Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will prices in TK drop?

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    instead of telok kurau,why not consider projects on mountbatten rd (ola,mountbatten suites) or haig rd (haig 162)..there are definitely more upside potential there than TK...
    bcoz joo chiat followed by tk r the cheapest in whole d15 liao?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    bcoz joo chiat followed by tk r the cheapest in whole d15 liao?
    i just find there's not much selling point for telok kurau area as its not accessible if u dont drive.
    joo chiat is becoz of the sleaze in that area..budget hotels,pubs with vietnamese,prc chix etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    to me i am bullish about D15. so many good schs, seaside, young couples, creative class, proximity to town, peranakan flavours, parkway, classy condos....hiyo, those who cannot afford city will push themselves out to D15. hence constantly have demand one....
    Plus gorgeous people...yup, please do consider D15, it has the most potential considering prices haven't risen much yet...

Im bullish about D15 too....can't wait to stay though..

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmillineum
    Im bullish about D15 too....can't wait to stay though..
    Haha r u saying you are gorgeous lol

Plus gorgeous people...yup, please do consider D15, it has the most potential considering prices haven't risen much yet...
    Thought D15 has risen quite a lot over the last few years?

It unlikely to crash, .... with a pool of ready buyer.
    There like a very pool of bystanders waiting to buy at 10% Correctn, ...including me.
    15% would be a miracles ....
    Interest rate spike of 5-6% would be the most lethal cm....

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    It unlikely to crash, .... with a pool of ready buyer.
    There like a very pool of bystanders waiting to buy at 10% Correctn, ...including me.
    15% would be a miracles ....
    Interest rate spike of 5-6% would be the most lethal cm....
    ask urself, did u buy any stocks recently when it drop 10%?

its likely no, for many pple. cos adapt the wait and see mentality for a clearer sky.

10% in props, may not eunff to trigger buys. if the sky is blur, CM, SSD all in place

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    ask urself, did u buy any stocks recently when it drop 10%?

its likely no, for many pple. cos adapt the wait and see mentality for a clearer sky.

10% in props, may not eunff to trigger buys. if the sky is blur, CM, SSD all in place
    Shd trigger at 10% discount for properties from current prices. $1 million condo at $900k. V good value.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Shd trigger at 10% discount for properties from current prices. $1 million condo at $900k. V good value.
    for own stay 10%, perhaps.

for investors... very much depend on sentiment

I think Parc Elegence is giving some extra discounts to their penthouse units. TOP soon. 1 bedroom penthouse around 800k. 1000psf.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I think Parc Elegence is giving some extra discounts to their penthouse units. TOP soon. 1 bedroom penthouse around 800k. 1000psf.

Really, but how much wld the goal quantum be? I honk for small devts quantum matters more than psf.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    for own stay 10%, perhaps.

for investors... very much depend on sentiment
    In fact it has happened. My colleague recently bought a unit at Lorong n. seller asked for $1.05million, she negotiated to $940k. Signs of sellers lowering their expectations already...

In fact it has happened. My colleague recently bought a unit at Lorong n. seller asked for $1.05million, she negotiated to $940k. Signs of sellers lowering their expectations already...
    my earlier posts quoted few projects alrdy price down, transacted lower than previous.

but tedderbear got aggressive over it.

*so i got the msg, it not advisable to share any price trend/ caveats on forum??

Asking for certain sum and then lower it to conclude the sale is not conclusive that price has dropped or there's a correction.

Has to compare with last transacted price of the same project having same size, floor, etc

Telok Kurau too many units.

Agree Haig got more potential.

I expect next year to be worse. I maintain 5-10% correct from current prices, except for those near MRTs. From Q3-Q4 of this year:
    - Land bids are lower
    - Individual units asking prices are stagnated
    - Enbloc asking prices are coming down
    - MMs sales are slowing down, mass market condo sales not near MRT are worse
    - Rental has peaked or starting to come down
    - More property advertisements show anxiety of developers

Cool

I expect next year to be worse. I maintain 5-10% correct from current prices, except for those near MRTs. From Q3-Q4 of this year:
    - Land bids are lower
    - Individual units asking prices are stagnated
    - Enbloc asking prices are coming down
    - MMs sales are slowing down, mass market condo sales not near MRT are worse
    - Rental has peaked or starting to come down
    - More property advertisements show anxiety of developers
    MMs sales are slowing down?? i reckon not.
    the 1 bedders launched in geylang lor 39 d'weave n regent residences were snapped up instantly..
    in fact imo,price to remain stagnated is healthy overall cos its a sign that prices are steady n have stabilised..
    i would rather have it this way than for prices to keep going up coz it will also tumble hard.
    as for rental,1 must see location n project itself..
    icon,clift,sail,esta n cotz d'azur are still getting good rentals n fast take up rates also..

MMs sales are slowing down?? i reckon not.
    the 1 bedders launched in geylang lor 39 d'weave n regent residences were snapped up instantly..
    in fact imo,price to remain stagnated is healthy overall cos its a sign that prices are steady n have stabilised..
    i would rather have it this way than for prices to keep going up coz it will also tumble hard.
    as for rental,1 must see location n project itself..
    icon,clift,sail,esta n cotz d'azur are still getting good rentals n fast take up rates also..
    I totally agree with you!!!!

I'm comparing across a period of abt 2 years, when e MM craze was e hottest. Many MM apartments could b fully sold in a few days or weeks. Now they take months.

Cool

I'm comparing across a period of abt 2 years, when e MM craze was e hottest. Many MM apartments could b fully sold in a few days or weeks. Now they take months.
    the 2 projects that i mentioned: d'weave n regent residences 1 bedder units were sold out on the vvip preview day itself..
    it doesnt even need days not to mention weeks..
    i am surprised too!

the 2 projects that i mentioned: d'weave n regent residences 1 bedder units were sold out on the vvip preview day itself..
    it doesnt even need days not to mention weeks..
    i am surprised too!
    There are many more MMs than these two outstanding ones. Many of them still sell well but slower as compared to 2 years+ back when I started looking at MMs

I believe the upcoming developments in Bedok and later Paya Lebar, will substantially bring up the prices of TK apartments, especially those near to Kembangan MRT, so there will be upside potential. Again, as I have mentioned before in various threads, those Lorongs G, H and maybe upto J and not further eastwards than perhaps half the length of the Lorongs (except G) - so not all of TK is similarly well-connected to MRT.

Example, the prices of Bedok Residences expected to be upwards of 1200-1500psf, these are 99LH and next to a very busy road and bus interchange. So, those staying near Kembangan MRT, these are just 1 MRT away, FH and most are in a nice, quiet, leafy neighbourhood will stand to benefit overall. These apartments are also easy to rent out as the expat community here is quite significant.

My 2x

the one at former Lion City Hotel is expected to be around $1600-$1800

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    I believe the upcoming developments in Bedok and later Paya Lebar, will substantially bring up the prices of TK apartments, especially those near to Kembangan MRT, so there will be upside potential. Again, as I have mentioned before in various threads, those Lorongs G, H and maybe upto J and not further eastwards than perhaps half the length of the Lorongs (except G) - so not all of TK is similarly well-connected to MRT.

Example, the prices of Bedok Residences expected to be upwards of 1200-1500psf, these are 99LH and next to a very busy road and bus interchange. So, those staying near Kembangan MRT, these are just 1 MRT away, FH and most are in a nice, quiet, leafy neighbourhood will stand to benefit overall. These apartments are also easy to rent out as the expat community here is quite significant.

My 2x

Sorry, should be westwards towards city... not eastwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    the one at former Lion City Hotel is expected to be around $1600-$1800
    Depends on when to launch? If next year, according to basic theory, it will be 50% discount, so $800- $900/psf? Even cheaper than DBR???

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Depends on when to launch? If next year, according to basic theory, it will be 50% discount, so $800- $900/psf? Even cheaper than DBR???
    Might as well pray for 4xxpsf haha

Might as well pray for 4xxpsf haha
    by the time u wait...it will escalate to 2k psf....don't wait

wah lay you very bullish leh! kekekeke

I think TK prices about 10% discount to Marine Parade area is "reasonable"... ... afterall it is just 5mins drive away...