs....same to current one, many rich chinese how they get rich, you should know well....just like many S shares, also all chinese companies listed across the world from US to Norway, canada, Spore, HK....most shares already down >60-80% last month....many still waiting for auditing result, more under probe & investigation now....also govt servant & leaders....
    you think all these people will put their money or buy property in spore?? relationship between china & spore like master & slave, their money will be all gone with 1 phone call from PM or president of china.....best place for them to keep their money & asset is USA, china dare not touch USA till today, they may say NOT, but they dare not request....

up/down is just a cycle, like morning & night, nothing don't crash, just like nothing will forever down.....time is here....just see for yourself in 1-2 yrs time....

Have good psychiatrist here too. You need to see one tomorrow morning.