Thread: Kitchen with no windows

Default Kitchen with no windows

Hi,

For those open concept kitchens that comes without window and are part of the living room, would having a high suction power kitchen hood be able to soak up the cooking fumes from the stove for stir fry dishes ?

My architect friend was telling me its possible to make a duct out (and conceal it ) to channel the fumes away.

Quote Originally Posted by hl124273
    Hi,

For those open concept kitchens that comes without window and are part of the living room, would having a high suction power kitchen hood be able to soak up the cooking fumes from the stove for stir fry dishes ?

My architect friend was telling me its possible to make a duct out (and conceal it ) to channel the fumes away.
    bad idea...only light cooking recommended in such units. just use microwave or oven la, cause very soon your living room will become oily and yellow if you fry often.

Quote Originally Posted by hl124273
    Hi,

Wouldn't that be costly?
    It is like building a chimney.
    But i guess that's the only solution as the usual cooker hob will not be able to absorb the fumes and the oil.
    Or as Eastboy had said, just do simple cooking.

Actually I find the open concept kitchen not practical at all especially in our society where we cook spicy food and fry food on the stove (instead of in the oven).
    Imagine if you cook curry in the windowless kitchen, hahaha....don't know how long the aroma would linger!

I wouldn't recommend buying a unit with windowless kitchen if you fry or boil food. Even with large windows, my whole house already smells of food and I can smell my neighbours' food too. The oil and steam gets absorbed by fabrics, e.g. curtains, sofa.

Use a fryer for deep frying. Use "AMC" cookware for normal cooking. It will self-cooked by itself (with lid cover closed) There is an indication knob which will tell you when the food is cooked. It can cook vegetable, meat, chicken, soup, char siew, steam fish, chicken rice, "mee hoon" etc etc. Don't need to stir-fry it hard, only once a while have a light stir to mix all the ingredients together. Since the cover is closed while cooking, so most of the nutrients will be detained. Lesser oil needed also. Can also used to deep fry the food.

Anyway usually those singles or couples staying in mm tat comes wif open concept kitchen.....they wun do heavy cooking one la.....once in a while the most....vy tough to cook just for 1-2pax....all they nid is just microwave and oven

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Anyway usually those singles or couples staying in mm tat comes wif open concept kitchen.....they wun do heavy cooking one la.....once in a while the most....vy tough to cook just for 1-2pax....all they nid is just microwave and oven
    Ya, very troublesome to just cook for 2 people. Whenever my children said they are not coming back to eat, we will "ta pao". Lot of times taken if really want to cook, after cooking still have to mop the kitchen floor and do all the cleanup.

My friend even smarter, she said she doesn't know how to cook, what she does was throw all the ingredients into the pot + boiling water and that's it for the whole family meal. She has 2 daughters, one fat and one slim, and after so many years, she is still so slim and young, no change at all. Still looks like a 20+ young lady.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    My friend even smarter, she said she doesn't know how to cook, what she does was throw all the ingredients into the pot + boiling water and that's it for the whole family meal. She has 2 daughters, one fat and one slim, and after so many years, she is still so slim and young, no change at all. Still looks like a 20+ young lady.
    Learn to eat simple, live simple, will stay young and healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Learn to eat simple, live simple, will stay young and healthy...
    Yup, it is so true.
    Teresa Hsu eats very simply....I think that's one of the elixir to longevity.

Hey.....so the smaller the flat, the simpler the cooking, the longer the life span?

Good, so windowless kitchen MM units are the key to long and healthy life. Buy Buy Buy!

Hi, the amc cookware look interesting...how much roughly it cost...?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Use a fryer for deep frying. Use "AMC" cookware for normal cooking. It will self-cooked by itself (with lid cover closed) There is an indication knob which will tell you when the food is cooked. It can cook vegetable, meat, chicken, soup, char siew, steam fish, chicken rice, "mee hoon" etc etc. Don't need to stir-fry it hard, only once a while have a light stir to mix all the ingredients together. Since the cover is closed while cooking, so most of the nutrients will be detained. Lesser oil needed also. Can also used to deep fry the food.

Refer to similar thread in d15 on open kitchen,
    Seriously, i hate open kitchen.
    Even if studio, guess i am the old fashion kind...
    And store room (bomb shelter) is a must, for storage .
    Cant stand those crap advert that claim efficient layout by removing storerm

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Refer to similar thread in d15 on open kitchen,
    Seriously, i hate open kitchen.
    Even if studio, guess i am the old fashion kind...
    And store room (bomb shelter) is a must, for storage .
    Cant stand those crap advert that claim efficient layout by removing storerm
    look for 1bdr at One amber....they haf separate kitchen

very few newer 1bdr got separate kitchen liao.....unless u go for 2bdr lor but also more and more open concept....

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Hi, the amc cookware look interesting...how much roughly it cost...?
    AMC pressure cooker very good for cooking soup, my family has used it for ages and the service (when you want to change the cover, clean it up) is excellent...
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    look for 1bdr at One amber....they haf separate kitchen

very few newer 1bdr got separate kitchen liao.....unless u go for 2bdr lor but also more and more open concept....
    Is glass panel like those in WFI showroom considered separate kitchen? At least is better than no glass?

For storeroom ... wonder CDL's floor storage can be a replacement as I have never seen one before.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Thanks devilplatd for the info
    The cdl hidden compartments v small, probably just enough foq your golf bag

Thanks phantom,

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    AMC pressure cooker very good for cooking soup, my family has used it for ages and the service (when you want to change the cover, clean it up) is excellent...