Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do people afford D15 HUGE landed...?

Default How do people afford D15 HUGE landed...?

just went for walk round my neighbourhood in frankel area dunbar/coldstream....i just cannot help wondering how rich people can be to stay in those huge type of landed property....how did they do it?....business/inheritance/gamble/smuggle....??....to me all this like a dream....

right now my only plan is to buy big sweep/toto........that also can only pay downpayment...sianz next time dont want to go walk...stay home watch tv better...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    just went for walk round my neighbourhood in frankel area dunbar/coldstream....i just cannot help wondering how rich people can be to stay in those huge type of landed property....how did they do it?....business/inheritance/gamble/smuggle....??....to me all this like a dream....

right now my only plan is to buy big sweep/toto........that also can only pay downpayment...sianz next time dont want to go walk...stay home watch tv better...
    Either they are old rich, or businessmen lah. Anyway there are so many millionaires in SG, frankel considered cheap liao compare to landed in D9 and 10

Got a friend who bought an old dilapidated bungalow on a big plot of land 6000sq ft in siglap in 2006 for very cheap price. Then he A&A the whole house from scratch. He did lots of research and got hold of the best deals eg the marble flooring- he bought the whole slab from italy and asked the contractor to slice it, etc. Apparently only spent 2 mil on the whole thing including the land. Now I think it is easily worth 5- 6mil?
    So we have to go back to the basics- it depends on when you buy.

Aiyo take a stroll along Victoria Park and Kingsmead road. Huge houses. And some I like the most: single storey only. And has a LONG drive way inside after the main gate. Big garden with mature trees.

It's all about timing....

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Got a friend who bought an old dilapidated bungalow on a big plot of land 6000sq ft in siglap in 2006 for very cheap price. Then he A&A the whole house from scratch. He did lots of research and got hold of the best deals eg the marble flooring- he bought the whole slab from italy and asked the contractor to slice it, etc. Apparently only spent 2 mil on the whole thing including the land. Now I think it is easily worth 5- 6mil?
    alamak you said back to "basic"....(pun intended??)

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Aiyo take a stroll along Victoria Park and Kingsmead road. Huge houses. And some I like the most: single storey only. And has a LONG drive way inside after the main gate. Big garden with mature trees.
    yup i been cruising those areas very eerie at night....feels like every night is seventh month...

2m in 2006 is a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    yup i been cruising those areas very eerie at night....feels like every night is seventh month...

ha ha now ur friend is rich and italy is bankrupt...

somehow many many people i spoke to made their best investments in 2006 that was the year the graphs for all kinds of property started their uptrend

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    Either they are old rich, or businessmen lah. Anyway there are so many millionaires in SG, frankel considered cheap liao compare to landed in D9 and 10
    Frankel landed also not the most atas in d15. Think those landed around Mountbatten, Meyer most expensive, and some are really huge

alamak you said back to "basic"....(pun intended??)
    LOL.....u got it right!
    It is basically true, isn't it?

ha ha now ur friend is rich and italy is bankrupt...
    Hahaha.....he can buy more marbles from them, i suppose, at a cheaper price now?

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    2m in 2006 is a lot of money.
    He really got balls to spend that kind of money at that time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Frankel landed also not the most atas in d15. Think those landed around Mountbatten, Meyer most expensive, and some are really huge
    good enough for me....

Dear brother radha08, maybe your humble brother here can enlighten you. In our modern era, most super rich are via inheritance. Li Ka Shing, Steve Jobs, are the few exceptions. How so ?

In any investment, you need the first seed money. That is, in accordance with the inflationary value, in 1970s, you needed about US$500,000. In the 1990s, you needed US$1million and currently I think you needed about US$2million. By this pot of gold, I mean that the investment capital outlay must be large enough to warrant a proper returns- whether in real estate, stocks or otherwise. Note that this is purely for investment purposes. A correctly invested capital could gave you a returns in the zone of 15% to 5000% depending on the risks involved.

For your humble brother here, I started my first seed money with the help of my family 20 years ago. That time, the amount involved was about S$700,000. But by now, it has ballooned many many times over liao.

So how if you do not have a RICH family like me? Fear not, the hope is in your next generation ! Groom and educate them well and surely, they will be the next Super Rich! Invest wisely now to get a proper return. Once their opportunity arrives, you can then provide the required seed money for your next generation!

Once you entered the class of the Super Rich, I assure you, your next next next generations will no longer be slaves or workhorses anymore. This is because, slaves work for money, while money works for the Rich.

Been there, seen it many times

Good Luck!

神龙股侠。

Agree. Those around Mountbatten, Goodman, Branksome, Walton, Meyer and Jalan Seaview are the BEST in D15. Better location than Frankel in terms of city and also parkway.

How to get it? To be honest, some of them are out of reach. This is one fact that we must face. Maybe you could tell me, for an upper-middle class family in Singapore, what is considered the maximum they can afford for a landed property? In my humble opinion, I think $4m is the ceiling; maybe $5m? Above this, only the true upper class would be in contention. Basically what I'm trying to say is, be happy with what you have. You will never be the best of the best, or the worst of the worst. There will always be someone above you, as well as someone below you. Don't compare

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503

Back to basic is ok.. but not to follow basic.. cos I don't wish to be another MISSED THE BOAT EXPERT

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Dear brother radha08, maybe your humble brother here can enlighten you. In our modern era, most super rich are via inheritance. Li Ka Shing, Steve Jobs, are the few exceptions. How so ?
    Dear BJ21, hope you can answer this question?

Why do Chinese do away with ancestral worship?
    it is because of our ancestors that we are who we are today. So if our ancestors strike it rich and we, the descendants benefit, shouldn't we pray to them?
    Similarly, if we give our descendants lots of wealth, shouldnt our descendants pray to us?

Hope you can use your 3rd eye to answer why ancestral worship is done away with.

Our family still follow ancestral worship. There is a big ancestral altar in our dining room, while Guanyin and Buddha altar is in the living room. Every 1st and 15th, my parents will offer fruits and flowers. For anniversary dates prayers, the dining table will be full of offerings like rice wine, tea, chicken, duck, peach bao and fruits.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Our family still follow ancestral worship. There is a big ancestral altar in our dining room, while Guanyin and Buddha altar is in the living room. Every 1st and 15th, my parents will offer fruits and flowers. For anniversary dates prayers, the dining table will be full of offerings like rice wine, tea, chicken, duck, peach bao and fruits.

hehehe, perhaps watch too many chinese serials.
    The emperor had to prostrate and repent his mistakes to the portraits of the previous emperors if he caused the dynasty to be in distress.
    I wonder whether we have ever regretted our actions/repented our mistakes to our ancestors....

HUH? These are not even GCBs.

In any investment, you need the first seed money. That is, in accordance with the inflationary value, in 1970s, you needed about US$500,000. In the 1990s, you needed US$1million and currently I think you needed about US$2million. By this pot of gold, I mean that the investment capital outlay must be large enough to warrant a proper returns- whether in real estate, stocks or otherwise. Note that this is purely for investment purposes. A correctly invested capital could gave you a returns in the zone of 15% to 5000% depending on the risks involved.

For your humble brother here, I started my first seed money with the help of my family 20 years ago. That time, the amount involved was about S$700,000. But by now, it has ballooned many many times over liao.

So how if you do not have a RICH family like me? Fear not, the hope is in your next generation ! Groom and educate them well and surely, they will be the next Super Rich! Invest wisely now to get a proper return. Once their opportunity arrives, you can then provide the required seed money for your next generation!

Once you entered the class of the Super Rich, I assure you, your next next next generations will no longer be slaves or workhorses anymore. This is because, slaves work for money, while money works for the Rich.

Good Luck!

神龙股侠。

Good Luck!

神龙股侠。
    Totally Agree !!!

I guess in life, everyone needs a "Push" or a "Helping Hand"
    I live by one belief "Never burn bridges"

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Dear BJ21, hope you can answer this question?

Why do Chinese do away with ancestral worship?
    it is because of our ancestors that we are who we are today. So if our ancestors strike it rich and we, the descendants benefit, shouldn't we pray to them?
    Similarly, if we give our descendants lots of wealth, shouldnt our descendants pray to us?

Hope you can use your 3rd eye to answer why ancestral worship is done away with.
    Well, I do not know if brother hopeful had watched the show "Inception" or not yet leh. But from my humble understanding is, it is better to remember our ancestors than to worship them.

Many Singaporean Chinese did not do away with the so called ancestor "worship" la...I think like what you said, we remember them through the act of offering joss sticks-BUT NOT asking for anything in return. Just like you would not ask anything in return from Buddha la. The act of holding the joss sticks is NOT worshipping hor. Many misunderstood the Buddhists because some religion use the joss sticks to worship the other gods la.

As long as you DO NOT ASK for anything from the other dimension, you will be safe la. Remember, ancestors or not, as long as you ASK for something from them, you are giving them an OPEN INVITATION INTO YOUR LIFE HOR! Otherwise, they have no passport into your life la much like the dream snatchers in the movie INCEPTION hor.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

Frankel and Siglap area is nice actually..
    very hilly area with nice city views.
    http://www.home-reviews.com/ninety7-siglap-by-aamer-architects

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Frankel and Siglap area is nice actually..
    very hilly area with nice city views.
    http://www.home-reviews.com/ninety7-...mer-architects
    I like the houses around Greenfield Drive. Nice big and well-spaced semi-ds facing a park.

Greenfield has the feel...

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    I like the houses around Greenfield Drive. Nice big and well-spaced semi-ds facing a park.

Good Luck!

神龙股侠。
    So brudder, if someone only has 1m now, what you suggest that do to grow the money, taking into consideration currently interest rate environment, volatility in stocks and high property prices?

Keep gu powder dry and wait?

I still prefer Meyer, Crescent road and Jalan Seaview areas. But yes those around Frankel are amazing too

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit

Good Luck!

神龙股侠。
    tks bro tonite i can sleep in peace then wake up in morning go to work let my boss knock my head 3 times.......cos i know many moons from now my great grand children will be knocking peoples head....