Thread: Singapore Masterplan in year 2050

Default Singapore Masterplan in year 2050

Something Interesting for reading & dreaming about what the future will looks like although it's not real.

WOHA: masterplan for singapore 2050

during singapore design week 09, WOHA presented 'architects save the world and bring joy to the millions', a masterplan for singapore for the year 2050. the projects were compiled into a newspaper titled the 'strange times' which had a science-fiction approach throughout, and included stories on the various structural developments of singapore's future, along with advertising related to the tourism and agricultural industries of the nation. the newspaper was dated thursday, november 24th, 2050 a look ahead at the possibilities which lie ahead for singapore.

the masterplan 2050 draws on CPR2100, an original proposal which first introduced a coastal protective ring(CPR) around singapore, from which many of the country's vital infrastructure systems have stemmed. the overall scheme is made-up of four quadrants:
    Sun city, Bay of tides, East coast parkland and Jurong Plantations.

Goto this link to read the details of the 2050 masterplan & futuristic pictures.

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat...pore-2050.html

Sun City
    Sun city, is located in the north-eastern quadrant of CPR2100 and is singapore's most successful energy harvester, acting as the country's largest residential power plant.

The goal was to provide 90,000 new housing units and to cover more than half of singapore's energy needs. The main focus was directed on solar energy, which at the time of initiation was the most advanced technology. there are several solar power plants of different scales within
    the quadrant, the most iconic of these being the singapore energy tower, a 900m tall building that has the ability to harvest solar power from as much as 100 km2 area around it.

Bay of Tides
    Bay of tides, also known as agrobath, is a combination of dyke, powerplant and high-density housing development. located in the poyan reservoir it also functions as a tidal lagoon. Daily changes in tide levels, enhanced by what scientists call the venturi effect, generate a
    higher velocity of water, which flows through the constricted opening of the CPR into the lagoon.

The currents allow the underwater turbines located at the opening to turn, harvesting the current energy and transforming it into electricity in the iconic white towers of development. There are also vertical wind turbines in between housing blocks, mini-islands in the middle
    of the lagoon with a kite generator capturing high-altitude wind currents, and PV wraps on buildings to capture an abundance of sunlight in the region on non-cloudy days. Agrobath no only supplies
    all electricity necessary for development, but can also supply excess power back to the national grid.

East Coast Parklane
    Probably the most prominent quadrant is the east coast parkland(ECPL). the south-eastern quadrant is a high-density leisure dyke which accommodates housing and recreational components.
    More than 300,000 singaporeans call this parkland their home, and an estimated 15 million visitors make it to the park every year, making it a leisure location. considered 'the nation's playground',
    ECPL provides its own energy needs and contributes to food security mainly through seafood farms and mushroom plantations whose crop goes straight into the 42 micro breweries located within the area.

Jurong Platation
    The industrial and nutrition hub of the nation is the quadrant of jurong plantations. Considered a bit of an agri-resort, it consists of lush rolling green fields with calmly rotating windmills. this green infrastructure was developed in order to meet the needs of a growing industrial sector as well as reach food security for the nation. to cover jurong plantation's energy needs both agriculturally and industrially, developers pushed for the
    implementation of a state-of-the-art wind energy harvesting system known as the 'dragon fly' wind turbine S-088. dotting the lush green landscape it was designed exclusively for singapore by suzon. Its design draws on inspiration from the wings of a dragonfly and has been conceived
    according to singapore's low wind velocities. Following the steps of agri-tourism, the plantation also plays host to a number of agri-resorts.
    Last edited by PN; 08-11-11 at 14:57.

Have you seen the map of China in 2050? It includes Singapore as one of the states! Haha I imagine one becoz there will be so many Chinese staying in HDBs, condos and Sentosa...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Have you seen the map of China in 2050? It includes Singapore as one of the states! Haha I imagine one becoz there will be so many Chinese staying in HDBs, condos and Sentosa...
    also a province shared by india....

I like the idea of shrumbier..... Cute. Imagine smurfs hard at work making it...

BEAUTIFUL ! Indeed, the Sky People has been right about the new generation-i of the Lion City ! I foresee that to happen within 15 years, not 40 years !

Now that I saw the creativity behind all these design, the more I am convinced the new property boom of the Lion City in 2012.

Good Luck !

神龙股侠。

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    BEAUTIFUL ! Indeed, the Sky People has been right about the new generation-i of the Lion City ! I foresee that to happen within 15 years, not 40 years !

Now that I saw the creativity behind all these design, the more I am convinced the new property SLUMP of the Lion City in 2012.

Good Luck !

神龙股侠。
    Editor's note: typo as highlighted in bold above.