Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Palette (D18, 99 years leasehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    What do you think of the potential in the future compared to woodlands and JLD?
    One way to compare potential is the amount of land released for private residential. Hence I am very conservative about woodlands and JLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    One way to compare potential is the amount of land released for private residential. Hence I am very conservative about woodlands and JLD.
    Very hard to say about the future. GLS (Government Land Sales) policies are reviewed about twice yearly and land parcels can be added/removed into the confirm/reserve list as and when Gov't decides it. Actually apart from core CCR, the rest of SGP has plenty of land available for the Gov't to sell.

However, just because there are plenty of supply does not mean prices will just plunge right to the floor. To a very big extent, gov't exerts its influence by not allowing the land to be sold too cheaply - as you can see from recent UOL Paya Lebar's case. So I think 300psf for any pc of 99year leasehold land in SGP is the 'floor' price. With cheapo construction and minimal overhead, minimum average selling price for any new condo anywhere in SGP would be around 550psf. (unless there's WW3 or similar...)

For Pasir Ris, I think the best potential tenants are from Changi Business Park. CBP is still growing every day and I think the quality of the tenant there is good. Having said that, Bedok, Tampines and Simei's property prices and rental prices are much higher than Pasir Ris. This would inevitably force these tenants to look for alternatives. Either they will look towards Kembangan or Pasir Ris....so for people who don't really have their roots in SGP, they won't bother so much on whether its RCR or OCR as what they want is cheap and near workplace.

Woodlands will be boosted by new MRT line that is connected to JB. JLD will be boosted by Jurong East (commercial and recreational), Tuas (industrial) and Jurong Island (heavy industrial). Both have much better potential than Pasir Ris. I have yet to hear anything on Pasir Ris. It is likely the government will focus its resources on projects already announced.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Woodlands will be boosted by new MRT line that is connected to JB. JLD will be boosted by Jurong East (commercial and recreational), Tuas (industrial) and Jurong Island (heavy industrial). Both have much better potential than Pasir Ris. I have yet to hear anything on Pasir Ris. It is likely the government will focus its resources on projects already announced.
    Yes, do not doubt that those future devts will drive up values in Woodlands and Jurong. However it is still anyone's guess what the profile of tenants and residents would be like in the future i.e what are their price thresholds? would you get more blue collar or white collar in the area? There are indeed so many factors....

Yes, do not doubt that those future devts will drive up values in Woodlands and Jurong. However it is still anyone's guess what the profile of tenants and residents would be like in the future i.e what are their price thresholds? would you get more blue collar or white collar in the area? There are indeed so many factors....
    With travelling costs, time and hassle increasing, more people will stay near their workplaces and parents. Price in these areas near MRT will continue to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    With travelling costs, time and hassle increasing, more people will stay near their workplaces and parents. Price in these areas near MRT will continue to climb.
    u r SOLD on the JLD story

Actually what is the big deal about JLD ... Lakefront pricing already sort of factor that in .... everywhere also got development right? North got NSL to look for, East got SUTD / CBP ... so does JLD means psf in Lakeside will exceed Bedok?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Actually what is the big deal about JLD ... Lakefront pricing already sort of factor that in .... everywhere also got development right? North got NSL to look for, East got SUTD / CBP ... so does JLD means psf in Lakeside will exceed Bedok?
    ppl love to hear nice stories mah

to me hor,once JLD is developed it will be just another CBP.....

i drive around CBP recently....quite impressed wif the buildings there.....quite a few new roads were constructed as well

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    ppl love to hear nice stories mah

i drive around CBP recently....quite impressed wif the buildings there.....quite a few new roads were constructed as well
    if economy slow down, plan for JLD and Paya Lebar will probably get delayed ... but SUTD is breaking ground already so more assured of delivery ... obviously I am biased, being invested in the East

Changi City point definitely very well executed ... had my lunch there recently, jam-packed
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    if economy slow down, plan for JLD and Paya Lebar will probably get delayed ... but SUTD is breaking ground already so more assured of delivery ... obviously I am biased, being invested in the East

Changi City point definitely very well executed ... had my lunch there recently, jam-packed
    Phantom which condo u vested in?

Visited the showflat - quite good nice.
    Decent value - but 99LH land.
    Going to get really crowded over there though...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    But jurong already in CBP pricing no ?

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Visited the showflat - quite good nice.
    Decent value - but 99LH land.
    Going to get really crowded over there though...
    That's true...think TPE/PIE will have more traffic jams....and whitesands simply needs to be upgraded, or another bigger mall for pasir ris.

Anyone , any idea , how much is the 3+1 price

That's true...think TPE/PIE will have more traffic jams....and whitesands simply needs to be upgraded, or another bigger mall for pasir ris.
    Ya. White sands need to be expanded like what they have done to Jurong Point. Jurong Point looks so different now from my undergrad days at NTU.

Quote Originally Posted by iuhne
    Ya. White sands need to be expanded like what they have done to Jurong Point. Jurong Point looks so different now from my undergrad days at NTU.
    White Sand is owned by AsiaMall. So unlike Capitaland's Mall or Fraser's Mall, AsiaMall's mall tends to have lesser AEI activities.

Was quoted :
    #05-14 $1.028m
    #11-14 $1.062m
    Above is south facing with pool view

For those interested pls go to show flat to double confirm!
    Last edited by GForce; 17-11-11 at 12:13.

Quote Originally Posted by GForce
    Was quoted :
    #05-14 $1.028m
    #11-14 $1.062m
    Above is south facing with pool view

For those interested pls go to show flat to double confirm!
    About the same as NV price . price is attractive although is only 108 sq/m

Quote Originally Posted by khatib855
    About the same as NV price . price is attractive although is only 108 sq/m
    Yup. Agree
    This (priced to sell) is precisely why the project is moving quite fast.

So anyone here bought the palette? Thinking of getting a 2 bedder for investment, what r ur views?

Why not consider the 2+ study? Can be rented out as a compact 3 bedroom?

U might want to consider the stack with the least walking distance to the mrt.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Why not consider the 2+ study? Can be rented out as a compact 3 bedroom?

U might want to consider the stack with the least walking distance to the mrt.
    ya considering also. but usually i just want to focus on renting to singles. just a preference la.

For me, I don't really like most of the 2 and 2+1 design because the main door opens to the kitchen door which has straight through view to the kitchen window. I think not very good in terms of fengshui.

Only a few stacks of them the main door don't face the kitchen door.

For me, I don't really like most of the 2 and 2+1 design because the main door opens to the kitchen door which has straight through view to the kitchen window. I think not very good in terms of fengshui.

Only a few stacks of them the main door don't face the kitchen door.
    ok i am not well-versed in fengshui...can explain why main door cannot face kitchen door ah?

Kitchen is traditionally the "back" part of the house. If it faces the front door means ur wealth luck come from the front and directly leave through the back. = wealth fly away haa haa.

Kitchen is traditionally the "back" part of the house. If it faces the front door means ur wealth luck come from the front and directly leave through the back. = wealth fly away haa haa.

but for apartments where is the 'back' if there's no 'back door'??? hiyo so complicated

but for apartments where is the 'back' if there's no 'back door'??? hiyo so complicated
    I also confuse... In apartment where is the maindoor?

Quote Originally Posted by heroes
    I also confuse... In apartment where is the maindoor?