Thread: Any bro tenancy got cancelled cos he ask for higher rental...

Default Any bro tenancy got cancelled cos he ask for higher rental...

I just email my tenant asking for slight rise about 10% in monthly rental cos TA going to expire...so far NO reply...

based on mkt price it still about 10% less than mkt rental...but i dunno if i did the right thing...sekali he say dont want to renew...siao liao...

anyway our relationship been good so i hoping for the best...

any bro been in this kinda situation??

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    I just email my tenant asking for slight rise about 10% in monthly rental cos TA going to expire...so far NO reply...

based on mkt price it still about 10% less than mkt rental...but i dunno if i did the right thing...sekali he say dont want to renew...siao liao...

There nothing wrong ,, it just a matter of neg. And both parties agree , deal close , if otherwise, get new tenant... It just a commercial decision ..

I just renewed my tenancy at 26% above the previous. I think the rents currently are at a higher level than 2 years ago. Your tenant is probably looking around to check the market rent. And if it's a FT probably checking with his company that they wish him to stay for another 2 years.

Your situation is quite delicate. Bcoz you are partially living off his rental. What if he doesn't renew and it becomes difficult to secure tenant?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Your situation is quite delicate. Bcoz you are partially living off his rental. What if he doesn't renew and it becomes difficult to secure tenant?
    4rm hdb in bedok...i think shouldnt be a prob thats why i dare to ask

Usually they will come back to you to counter offer you, u less they already made up their mind to move, in that case, even if you don't raise he will also go.... You can easily get a new tenant if indeed your rent is still below market rate...

dear brother radha08, first of all, it is not necessary to email your tenant to state your intention to increase the rental.

** you should instead ask them if they want to renew the contract OR even better, just remind them that their tenancy is expiring soon and if they wanna extend it.

ONLY and ONLY when they tell you their intention to continue the tenancy, then should u inform them of your intention to increase the rental.

And How so ?

Because if you tell them too early of your intention, they will have a choice to look for another alternative. Or, they can simply pretend to have lost your email.

Also, once IF they replied to (* *) ABOVE, it will be very odd for them not to continue the communication with you on the tenancy matters. In this case, you can negotiate for whatever figure you want and let them bargain it with you lor..heheheheh

Good Luck

神龙股侠。
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 10-11-11 at 23:44.

For me, i prefer to wait and do nothing.....if they r keen to renew, they will usually ask u at least 1mth beforehand....

If nvr tell me anything, i jus set a time to do handing taking over

tks guys my tenant replied he said we should meet to discuss matters.... wish me luck....

actually another option for me if he dont renew is to throw in maybe 20 to 30k and do a complete reno of my unit that has been rented out for past 5 years and after doing that i would probably get a much higher rental about 20 to 30% more but i would probably loose 2 mths rental due to the reno period anyway see what he says...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

How much you are renting out now? Heard HDB rental very good now.
    Got friend rent out HDB 3rm for $2k pm!

tks guys my tenant replied he said we should meet to discuss matters.... wish me luck....

actually another option for me if he dont renew is to throw in maybe 20 to 30k and do a complete reno of my unit that has been rented out for past 5 years and after doing that i would probably get a much higher rental about 20 to 30% more but i would probably loose 2 mths rental due to the reno period anyway see what he says...

no need to be to desperate. Just wait for them to call you but set a reasonable cutoff time , in case you need to market your unit again.

i don't think u have a problem to find a new tenant

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    I just renewed my tenancy at 26% above the previous. I think the rents currently are at a higher level than 2 years ago. Your tenant is probably looking around to check the market rent. And if it's a FT probably checking with his company that they wish him to stay for another 2 years.

Bro, you the can!
    I just rented out mine for next 2yrs at 3% higher rate than it was previously...

How you got 26%?... that's amazing!
    Any tips to bear in mind for future?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    For me, i prefer to wait and do nothing.....if they r keen to renew, they will usually ask u at least 1mth beforehand....

If nvr tell me anything, i jus set a time to do handing taking over
    Yep. Always play it cool...

2 recent renewals got at least 25% increase. Good locations have an edge. Does not really need to negotiate.
    Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    Bro, you the can!
    I just rented out mine for next 2yrs at 3% higher rate than it was previously...

How you got 26%?... that's amazing!
    Any tips to bear in mind for future?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    3rm flat can hit 2.5k in prime area

wah spend so much and den rent out! No no! Just spend basic reno less den 10k will do the trick liao!

Only ccr condo worth spending more on reno to catch big fish

wah spend so much and den rent out! No no! Just spend basic reno less den 10k will do the trick liao!

Only ccr condo worth spending more on reno to catch big fish
    Any advice what can be done in ccr condo to catch big fish? Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Depending how prime and big the fish u wana catch lor....

How much to pour into reno is a function of the target rental quantum

I buy different grade of furnitures, lightings and curtains for different ppty

Some tenants even buy quality things & leave them behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503

My friend rent out his old Jurong West 3 room HDB flat above a shop house for 1.8K!

2.2k looking to increase to 2.4k...tenant been good no issues or headaches...with no delay in payment so i am happy and he is happy...but i am also a tenant paying my landlord 3k plus for rental of a house so looking to reduce the difference...in rental i collect and rental i pay....

2.2k looking to increase to 2.4k...tenant been good no issues or headaches...with no delay in payment so i am happy and he is happy...but i am also a tenant paying my landlord 3k plus for rental of a house so looking to reduce the difference...in rental i collect and rental i pay....
    harlow....u stay in landed and he stay in ur old 4rm hdb hor.....hahhaa

harlow....u stay in landed and he stay in ur old 4rm hdb hor.....hahhaa
    bro times are bad can squeeze just squeeze...he he i told my tenant i stay landed pay $5k rental make him scared a bit....sometime got to lie....

bro times are bad can squeeze just squeeze...he he i told my tenant i stay landed pay $5k rental make him scared a bit....sometime got to lie....
    Ya....white lie .....
    Radha08, actually you really got a good deal for your frankel house rental.
    How did you get it at such a low price?
    If I were your HDB tenant, I would also believe that you are paying 5k for the rental.
    Frankel house, 4000 sq ft....3.5K, right?
    Just curious...... is it a very old, dilapidated house?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Ya....white lie .....
    Radha08, actually you really got a good deal for your frankel house rental.
    How did you get it at such a low price?
    If I were your HDB tenant, I would also believe that you are paying 5k for the rental.
    Frankel house, 4000 sq ft....3.5K, right?
    A "white lie" is a benign lie of tact so as not to hurt somebody else's feelings.

If you tell your tenant he is not fat when he is, that is a white lie.

If you tell your tenant that you are paying $5k rental when you are only paying $3k as justification to increase his rental is not a white lie, it is a downright lie.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    A "white lie" is a benign lie of tact so as not to hurt somebody else's feelings.

If you tell your tenant he is not fat when he is, that is a white lie.

If you tell your tenant that you are paying $5k rental when you are only paying $3k as justification to increase his rental is not a white lie, it is a downright lie.
    Hahahaha......
    White lies are harmless lies told to avoid distress and embarrassment.
    So in this case, radha08 lied to his tenant to make his tenant feel better about the increase in his rental.
    No harm done to his tenant, so it is a white lie.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Hahahaha......
    White lies are harmless lies told to avoid distress and embarrassment.
    So in this case, radha08 lied to his tenant to make his tenant feel better about the increase in his rental.
    No harm done to his tenant, so it is a white lie.
    Hmmm.... buttercarp, good rebuttal, you continue to amaze me.

Ever considered a career in litigation? or are you already in the legal profession?

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Hmmm.... buttercarp, good rebuttal, you continue to amaze me.

Ever considered a career in litigation? or are you already in the legal profession?
    Just playing with words.
    Nope, never considered law, too stressful.
    I can't bear to prosecute people, even if they are in the wrong, especially if they are repentant.
    "Do no harm" is my motto.

I upped by 16% in august this year because really wanted to change tenant.
    Coz the last contract started at below market rate.
    In the end e expat tenant agreed to the hike...
    Funny how things work out sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by limfc
    I upped by 16% in august this year because really wanted to change tenant.
    Coz the last contract started at below market rate.
    In the end e expat tenant agreed to the hike...
    Funny how things work out sometimes.
    the tenant probably didn't want the hassle of moving out.