Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Property Guru Newspaper

Default Property Guru Newspaper

Learnt from phantom_opera in another thread that property guru has a new newspaper.
    Just sharing.........

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...ly-dedicated-p

PropertyGuru launches Singapore's only dedicated property newspaper

Nov 11, 2011 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

PropertyGuru.com, Asia’s leading property portal, has launched the first and only dedicated property newspaper in Singapore - The PropertyGuru.

The PropertyGuru will provide fresh property news, reviews, insights, research and exclusive interviews focused on the Singapore and international property markets every fortnight. It will also feature properties for sale and rent and include large classified property advertisements, all in full colour.

“PropertyGuru’s aim has always been to help people make better and faster property decisions. As such, we continue to focus on innovation, transparency and customer service. This latest extension to the PropertyGuru family is part of this on-going commitment,” said Steve Melhuish, CEO, PropertyGuru Group.

The newspaper will be distributed on the second and fourth Fridays of each month, in the morning and evening to reach commuters on the way to work and home – in Singapore’s CBD and high footfall locations. It will also be available at various country clubs, coffee houses and serviced offices.

Meanwhile, an “easy to read” digital version will be available on the same day as the print version’s physical distribution. Featuring “read and flip” pages, the electronic copy will be promoted to over three million monthly users of the
    PropertyGuru.com.sg and CommercialGuru.com.sg sites. It can be downloaded from www.propertyguru.com.sg/newspaper.

“The PropertyGuru will be providing readers in Singapore with exclusive content to educate and inspire, and ultimately help them make more informed decisions. Print is facing many challenges around the world, but I believe that readers will gravitate towards quality editorial no matter what the medium,” said Andrew Batt, Regional Group Editor of The PropertyGuru.

The Friday distribution schedule has been specifically chosen to allow readers to plan their property-buying over the weekend. Potential property hunters usually unwind at the start of the weekend and begin collating data and information for the weekend’s prospecting activities.

To contact the journalist, you may send your message to
    [email protected]

You know property market is over-heating when so many people are jumping onto the bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    You know property market is over-heating when so many people are jumping onto the bandwagon.
    a price correction is good cos you stop pple from buying & multiple ppty owners can still make $ from rental while buy time to collect more bullets again from their rental gains.

when these new entrants have no vested interest, it will take a longer period for them to commit their next purchases which makes it easier for the season property guru here to find their gems.

50% ppty and 50% cash on hand is a good strategy.

The propertyguru portal is a great place to do your research. You can call up the agents to sound them out the sentiments of the sellers la.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    a price correction is good cos you stop pple from buying & multiple ppty owners can still make $ from rental while buy time to collect more bullets again from their rental gains.

when these new entrants have no vested interest, it will take a longer period for them to commit their next purchases which makes it easier for the season property guru here to find their gems.

50% ppty and 50% cash on hand is a good strategy.
    Provided you are loaded that 50% of your $$$ can land you a property or two...

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    The propertyguru portal is a great place to do your research. You can call up the agents to sound them out the sentiments of the sellers la.
    Propertyguru is muscling into the print media market traditionally dominated by SPH. Usually when there are too many players in a market, it means the market has peaked.

Propertyguru is muscling into the print media market traditionally dominated by SPH. Usually when there are too many players in a market, it means the market has peaked.
    sianz.....resale asking px seems to rise abit recently......i been waiting for more den a year to buy my landed.....saddddddddd

i thought you said next cycle then buy your landed?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    sianz.....resale asking px seems to rise abit recently......i been waiting for more den a year to buy my landed.....saddddddddd

The more MM sells, the faster landed properties disappear. So landed property prices should continue to creep up. It's either now or never.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i thought you said next cycle then buy your landed?
    ya lor...waiting for the down cycle now mah....lol

The more MM sells, the faster landed properties disappear. So landed property prices should continue to creep up. It's either now or never.
    wah ....u say market peaked and yet tell me to buy big big ticket item!

wah ....u say market peaked and yet tell me to buy big big ticket item!
    Peak for condos. I rarely talk about landed properties since this is a condo forum. Landed properties in Singapore is very safe from crashes.

Peak for condos. I rarely talk about landed properties since this is a condo forum. Landed properties in Singapore is very safe from crashes.
    not really based on historical data......drop as much as compared to condos during down cycle....

In 96-97, one can argue the same and say landed supply fixed and shrinking whereas condo oversupply...but reality bites

not really based on historical data......drop as much as compared to condos during down cycle....
    I believe landed won't crash in this new era. The developers are eyeing FH/999LH landed properties to top up their land banks now. There are also much more millionares in Singapore now to grab landed properties compared to the past. Central banks cannot print land but they can print dollars.

I believe landed won't crash in this new era. The developers are eyeing FH/999LH landed properties to top up their land banks now. There are also much more millionares in Singapore now to grab landed properties compared to the past. Central banks cannot print land but they can print dollars.
    if tats the case y landed px nvr shoot up during 1998-2005 when alot of inter terrace only cost 800k? U dun even nid to be a millionaire to buy a landed tat time

if tats the case y landed px nvr shoot up during 1998-2005 when alot of inter terrace only cost 800k? U dun even nid to be a millionaire to buy a landed tat time
    It is more useful to know what happened after 2005...

It is more useful to know what happened after 2005...
    influx of new singaporeans.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Provided you are loaded that 50% of your $$$ can land you a property or two...
    haha working towards that. hopefully the price drop (not crash) and can continue to shop for good bargains. heeee

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Frankly speaking, most millionaires are foreigners (this definition include PRs). Most citizens can't afford landed Because can't afford that absolute prices & those that can afford rather live in the 'sky' to be away from the mosquitoes etc. Is it any wonder that landed & hdb estates has highest cluster of malaria outbreak?
    To create affordable landed, developers must build landed MM properties <1300 sqft!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Frankly speaking, most millionaires are foreigners (this definition include PRs). Most citizens can't afford landed Because can't afford that absolute prices & those that can afford rather live in the 'sky' to be away from the mosquitoes etc. Is it any wonder that landed & hdb estates has highest cluster of malaria outbreak?
    To create affordable landed, developers must build landed MM properties <1300 sqft!
    I think you mean dengue fever instead of malaria?
    Can't recall any recent malaria outbreak in Singapore.
    Actually if you look at the recent cluster of dengue outbreak, it seems to be coming from the HDB flats.

http://www.dengue.gov.sg/

S/No.

Cluster Locality

No. of Cases

Yishun Ave 2 , Ave 9 / Yishun Ring Rd / Yishun St 20-22

Tampines Ave 9 / Tampines St 43, St 44

Yishun Ave 6 / Yishun St 22

Clementi Rd / Clementi West St 1

The source of the mosquitoes is construction sites near them.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Ya I live in D15 landed whole family down with dengue before, whole house flooded before, have snake, butterflies, lizards, cockroaches, rats, bats in my garden/backyard....got stung my scorpion before when I was young also had to go hospital....also in my teenage years my father and I bravely destroyed a beehive in the garden... Catch fish in long Kang beside my house lol

The joys of landed living!

Not true.

My parents had bad experience during the 04/05 downturn

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Not true.

Please look beyond 2005, when the immigration flood gate opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    Ya I live in D15 landed whole family down with dengue before, whole house flooded before, have snake, butterflies, lizards, cockroaches, rats, bats in my garden/backyard....got stung my scorpion before when I was young also had to go hospital....also in my teenage years my father and I bravely destroyed a beehive in the garden... Catch fish in long Kang beside my house lol

You might get bored in an MM.

Please look beyond 2005, when the immigration flood gate opened.
    Px more den doubled since 05,

To rise further from now, nid to convert more rich PR to citizens

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Not true.

Oh, was there a down turn then?
    All I remembered during that time was that property prices was stagnant for quite some time.

Px more den doubled since 05,

To rise further from now, nid to convert more rich PR to citizens
    And how to do that?
    Don't let PR buy landed at all......
    That would be a good pull factor especially for the PR's who have their spouses and children who are Singaporeans or those who are genuinely rooted to this country.
    If there is no pull factor, then these PR's would take their own sweet time before deciding to become citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy

You are making me scared even before I move into my landed which would be ready in a few years time.
    Will having a dog help to warn and protect you from the dangers of nature?

Default Dengue

Don't worry. I stay in HDB, and also got dengue 5 months ago. It was a good break, and KTPH is not bad. I stayed in Class A, you can control the curtains from the touch screen next to your bed - reminding me about the 5 star hotels in Japan.
    The bill was S$3.4K for a week without any special treatment. AIA Gold only paid S$0.4K due to deductibles. My company paid the rest via group insurance.

I've bought co-payment rider for my wife immediate after that. (She is not working.)

Thanks,
    Richard
    Last edited by richwang; 14-11-11 at 00:35.