Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will prices in TK drop?

Question Will prices in TK drop?

Hello brothers and sisters

I am a young executive interested in buying a small boutique apt in Telok Kurau. I like the area because I grew up here.

It is precisely I grew up here I saw the growth in the prices and it has been really quite a drastic rally ever since 2009 trough.

Devts are going for $1200psf and above, which really make me wonder if prices are at its peak?

I know some of you probably would tell me to shut up (especially if you are investor) but I am just looking for a place to stay (not renting). Hence I really hope prices in TK would cool down and probably correct soon so I can enter the market with more confidence....

So what's your outlook on TK small devts? Looking forward to hear your views. Thanks!

Subsales prob cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy

I am a young executive interested in buying a small boutique apt in Telok Kurau. I like the area because I grew up here.

It is precisely I grew up here I saw the growth in the prices and it has been really quite a drastic rally ever since 2009 trough.

Devts are going for $1200psf and above, which really make me wonder if prices are at its peak?

I know some of you probably would tell me to shut up (especially if you are investor) but I am just looking for a place to stay (not renting). Hence I really hope prices in TK would cool down and probably correct soon so I can enter the market with more confidence....

So what's your outlook on TK small devts? Looking forward to hear your views. Thanks!
    look for older resale 2bdr....may be able to find 9xxpsf.....gd luck

By and large, asking prices be it new or older apartments are still about 15 to 20 percent higher than the last transacted prices. It means that you have to bargain hard. Possibly, there are not many serious sellers right now.

wait for a while if u have the luxury of time

prcies are peak-ish
    and yes it will drop, but when and by how much no one knows ~

With a body like that you can earn tons as underwear model (CK eg) and afford one bedder in District 9 ba...

On a more serious note, prices unlikely to drop, since it is the ever hot D15 and a generally atas estate, plus the impending potential of future mrt...

However my views may be colored since i m vested there.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    With a body like that you can earn tons as underwear model (CK eg) and afford one bedder in District 9 ba...

On a more serious note, prices unlikely to drop, since it is the ever hot D15 and a generally atas estate, plus the impending potential of future mrt...

tk and joo chiat ppty px grow prolly the slowest in whole d15....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    tk and joo chiat ppty px grow prolly the slowest in whole d15....
    Oh ya... Guess the main drivers of D15 is meyer and amber areas...

Haha thanks mcmlxxv for thinking so highly of my "earning power"....did do some part time modeling in the past....the pay is shit lor

Sigh I will slog harder to buy a district 9 MM!

Haha thanks mcmlxxv for thinking so highly of my "earning power"....did do some part time modeling in the past....the pay is shit lor

Sigh I will slog harder to buy a district 9 MM!
    Modelling is not easy work... most of the time have to carry balls and do entertainment and the bargaining power for models very low...
    tell u what, but your TK before it goes higher next year. I bought one last Oct last year and within a year now it has appreciated close to 200k.

I'm not selling though, waiting to move in!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmillineum
    Modelling is not easy work... most of the time have to carry balls and do entertainment and the bargaining power for models very low...
    tell u what, but your TK before it goes higher next year. I bought one last Oct last year and within a year now it has appreciated close to 200k.

I'm not selling though, waiting to move in!!
    u mean espira suites? Where got appreciated 200k? U bot penthse or 2bdr isit? Penthse was lelong at 1kpsf.....jus checked sold at 938psf for last 2 Ph

u mean espira suites? Where got appreciated 200k? U bot penthse or 2bdr isit? Penthse was lelong at 1kpsf.....jus checked sold at 938psf for last 2 Ph
    erm not that one....

I think he meant those MMs issit? Those best for capital appreciation, but I believe there is a price ceiling for MMs in OCR areas because I think it is quite unimaginable to pay 800-900k for a MM now.

erm not that one....
    must reveal the project name if not lose ur credibility like basic....lol

must reveal the project name if not lose ur credibility like basic....lol
    erm, i'm not accountable to the devil...sorry

Just few days ago got a report that tracks performance of MM. D15 has the most number of budget MMs but yet lacklustre performance. Saturated with too many low budget MM developments.

This is one area where u have the largest concentration of MMs and PSF has been pushed up due to small size of the units. I dun think units can go smaller anymore. In short prices are peakish. There are only that many wannabes who wants cramped condo at HDB price.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Just few days ago got a report that tracks performance of MM. D15 has the most number of budget MMs but yet lacklustre performance. Saturated with too many low budget MM developments.

This is one area where u have the largest concentration of MMs and PSF has been pushed up due to small size of the units. I dun think units can go smaller anymore. In short prices are peakish. There are only that many wannabes who wants cramped condo at HDB price.
    Wild falcon r u saying I am wannabe?

It will drop but dunno when, maybe within 2yr, maybe longer...
    Developer r cheaper, than sub sale. .i think. .
    9xx psf unlikely... At least 1100 min..:you r not the one waiting for price Correct... many forumer also waiting...

MM increase 200k in 3mths onie 1 know lol

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    9xx psf unlikely... At least 1100 min..:you r not the one waiting for price Correct... many forumer also waiting...
    prices definitely will drop one day.....nobody argues about it

i actually feel tat our last qtr PPI will be negative oredi(-1-2%).....my 2cents lah.....

9xxpsf for resale units(normal 2-3bdr....non-MM) in TK i tink is possible....

You may not want to wait...knowing district 15 has one of the lowest price increase only means one thing...people will all rush in to buy D15 as it has the most potential to rise in price still!!

Agreed, let wait for the Correctn that we waiting,

prices definitely will drop one day.....nobody argues about it

i actually feel tat our last qtr PPI will be negative oredi(-1-2%).....my 2cents lah.....

9xxpsf for resale units(normal 2-3bdr....non-MM) in TK i tink is possible....

With all due respect, either you are the most bullish buyer
    Or you are an agent , or both

You may not want to wait...knowing district 15 has one of the lowest price increase only means one thing...people will all rush in to buy D15 as it has the most potential to rise in price still!!

With all due respect, either you are the most bullish buyer
    Or you are an agent , or both
    Price will correct if there is an economic catastrophe coming from Europe and US side...at this case property price will drop 5-10% the most. Thats all u can ever hope for. But should there be an economic recovery, which I expect to come fast after a slowdown, property price will jump 10-15%. So the shortfall will be more than made up by the upward trend in price.

Singapore is a tiny island...its not going to be a cheap place anymore. Even a HDB in Marine Parade already calling at $650 psf, so if you continue to dream on buying condos in the TK/Marine Parade for less than $1000 psf, you are practically an illogical person. Those years of 1998, 2004 where condos are selling at $600-700psf are gone. Its not coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon

Hahaha look whos talking ? What about these condos Aalto, Silversea, Meyerise etc. are they considered MMs as well ??? These condos have big sized units and some even selling above $2300 psf. Penthouses at Aalto are transacted above $2400psf and one at $3000 psf. A 4000 sq.ft condo at Meyerise was just sold for over $10 million. And a 4 bedroom 2200 sq.ft unit at Silversea was sold at $5 million plus early this year.

More than 20 units of Meyerise 3 bedroom and 4 bedrooms varying in sizes from 1800-2100 sq.ft many are transacted at above $2000 psf. Are these all MM units ?? Aalto developer sold more than 50 units of 3 and 4 bedroom units from $1700 - $2700 psf prices. And these units size are above $1500 sq.ft.

You are just making an uneducated guess. There are many MMs in River Valley/Orchard/Tanjong Pagar areas too. But you must consider the fact that the east side is also able to get buyers to pay above $2000psf for a unit of 1500 sq.ft and more is not an easy feat. Only District 9 and 10 can beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Those years of 1998, 2004 where condos are selling at $600-700psf are gone. Its not coming back.
    I got it even cheaper. $5xx psf for a FH in D15 in 2005.

Agreed, let wait for the Correctn that we waiting,
    Property price will always go up in the long term.

Miss the boat (a la aiya i should have...)

Or

Bite the bullet now (and chew on it, when still can swallow; a la cant beat them join them la)

Your choice...

Property price will always go up in the long term.

Miss the boat (a la aiya i should have...)

Or

Bite the bullet now (and chew on it, when still can swallow; a la cant beat them join them la)

Your choice...
    to me i am bullish about D15. so many good schs, seaside, young couples, creative class, proximity to town, peranakan flavours, parkway, classy condos....hiyo, those who cannot afford city will push themselves out to D15. hence constantly have demand one....

Cool

to me i am bullish about D15. so many good schs, seaside, young couples, creative class, proximity to town, peranakan flavours, parkway, classy condos....hiyo, those who cannot afford city will push themselves out to D15. hence constantly have demand one....
    instead of telok kurau,why not consider projects on mountbatten rd (ola,mountbatten suites) or haig rd (haig 162)..there are definitely more upside potential there than TK...