Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is FEO controlling prices in Katong?

Default Is FEO controlling prices in Katong?

The Shore (103 yrs LH) is selling at average $1300 psf, The Cape (FH Small Units) at average $1900 psf, Silversea (99 yrs LH with sea view) at $2000 psf and The Seawind at $1500 psf. Buyers will not have much of a choice if they want to invest in a sizable development in Katong.

Capitaland bought Marine Point for $1056 psf ppr and FEO got Amberglades for $1066 psf ppr. Amber Towers were sold at $1118 psf ppr to a Chinese developer. New developments for these sites will cost at least $1800 psf.

With the holding power of FEO, even with the coming downturn and over supply issues over the next 4 years, prices in Katong is likely to be firmed.

Can FEO hold on to prices in Katong even if prices in other districts decline?

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    The Shore (103 yrs LH) is selling at average $1300 psf, The Cape (FH Small Units) at average $1900 psf, Silversea (99 yrs LH with sea view) at $2000 psf and The Seawind at $1500 psf. Buyers will not have much of a choice if they want to invest in a sizable development in Katong.

Capitaland bought Marine Point for $1056 psf ppr and FEO got Amberglades for $1066 psf ppr. Amber Towers were sold at $1118 psf ppr to a Chinese developer. New developments for these sites will cost at least $1800 psf.

With the holding power of FEO, even with the coming downturn and over supply issues over the next 4 years, prices in Katong is likely to be firmed.

Can FEO hold on to prices in Katong even if prices in other districts decline?
    FEO sold at these prices because they have already priced in the ERL.

i can still remember how i used to frequent katong to play billiard during my younger days....
    ahhhh... how time flies....

There are ready supply of apartments in Katong and Marine parade that do not demand the FEO kind of prices, if one is not restricting himself to new launches only. In fact, you can get a less than 10yo condo right next to major shopping and fronting the sea at less than $1300 psf, and probably walking distance to an ERL station. Why are people willing to pay FEO prices....

Quote Originally Posted by masterkey
    There are ready supply of apartments in Katong and Marine parade that do not demand the FEO kind of prices, if one is not restricting himself to new launches only. In fact, you can get a less than 10yo condo right next to major shopping and fronting the sea at less than $1300 psf, and probably walking distance to an ERL station. Why are people willing to pay FEO prices....
    i always ask myself this question too whenever i put up my unit for sale....

y ppl flocking to showflats and so willingly paying for a premium for FLOUR and yet bargain till wana faint when they see my BREAD?!?! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

y ppl flocking to showflats and so willingly paying for a premium for FLOUR and yet bargain till wana faint when they see my BREAD?!?! LOL
    Blame it on the valuers.... why are the sky high launch prices supported?

Will the valuers give your BREAD the same valuation?

No valuation = no loan = no deal

People like flour coz they think its fresh and can be made into something better than bread. But it's all just bread....

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos
    i can still remember how i used to frequent katong to play billiard during my younger days....
    nowadays go katong can only play pocket billiards...

errr..brother u dun happen to go to the one in the basement of Katong Mall, do you?

You mean at Teh Ban Guan?...

How about bowling at Katong Shopping Centre?

112 katong mall soft opening liao......i tink 1st hr free parking!

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit

I go Katong Shopping Centre basement Hardware House to buy.... ... software on floppy disks...

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit

Tay Ban Guan.... I remember my mom used to go there to buy bread and kuei kuei.
    Btw, what is occupying its site now?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    that building is now in bad condition
    not occupied
    I missed their cakes....

oh yeah..how can we forget Teh Ban Guan ! Down there I think they put up some arcade machines along the alley remember ? And they also got a billiard room upstairs and nice big carpark behind. Miss the bread & cakes also la.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I go Katong Shopping Centre basement Hardware House to buy.... ... software on floppy disks...
    Yes ! Katong Shopping Center is still around ! Used to play my first bowling on the top floor la.

Katong is the last few remaining places in Singapore still retaining its old charm. Heng ARH !

You guys got go to the MAMA bookstores opp TKGS to buy 10 years series reference books for O levels before or not leh ?

Yesterday at the Tanjong Katong Post Office,I saw many angmo students walking out of TKGS ( Tanjong Katong Girls School ) leh....

112 katong mall soft opening liao......i tink 1st hr free parking!
    Thanks for the info, going to check it out

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    You guys got go to the MAMA bookstores opp TKGS to buy 10 years series reference books for O levels before or not leh ?
    Books for me was at Bras Basah, ie. along the shophouses of where Rendezvous Hotel now stands, opposite SMU. I thought that would be your hangout too as a Victorian.

Sorry I digressed, the thread was supposed to be about Katong.

Ya ya....got. TKGS,my alma mater!
    blackjack21trader, you were from TK tech?

Ya ya....got. TKGS,my alma mater!
    blackjack21trader, you were from TK tech?
    no lah,sister .. I am a Victorian ..I also hang out at howgozit's mentioned place at BBC . Katong, I went there go girl watching lor..hehehehe

no lah,sister .. I am a Victorian ..I also hang out at howgozit's mentioned place at BBC . Katong, I went there go girl watching lor..hehehehe
    Wah, Victoria school at that time quite far away from TKGS, you go all the way there..... ?

yo bro sama sama me also victorian the old one near jalan besar stadium...

Wah, Victoria school at that time quite far away from TKGS, you go all the way there..... ?
    when it comes to pus#y....man wll go to end of the world...

because its the HERD mentality have u seen those wildlife documentary on national geo...when one zebra jump into a river with crocodile all others will follow........but the smart zebra look for overhead bridge...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    yo bro sama sama me also victorian the old one near jalan besar stadium...
    Nil Sine Labore, fellow Victorian ! Me too at Jalan Besar one. You got use the fence hole that time to escape school or not leh? Hehehe en

Nil Sine Labore, fellow Victorian ! Me too at Jalan Besar one. You got use the fence hole that time to escape school or not leh? Hehehe en
    ha ha remember those were the good old days....nil sine labore means nothing without labore....

now looking back i think more apporopriate motto would be nil sine properto investo.....nothing without property investment.....

Yes ! Katong Shopping Center is still around ! Used to play my first bowling on the top floor la.
    Me use to bowl there quite frequently too. Pity that it's closed now.