Thread: What do you all think of strata houses built in the same development as condo?

Default What do you all think of strata houses built in the same development as condo?

Let me start:
    Condo facilities with larger site area as opposed to those developments with strata houses only. However have to pay lots more in management fees. Plus it seems like the rest of the condo blocks will stare down at your strata so no privacy...

Quote Originally Posted by TheIdler
    Let me start:
    Condo facilities with larger site area as opposed to those developments with strata houses only. However have to pay lots more in management fees. Plus it seems like the rest of the condo blocks will stare down at your strata so no privacy...
    actually if psf is almost half of the standard condo unit can consider.....i feeling regretted not looking into it for the vision project

I will nvr buy clustered housing....either townhse within condo or fh/999 landed....

I wonder if there are more rules to follow if within condo. Such as cannot have BBQ in own compound must be at condo pit? For landed can do whatever u want. condo rules can make one feel like prisoner

Strata titled houses has one major advantage over standalone landed when it comes to selling - foreigners allowed to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by masterkey
    Strata titled houses has one major advantage over standalone landed when it comes to selling - foreigners allowed to buy.
    i failed to foresee tat.....FEO power!

mabe can look out for vision subsale

99LH landed homes in sentosa, richie foreigner oredi dun mind the 99LH status.....oredi a big hint

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ale-the-vision

650psf got chance?

wat psf u guys tink can buy?

Has any developer done this before?
    1) Buy FH land.
    2) Build condo & house all in the same plot.

That way foreigners can own FH landed. no need special permission. Sure can sell high-high.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Has any developer done this before?
    1) Buy FH land.
    2) Build condo & house all in the same plot.

That way foreigners can own FH landed. no need special permission. Sure can sell high-high.
    developer sell high high.....den we 'eat' wat? hehehe

FEO townhse oredi eat foreigners till bones

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

and that is for 99year LH. Imagine for FH landed .
    FH landed and no need special permission - I also will buy it. . No need to bother about rental yield anymore. Just wait for capital gains.

anybody has any idea the proportion of strata landed to condo in a plot of land?

Freehold landed with strata title, same as condo. You will be part of a collective whole, and no independent exercise of ownership powers over your "landed", that's why foreigners can buy. But imagine if the foreigners we are talking about are PRCs, used to the idea of 70LH, singapore's 99LH to them is like FH to you.

FEO always future-price their projects, forcing buyers to set a more distant future for justifiable margins.

Was looking at the terraces in Duchess Crest, but their prices have appreciated to be at the same level as other FH landed just opposite.

Freehold landed with strata title, same as condo. You will be part of a collective whole, and no independent exercise of ownership powers over your "landed", that's why foreigners can buy. But imagine if the foreigners we are talking about are PRCs, used to the idea of 70LH, singapore's 99LH to them is like FH to you.

FEO always future-price their projects, forcing buyers to set a more distant future for justifiable margins.

Was looking at the terraces in Duchess Crest, but their prices have appreciated to be at the same level as other FH landed just opposite.
    But foreigners still cannot buy 100% strata-titled houses in a project without permission.
    If strata-titled mixed with condo, then no need permission.
    the attractive points are:
    1) FH landed.
    2) no need special permission.
    Developer sure make money from suckers like me.

I dont buy 99LH strata because it is LH. I am sure there are many foreigners who dont buy because of LH status. Lets not only consider PRCs shall we? For years, Indons have been the ones buying pricier properties.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Developer can even eat the bones, especially in a high density housing which is packed like sardines.

Prices of the townhouses in these condos are so high compared to landed ones, so why get townhouses when you can own a landed without having to pay maintenance, no need to ask permission for alteration works, no need to worry about issues in the AGM, etc.......

But foreigners still cannot buy 100% strata-titled houses in a project without permission.
    If strata-titled mixed with condo, then no need permission.
    the attractive points are:
    1) FH landed.
    2) no need special permission.
    Developer sure make money from suckers like me.

I dont buy 99LH strata because it is LH. I am sure there are many foreigners who dont buy because of LH status. Lets not only consider PRCs shall we? For years, Indons have been the ones buying pricier properties.
    You are right. Everyone places a premium on FH properties, including the developer.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Developer can even eat the bones, especially in a high density housing which is packed like sardines.

Prices of the townhouses in these condos are so high compared to landed ones, so why get townhouses when you can own a landed without having to pay maintenance, no need to ask permission for alteration works, no need to worry about issues in the AGM, etc.......
    that's because you are Singaporean, no restrictions whatsoever

that's because you are Singaporean, no restrictions whatsoever
    Isn't that an incentive to become a Singaporean?

Strata townhouses can get better rental than conventional landed? More facilities? Angmos like pools....

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    Strata townhouses can get better rental than conventional landed? More facilities? Angmos like pools....
    Then I'd rather get penthouse.
    Townhouse no privacy, got people on top looking at you.
    Rental in condos definitely better than landed.

Isn't that an incentive to become a Singaporean?
    For some foreigners, especially those that we want to retain, that is not enough as incentive.

I know of some high-flying PRs becoming citizens, so they can buy landed property....

No offense, I think 99LH landed are the worst investments. It is clearly for own stay and lifestyle only.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    No offense, I think 99LH landed are the worst investments. It is clearly for own stay and lifestyle only.
    I agree with you, Eastboy.
    If you buy one, then you have to be prepared to stay there for the rest of your life. May not even be able to pass to the next generation bcos of the lease.

Not so much lah. Even a small semiD in duchess avenue is calling at least 6m now. Duchess crest terrace at most 4m plus ?

Btw why not casabella town house ? FH and 4m plus also

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Not so much lah. Even a small semiD in duchess avenue is calling at least 6m now. Duchess crest terrace at most 4m plus ?

Can non PR foreigner buy strata landed at Casabella?

Quote Originally Posted by amk

Same level. 4+ M for terrace, 6M for SD.

duchess has a less clattered feel, and has second entrance direct from duchess ave. Anyway, no longer interested at current prices.