Thread: Any bro ever stay old walkup apt at east coast?

Default Any bro ever stay old walkup apt at east coast?

another talk kok sing song thread ....

been doing some walking(literally)...around the east coast stretch from still road to siglap quite a number of old run down apt buildings...freehold big in size...i think pricing also in region of 8 to 9 hundred psf similar to new launch in ulu location...just wonder if these would be suitable for own stay/rental potential(china/philipine hostess...)

basically just curious what you guys think of these kind of apts any experience or anybody vested/staying these kind of place...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08

been doing some walking(literally)...around the east coast stretch from still road to siglap quite a number of old run down apt buildings...freehold big in size...i think pricing also in region of 8 to 9 hundred psf similar to new launch in ulu location...just wonder if these would be suitable for own stay/rental potential(china/philipine hostess...)

basically just curious what you guys think of these kind of apts any experience or anybody vested/staying these kind of place...
    Upside limited. No facilities. Some got no lift, thus when old, very difficult to climb 4 storeys of steps. High chance they may become foreign workers dorm..

dear brother radha08, if all the residents are owners then ok ba. But if not, then like brother fclim cautioned, it could transform into something else. I used to stay in Geyland walkup when all the owners are residents until one investor came along... waulaueh...I then saw many KTV girls walking by my front door leh. so u should research on the residents there first lah

Even if u wanna pretend to be arty and have taste and class opt to live in walkups, spend a bomb to do up the place nicely, you cant change your neighbour tenants profile nor the inhabitants of the area.

My friend recently bought walkup in joo chiat and next door is a lodging for the pros working around the area...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Even if u wanna pretend to be arty and have taste and class opt to live in walkups, spend a bomb to do up the place nicely, you cant change your neighbour tenants profile nor the inhabitants of the area.

My friend recently bought walkup in joo chiat and next door is a lodging for the pros working around the area...
    brother mcmlxxvi is correct. exactly my sentiments lah.

also, becareful of some converted to student dorms also. this can include landed houses too. the key is to make use of this opportunity to upgrade to a good neighborhood.

Joo chiat apartment, the gnd unit facing road and coffees shop, 4 better, used as foreign worker dormitory...cant buy for own stay lah

tks for inputs bros...i think main issue is the kind of neighbours yup i know nice scenery if ur single...but married with kids......anyway just a thought in reality i am NOT in any hurry just been browsing prop guru but i see a LOT of condos for sale in the east coast area....my kids schools around here and i like the air in the east so just exploring options....after all looks like a buyers mkt....

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Joo chiat apartment, the gnd unit facing road and coffees shop, 4 better, used as foreign worker dormitory...cant buy for own stay lah
    joo chiat happening sometimes in morning after send my kids to sch i have prata at duku rd prata shop can see a lot of spillover mei meis from previous night...

Hi Radha08,
    You thinking of getting a unit in d15,
    Price are all time high, may be better to buy directly from developers.
    Couple of new launch eg uberd388, haig@488, sycamore,seawind,la vida, suite@east coast , aristo@amber going to top soon....
    Some empty units at ola and many subsale at mountbatten suite etc.
    Hope it helpful to u

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Hi Radha08,
    You thinking of getting a unit in d15,
    Price are all time high, may be better to buy directly from developers.
    Couple of new launch eg uberd388, haig@488, sycamore,seawind,la vida, suite@east coast , aristo@amber going to top soon....
    Some empty units at ola and many subsale at mountbatten suite etc.
    Hope it helpful to u
    tks i think in next 6mths going to be plenty in the mkt...

Since we are on this topic, can seek fellow forummers views? Will Pandan valley become the same as goo chiat walk up with pros, student dorms and foreign workers dorm? Pandan valley also old and no lift on every floor plus area so big so no chance for en bloc.... Thanks in advance...

tks i think in next 6mths going to be plenty in the mkt...
    lets sing tgt: dream a dream.....

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Since we are on this topic, can seek fellow forummers views? Will Pandan valley become the same as goo chiat walk up with pros, student dorms and foreign workers dorm? Pandan valley also old and no lift on every floor plus area so big so no chance for en bloc.... Thanks in advance...
    no niteclubs nrby leh

Got chance turn into student dorms....