Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

Smile

I am planning on living here. No intention to rent out.

I'm staying.
    Every area has its pros & cons - I like the central location, not everyone will feel the same but what's impt is we make it our home, a nice place we enjoy going back to - then it'll be the best condo in the world for us staying there.

Any kind agent can advise on eviction of tenant for non payment of rental after 7 days? Thank you.

based on standard tenancy agreement, theres a clause that stated u can charge interest if defaulted more than 7 days.

Yes, that is right. But if the tenant has no intention to pay at all but rather use the one month security deposit to offset the outstanding one month rental, I would rather evict the tenant straightaway. Thing is I have to wait 7 days to do that.

I'm staying too....

Default anyone got the keys yet?

Hi,

i will be staying there as well..

any bros actually got the keys yet? or at least already fix a date to get the keys?

Must pay first and then they wil call you to fix a date to collect keys.

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU
    Hi,

i will be staying there as well..

any bros actually got the keys yet? or at least already fix a date to get the keys?
    i will be collecting the keys on next tuesday

Hey King!

How did you manage to arrange to collect the keys so soon?

I contacted Ms Karol Lee at Novelty and she said that they had received my check for the maintenance fees but that they can't issue the keys until they received a check from Hong Leong Finance for further disbursement of the loan. They said they won't get this cheque till next tuesday and then have to wait for it to clear so probably end of next week! Damm!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robdavies
    Hey King!

How did you manage to arrange to collect the keys so soon?

I contacted Ms Karol Lee at Novelty and she said that they had received my check for the maintenance fees but that they can't issue the keys until they received a check from Hong Leong Finance for further disbursement of the loan. They said they won't get this cheque till next tuesday and then have to wait for it to clear so probably end of next week! Damm!!!
    i bought my unit under sub-sale i started to service my instalment since june08 my lawyer requested maybank to release the balance $ of the aforesaid progress payment on 10dec08 when my maintenance fee cheque cleared this morning i call ms lee for an appt

oh I see,

Must be the fact I am with Hong Leong Finance. Glad I am switching to Maybank soon!

Quite frustrated with the developer - customer service not that fantastic. My cheques cleared last Wed, the payment by Maybank went to them Friday 6pm in the form of Cashier's order. I called this morning at 9:35am, Karol Lee has not received anything from her Accounts dept so can't make any appt to collect keys.
    Seems that their Accounts dept don't work on Sat, they only process payment twice a day, at 9am & 5pm & she cannot call them in between, and they have to check to make sure Maybank's cashier's order is in order. She can't even tell me how long her Accounts will take, keep saying a few days because they have lots of units & many projects.
    Guess she is under lots of pressure cos sounded like she is breaking down (& I'm not even rude or nasty), I ask if I can speak to anyone else, she referred me to a voicemail.
    To think I get Maybank to expedite their processing so that I can collect my key before I fly off.
    Anybody collected keys and seen the condition, I surely don't want to collect keys last minute and fly off with defects on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover
    Quite frustrated with the developer - customer service not that fantastic...
    I know what you mean... called on Sat to speak to her and the person on the other line said Karol doesn't come in on Saturdays (unlike what's written in their TOP letter about their operating hours). All I wanted to know was an estimated date for the collection of keys as I had scheduled for the furniture to arrive on the 18th. All my cheques were cleared on Sat, so I called again this morning only to be told by her colleague that she's busy and will return my call. Poor Karol must be bombarded by calls this whole morning. But I really don't understand how they work, can't even give us a rough date, then how are we supposed to plan??

I made online application to SP Services to turn on water & electricity. Guess what ... was told the master water meter has not been installed so no water supply to my unit for now, developer found out the problem after giving out keys to several units last wk. SP Services told me they are working this out with PUB, developer plans to get it done only on Thu.
    Sigh! - frustrated.
    Suggest you guys open your utilities account early.

Fully furnished air-con master room in private apartment @Geylang Lorong 16. Autogate security and lift. 6th floor. Near to amenities and transport.

Lots of privacy. $750 & share utilities bill. No owner. No agent fees. Value for money. Immediate! Call 92390461 Brenda

Anyone collected the keys? How's the quality? any major defects?

I will be collecting mine tomorrow.

hi,

do post here n comment about the quality of the finishes after u have seen it.

Just collected my keys. The Novelty folks onsite are really friendly & customer oriented (guardhouse uncle very on which is good), so different from the back-office guys.
    Quality is good - flooring, cabinets, fittings are in good order, I only find several minor stuff which can be easily fixed. Didn't manage to check the piping as no water yet.
    I'm very happy with the place - very bright & windy.

And btw - I asked them about the water meter problem SP Services told me, they said the meters have been installed, just pending paperwork submission so that the relevant depts can update their computer systems.
    CHEERS!

No bad intention about this post but I passed by today at about 9pm and it seems that Lor 28 has more and more China street walkers. I suggest u all owners band together and lodge a report to the MP and the management committee about this problem.

In the past, those street walkers are very few only hiding behind the cars but recently they seems to be more daring standing along the road.

Your friendly neighbour.....

Please don't spoil my biz leh

Not spoiling your business but I hope you keep your business between lor 6 to lor 22.

As I also lives nearby, I also dun wish to see the activities spread.

MANY Singaporeans who bought property last year have ended up in a bind.

Following the financial turmoil, the property market took an about turn and some banks froze lending altogether. People would stand to lose a lot of money trying to sell in this declining market, a problem further compounded by 'flippers' who are stuck with properties they bought under the deferred payment scheme with every intention to dispose of them when prices went up before TOP.

While property prices can head north erratically during a boom, economic turmoil can also bring about a collapse of the property market with severe consequences for the economy, given the significant proportion that property values constitute in total wealth.

Many people are oblivious to affordability when buying a long-term asset, such as property, when prices skyrocket, and blindly jump into the market hoping to get a good bargain, or simply to make a windfall by flipping the unit.

Like the financial advisory and insurance industries, maybe it is time that the government and industry association implement a fact-finding process for potential home buyers.

Under the Financial Advisers Act/Financial Advisers Regulations, a fact-finding process is mandatory before any investment product can be sold to a consumer. The objective is to ensure consumers buy what they can afford, taking into account their needs and risk profile.

Buying a property involves substantial financial resources and for the average person, probably a life time of commitment to service the loans. Many could end up enslaved by their properties.

They could face significant financial losses when their outstanding mortgage loans far exceed the market value of their property. It is high time a more rigorous regulatory regime be introduced to help in their financial decisions.

Ee Teck Siew
    China

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza88
    No bad intention about this post but I passed by today at about 9pm and it seems that Lor 28 has more and more China street walkers. I suggest u all owners band together and lodge a report to the MP and the management committee about this problem.

In the past, those street walkers are very few only hiding behind the cars but recently they seems to be more daring standing along the road.

Your friendly neighbour.....
    The joo chiat community has been banding together with their MPs to get rid of the vice in that area for quite a few years and still.... Nothing has changed much....

For Geylang which is a designated area for all kinds of vice.... Looks like you guys will have a impossible battle....

Lastly.... Our government is having a open door policy for foreigners so that to boost our popullation to the target of 6 million.... Guess who are the biggest majority in Singapore? China nationals....

Quote Originally Posted by hayata1972
    The joo chiat community has been banding together with their MPs to get rid of the vice in that area for quite a few years and still.... Nothing has changed much....

For Geylang which is a designated area for all kinds of vice.... Looks like you guys will have a impossible battle....

Lastly.... Our government is having a open door policy for foreigners so that to boost our popullation to the target of 6 million.... Guess who are the biggest majority in Singapore? China nationals....
    I'm also living nearby and share the same concern on increasing mei-mei there... perhaps the residents should band together to weed out..like talking/writing to MP, get security to call anti-vice police, brighten up the street, take pictures on passing-by car plates, or write to ST forum, some pressure etc...

Quote Originally Posted by jlim2007
    I'm also living nearby and share the same concern on increasing mei-mei there... perhaps the residents should band together to weed out..like talking/writing to MP, get security to call anti-vice police, brighten up the street, take pictures on passing-by car plates, or write to ST forum, some pressure etc...
    Like i was saying yesterday, Joo chiat residents have been fighting the vice for so long already, what is the outcome? So much media reports, MP intervention, police raids, on and on..... Not much change.

Geylang is a designated area for Prostitution. Already so many foreign prostitutes are coming into singapore, now with the global downturn... Even more prostitutes will turn to Singapore as jobs are getting rare back home.

Two things have to change for your area to be cleaned up.

Supply and demand.... If there is no demand for prostitution, there will be no prostitutes.

Immigration laws.... If Old man Lee drops the 6 million population tag and open door policy for foreigners.

Man needs food and sex. That's a truism and fact of life. Everbody says not in my backyard. Then where?

i collected keys few days ago and checked the apartment. many touch ups need to be done. a few incomplete work too. quite disappointing - now need to wait for them to fix it before can get my own renovation work done. not sure if can celebrate new year in here.

anyone else has this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by AAAAA
    i collected keys few days ago and checked the apartment. many touch ups need to be done. a few incomplete work too. quite disappointing - now need to wait for them to fix it before can get my own renovation work done. not sure if can celebrate new year in here.

anyone else has this problem?
    Collected my keys too and had the usual problems associated with occupying a new home. There were several defects although not serious. The developer came today and said that the defects will be corrected within 10 days.

So renovation cannot take place. But I am still moving ahead to install the lightings and curtains. Still aiming to move in by new year

Quote Originally Posted by gerberas
    Collected my keys too and had the usual problems associated with occupying a new home. There were several defects although not serious. The developer came today and said that the defects will be corrected within 10 days.

So renovation cannot take place. But I am still moving ahead to install the lightings and curtains. Still aiming to move in by new year
    I'm also rushing to do the renovation to move in before CNY. Found several defects, nothing major, developer has fixed some.

But 2 concerns :
    - I brought an LCD TV over to test the SCV points - no reception, not even the Free-to-Air channels. Reported to developer - they say must check. Anybody else faces this problem?
    - And goodness - the DTZ Mgt office keeps mentioning "the rules" - 14 days for renovation permit (and mind you just standard work like powerpoint relocation, Door gate ...), 7 days notice for bulk delivery.
    Anybody else in a hurry to start renovation but waiting for the stupid permit?
    My prev 2 places - 1st one revert within 24 hr with permit, 2nd one took 3 days but only becos I'm hacking wall which requires Architect certification. Here I am asking to relocate & add powerpoints with surface trunking, no hacking .. - routine work - just paperwork process - these guys are saying "you submit only mid last week, we take 14 days".