Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Katong mall

Default Katong mall

Wait until neck v long, Katong mall not ready yet ...sian. .

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Wait until neck v long, Katong mall not ready yet ...sian. .
    shd b ready by dec

looks more or less completed liao leh. can't wait for my 24 hours cold storage to come back!

its coming back rite????

And with a cinema ...midnite show with the girlfriend.

Also got Food Republic for those makan-lovers...

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos
    Also got Food Republic for those makan-lovers...
    so many good eateries along east coast leh......wouldn't settle for food republic myself

Agree...tons to choose from over there.
    Baba, bah kut or bbq ribs, even Pinoy food...colourful place
    Only thing it's very congested on that side of joo chiat...

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Agree...tons to choose from over there.
    Baba, bah kut or bbq ribs, even Pinoy food...colourful place
    Only thing it's very congested on that side of joo chiat...
    no need joo chiat road........beef kway teow, prawn noodle, pasta, chicken rice just further down (or up, depending where you come from)

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    so many good eateries along east coast leh......wouldn't settle for food republic myself
    Yah, food republic price sucks!

Was charged $8 for a bowl of ba chor bee at vivo.

no need joo chiat road........beef kway teow, prawn noodle, pasta, chicken rice just further down (or up, depending where you come from)
    Just drove past to check on my Coralis and was pleasantly surprised to see part of the front facing facade for PSB. Certainly looks nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Yah, food republic price sucks!

Was charged $8 for a bowl of ba chor bee at vivo.
    add two bucks and u can have a meal at astons!!!

add two bucks and u can have a meal at astons!!!
    Yalor, exorbitant prices. Thought $6 is already on the high side

Default KATONG MALL IS GOING TO BE EXCITING

Finally, we going to see a shopping mall which will stay awaken after midnight because it offers GV cinemas to movie goers as well as a rich servings of food from baba peranakan to ethnic malay, indian and chinese foods. I think Orchard will lose a big slice of its existing customers/shoppers.

The areas surrounding Katong Mall including Parkway will be brought back to life after 10pm. As of now, the shopping mood light goes off after 10pm but soon this will extend to after 12.

Paramount Shopping Mall will also be rejuvenated with Far East reconstructing the hotel component nearby. I can bet the hawker centres and the shops near Parkway Parade will also be brought back to life.

Its going to be a colorful mini city in this area cum mid-2012.

I heard that Katong Shopping Centre is also going for enbloc soon. I cant imagine if another shopping mall built there. This will effectively make this area second to Orchard Road shopping area.

I went inside the mall today and it looks so nice!

A lot of shops not opened yet. but Can tell its going to be quite hapening!

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet
    I went inside the mall today and it looks so nice!

A lot of shops not opened yet. but Can tell its going to be quite hapening!
    But I think the traffic there (joo chiat, marine parade and east coast road) will be a nightmare once it's fully open

It has happened at Serangoon and Clementi when malls opened.
    But I think the traffic there (joo chiat, marine parade and east coast road) will be a nightmare once it's fully open

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    The roads in the east is more organised as they have lots of junctions and side roads whereas in Serangoon its like if u are in that road, you will be stuck in it for good. I know some condo owners near Serangoon who desperately wanna sell their units cause of bad traffic.

In the east, there isnt much of a traffic congestion unless there is an accident or severe peak hours (6:15-7:15pm)

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    These congestions did not happen by coincidence or by miscalculations you know? Clementi and Serangoon eventually became hubs, well connected by MRT and transport systems. Isn't this a strong sign of SOMETHING that may be planned near Katong mall, Roxy, Parkway area?

Katong to Still road stretch is already quite bad.Well, the search for parking at least.

Any idea how this mall is like with their tenant listings? More like Century Square type or like Tampines One?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Worsty
    Katong to Still road stretch is already quite bad.Well, the search for parking at least.

Any idea how this mall is like with their tenant listings? More like Century Square type or like Tampines One?
    This whole katong/marine parade area is going to be exciting. Katong 112 mall is going to have a GV cinema the first cinema in Marine Parade area after so many years. And Katong 112 tenants are interesting with many established food joints and retail shops. The mall design is also modern, yet simplistic and open concept layout.

Marine Parade/Amber going to have 2 major shopping malls - Parkway Parade and Katong 112 with effect from 2012. And Katong Shopping Centre will also be enbloc soon and will be the site of probably the biggest shopping mall in Marine Parade area. Paramount Shopping & Hotel will undergo a major refurbishment by Far East (owner) to add color to this area. A Peranakan theme is set to make the malls different from other malls in Singapore.

Its going to be an exciting area to live in. I am now contemplating of buying a unit at The Silversea cause I can foresee the huge potential of this area after the announcement of the mrt construction near Amber and Marine Parade area.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    This whole katong/marine parade area is going to be exciting. Katong 112 mall is going to have a GV cinema the first cinema in Marine Parade area after so many years. And Katong 112 tenants are interesting with many established food joints and retail shops. The mall design is also modern, yet simplistic and open concept layout.

Marine Parade/Amber going to have 2 major shopping malls - Parkway Parade and Katong 112 with effect from 2012. And Katong Shopping Centre will also be enbloc soon and will be the site of probably the biggest shopping mall in Marine Parade area. Paramount Shopping & Hotel will undergo a major refurbishment by Far East (owner) to add color to this area. A Peranakan theme is set to make the malls different from other malls in Singapore.

Its going to be an exciting area to live in. I am now contemplating of buying a unit at The Silversea cause I can foresee the huge potential of this area after the announcement of the mrt construction near Amber and Marine Parade area.
    Y silversea.....our guru agent

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Y silversea.....our guru agent
    Silversea has the best seaview facing of all the condos in the east or u can say in Singapore other than those at Sentosa Cove of course. This is because Silversea is sited at a location the closest to the sea from Amber Road. The sea shore is probably like just less than 50 metres away from the Silversea condo fencing. Other condos like Cote D Azur, Costa Del Sol are located on a piece of land 50-100 metres away from the seashore. It makes a huge difference in terms of the seaview.

In addition, this development is beautiful and boast new concepts like fine dining area, small spa pools on mid bridge floor etc.

The only setback is its 99 years and not freehold. But then this area will be expensive regardless of condo status.

And Katong Shopping Centre will also be enbloc soon and will be the site of probably the biggest shopping mall in Marine Parade area.
    The plot of land katong shopping centre is sitting on is not very big compared to parkway parade leh. So how can it be the biggest mall in marine parade area? Unless the developer also buy over a substantial number of the landed residential units behind katong shopping centre?

Silversea has the best seaview facing of all the condos in the east or u can say in Singapore other than those at Sentosa Cove of course. This is because Silversea is sited at a location the closest to the sea from Amber Road. The sea shore is probably like just less than 50 metres away from the Silversea condo fencing. Other condos like Cote D Azur, Costa Del Sol are located on a piece of land 50-100 metres away from the seashore. It makes a huge difference in terms of the seaview.

In addition, this development is beautiful and boast new concepts like fine dining area, small spa pools on mid bridge floor etc.

The only setback is its 99 years and not freehold. But then this area will be expensive regardless of condo status.
    silversea definitely the bestest project in tat area IF we disregard its LH status and pricing

but i tot entry px very impt? y not consider those resale FH apts along meyer wif seaview?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    silversea definitely the bestest project in tat area IF we disregard its LH status and pricing

but i tot entry px very impt? y not consider those resale FH apts along meyer wif seaview?
    well, i'm grateful to silversea pushing the psf limits to new heights, huat ah!!!!

I am not really exciting about Katong Mall. In fact, I am waiting for the transformation plan for the entire Marine Parade Town Centre which is easily 40 years old.

All the old shophouses, multiple storey carpark, hawker centre and market, NTUC, the church etc..the potential is so huge, and I think this will be announced once ERL is settled.

FEO knows it, that is why grabbing the land in this area

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I am not really exciting about Katong Mall.
    same same

i went there bcoz got 1st hr free parking....LOL!!!(no more free liao hor....ended oredi)

quite a small Mall....hopefully GV can last there lor....hehehe

yeap, focus on projt near marine parade.
    It will reap both erl and the town center revamp ...

Totally agree.... the roads are way too narrow.... going to be like CitySquare at Kitchener......

The roads in the east is more organised as they have lots of junctions and side roads whereas in Serangoon its like if u are in that road, you will be stuck in it for good. I know some condo owners near Serangoon who desperately wanna sell their units cause of bad traffic.

In the east, there isnt much of a traffic congestion unless there is an accident or severe peak hours (6:15-7:15pm)
    Kid me not? Have you ever been caught in the jam at the junction of Mountbatten Road and Joo Chiat Road on normal days? Try driving there and you will know what I mean.

The fact that you have lots of junctions and side roads, no doubt more organised, results in bottlenecks.

I can imagine how much traffic jams it will create, assuming the number of car park lots, car park entry and exit remain status quo.

With Coralis, The Sound, Mountbatten Suites and the church goers there, its gonna be a BIG nightmare.

My worth..