Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 38131823242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Properties in Geylang Area: Potential?

if you got young daughters, not very good to live in geylang. if you have only sons, not an issue

[QUOTE=irisng]
    Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    $10,000 is just an example. Not sure how much you will really need for the kind of lifestyle you want to have. It is never too late. One will have to plan for it. There is a saying that: Man is selfish. You can strategize like sell before TOP if price is right. Stay in condo and lease out EC if rental yield is better than condo rental yield. All of us started like you with one property.

Thank you so much but some said that Geylang is not a place for a family to stay, what do you think?

[quote=Regulators]if you got young daughters, not very good to live in geylang. if you have only sons, not an issue

Oh, I have a son and a daughter in their early 20s.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

An issue also because the son will think touch here & there & visiting prostitute is very normal.

[QUOTE=Regulators]if you got young daughters, not very good to live in geylang. if you have only sons, not an issue

Guess main action is in Lorong 20 downwards. May have to ask Geylang OKT. IMO, I will sell when price is right even before TOP. This is still a distance from the paya lebar hub. Places like this will be hit hard when downturn comes. Gather information and make your own judgement. [QUOTE=irisng]
    It depends how far from epic centre.

My property is in Lorong 28.

[quote=teddybear]An issue also because the son will think touch here & there & visiting prostitute is very normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if you got young daughters, not very good to live in geylang. if you have only sons, not an issue
    Headache ah.....

[quote=DC33_2008]Guess main action is in Lorong 20 downwards. May have to ask Geylang OKT. IMO, I will sell when price is right even before TOP. This is still a distance from the paya lebar hub. Places like this will be hit hard when downturns come.

The problem is I'm affected by the new rules on the seller stamp fee that I can only sell after 4 years in order to avoid the stamp fee payt.

Oh! I see! Just wait and monitor the price. [QUOTE=irisng]
    Guess main action is in Lorong 20 downwards. May have to ask Geylang OKT. IMO, I will sell when price is right even before TOP. This is still a distance from the paya lebar hub. Places like this will be hit hard when downturns come.

The problem is I'm affected by the new rules on the seller stamp fee that I can only sell after 4 years in order to avoid the stamp fee payt.

[QUOTE=irisng]
    Guess main action is in Lorong 20 downwards. May have to ask Geylang OKT. IMO, I will sell when price is right even before TOP. This is still a distance from the paya lebar hub. Places like this will be hit hard when downturns come.

ya lor, no point to worry now la, just hold it for 4 years then see how lor. Go worry other things else instead!

[quote=irisng]
    It depends how far from epic centre.

My property is in Lorong 28.
    Not to worry, mine lor 14

[quote=kaizhe]
    Quote Originally Posted by irisng

ya lor, no point to worry now la, just hold it for 4 years then see how lor. Go worry other things else instead!
    You are right, wait till the TOP or after 4 years and see how is the market condition then decide. Cheers!

30 Apr 10~11pm, go have supper with ur hubby at that bean curd & yu tiao store at corner of Lor 27A. After that have a slow drive around lor 28 & get some real feel.

[quote=fafalulu]
    Quote Originally Posted by irisng

Not to worry, mine lor 14
    Oh, I have "kaki".

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    30 Apr 10~11pm, go have supper with ur hubby at that bean curd & yu tiao store at corner of Lor 27A. After that have a slow drive around lor 28 & get some real feel.
    Not free on that day, going to KL. Don't want to think about it anymore.

Set goals for you and your family and not for your company. For eg., you are earning $10000/mth and if your net rental income from fully paid-up properties (less tax and maintenance, etc) or mortgage properties (less maintenance fee, tax, interest from mortgage, etc) is $10,000 or more, you do not need your job and can relax to do some part-time job or help the less fortunate. Otherwise, if you help your company to make millions, you will only get a fraction of it. Worst still, you have to work harder to help them to make more subsequent years. When recession comes, hardworking ones may be axed becos they are not smart enough to curry favour the boss. I meant you have a choice when you have options.
    Points to Ponder

The philosophy professor stood before his class with some items on
    the table in front of him. When the class began, he picked up a very
    large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks
    about 2" in diameter.

He then asked the students if the jar was full.

They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into
    the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled
    into the open areas between the rocks.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They agreed it was.

The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of
    course, the sand filled up everything else.

He then asked once more if the jar was full.

The students responded with an unanimous yes.

The professor then produced two cans of beer from under the table and
    proceeded to pour their entire contents into the jar, effectively
    filling the empty space between the grains of sand.

The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor as the laughter subsided, "I want you to
    recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the
    important things -- your family, your spouse, your health, your
    children -- things that if everything else was lost and only they
    remained, your life would still be full.

"The pebbles are the other things that matter, like your job, your
    house, your car. The sand is everything else, the small stuff.

"If you put the sand into the jar first there is no room for the
    pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all
    your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for
    the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things
    that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take
    time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out dancing. There
    will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner
    party and fix the disposal.

"Take care of the rocks first, the things that really matter. Set
    your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and asked, "What does the beer represent?"

The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you
    that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a
    couple of beers."

Thanks Geylang OKT.
    Love it!
    Thanks for sharing!

How about the air?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Points to Ponder

The philosophy professor stood before his class with some items on
    the table in front of him. When the class began, he picked up a very
    large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks
    about 2" in diameter.

He then asked the students if the jar was full.

They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into
    the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled
    into the open areas between the rocks.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They agreed it was.

The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of
    course, the sand filled up everything else.

He then asked once more if the jar was full.

The students responded with an unanimous yes.

The professor then produced two cans of beer from under the table and
    proceeded to pour their entire contents into the jar, effectively
    filling the empty space between the grains of sand.

The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor as the laughter subsided, "I want you to
    recognize that this jar represents your life. The rocks are the
    important things -- your family, your spouse, your health, your
    children -- things that if everything else was lost and only they
    remained, your life would still be full.

"The pebbles are the other things that matter, like your job, your
    house, your car. The sand is everything else, the small stuff.

"If you put the sand into the jar first there is no room for the
    pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all
    your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for
    the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things
    that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take
    time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out dancing. There
    will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner
    party and fix the disposal.

"Take care of the rocks first, the things that really matter. Set
    your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and asked, "What does the beer represent?"

The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you
    that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a
    couple of beers."

[quote=DC33_2008]Set goals for you and your family and not for your company. For eg., you are earning $10000/mth and if your net rental income from fully paid-up properties (less tax and maintenance, etc) or mortgage properties (less maintenance fee, tax, interest from mortgage, etc) is $10,000 or more, you do not need your job and can relax to do some part-time job or help the less fortunate. Otherwise, if you help your company to make millions, you will only get a fraction of it. Worst still, you have to work harder to help them to make more subsequent years. When recession comes, hardworking ones may be axed becos they are not smart enough to curry favour the boss. I meant you have a choice when you have options.

these are words coming out fr a wise man indeed

[quote=Lovelle]
    Set goals for you and your family and not for your company. For eg., you are earning $10000/mth and if your net rental income from fully paid-up properties (less tax and maintenance, etc) or mortgage properties (less maintenance fee, tax, interest from mortgage, etc) is $10,000 or more, you do not need your job and can relax to do some part-time job or help the less fortunate. Otherwise, if you help your company to make millions, you will only get a fraction of it. Worst still, you have to work harder to help them to make more subsequent years. When recession comes, hardworking ones may be axed becos they are not smart enough to curry favour the boss. I meant you have a choice when you have options.

these are words coming out fr a wise man indeed
    in another forum....my quotation is:work hard for ur coy but work much harder for urself

It depends at which stage the person is in. One still has to work hard in the company to have salary to pay for the monthly instalment of the home loan (rent cannot cover instalment) or can save it for partial capital repayment (rent can cover instalment) when interest goes up. [quote=devilplate]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle

in another forum....my quotation is:work hard for ur coy but work much harder for urself

my quotation would be, you don't want to work your life off....taken fr an Oz fren..

Default Paya Lebar Central

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11200

The details of the land parcel bid recently....

Published April 22, 2011

LKH consortium tops Paya Lebar land bids

It bids $585.6m or $872 psf ppr for 99-year leasehold commercial plot, pipping nine other offers

By UMA SHANKARI

A CONSORTIUM led by Low Keng Huat (Singapore) beat nine other offers - including those from heavyweights such as CapitaLand, Far East Organization and Hong Leong Group - with its top bid for a commercial land parcel in Paya Lebar Central.

Low Keng Huat, together with partners Guthrie Properties and Sun Venture, offered $585.6 million or $872 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) for the 99-year leasehold plot at the close of the state tender yesterday.

Low Keng Huat, which holds the majority stake in the consortium, said it intends to build an 'iconic' development which will appeal to end-users on the site.

The company is keen on the site as it is next to Paya Lebar MRT station and will benefit from the government's plan to develop Paya Lebar Central into a regional centre, it said.

The developers have to set aside at least 80 per cent of the total gross floor area (GFA) of 671,450 sq ft for office use. The remaining 20 per cent will be retail space, Low Keng Huat added.

The consortium's bid was some 12 per cent above the second highest bid, which was from Hong Leong Group. Hong Leong offered $521 million or $776 psf ppr.

The top bid was also 76 per cent higher than the lowest bid, which was from Frasers Centrepoint and the ARA Asia Dragon Fund. The partners offered $332 million or $494 psf ppr.

Other bidders included Keppel Land and Temasek Holdings' property arm Mapletree Investments.

Analysts predicted a top bid in the range of $500-600 psf ppr for the site when the tender was launched in January 2011.

Cushman & Wakefield managing director Donald Han said yesterday that the top bid 'seems aggressive'. But he pointed out that the outlook for the office market has picked up since the site was launched for sale three months ago.

The bullish bids were underpinned by the demand for more affordable office space outside the central business district (CBD), which investors are trying to capitalise on, said Credo Real Estate executive director Ong Teck Hui.

'Between 1992 and 2010, the growth in supply of office space has been strongest in the fringe area (a growth of 135 per cent), even higher than downtown core (where there was growth of 81 per cent), and this reflects the build-up in response to demand for more affordable office space outside CBD,' said Mr Ong.

Analysts noted that if the site is developed into a quality commercial development, it will boost the government's objective of growing Paya Lebar Central into a regional centre. This site is the first plot the government has offered for sale in the area. The strong demand from developers means that the government is likely to release more sites in Paya Lebar Central in the second half of this year, Mr Han added.

The government's vision is for Paya Lebar Central to become a bustling commercial centre, with a mix of office, retail, hotel and public spaces. The precinct has about 12 hectares of land available for development and a potential commercial floor space of more than five million sq ft in total.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizhe
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11200

The details of the land parcel bid recently....

Published April 22, 2011

LKH consortium tops Paya Lebar land bids

It bids $585.6m or $872 psf ppr for 99-year leasehold commercial plot, pipping nine other offers

By UMA SHANKARI

A CONSORTIUM led by Low Keng Huat (Singapore) beat nine other offers - including those from heavyweights such as CapitaLand, Far East Organization and Hong Leong Group - with its top bid for a commercial land parcel in Paya Lebar Central.

Low Keng Huat, together with partners Guthrie Properties and Sun Venture, offered $585.6 million or $872 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) for the 99-year leasehold plot at the close of the state tender yesterday.

Low Keng Huat, which holds the majority stake in the consortium, said it intends to build an 'iconic' development which will appeal to end-users on the site.

The company is keen on the site as it is next to Paya Lebar MRT station and will benefit from the government's plan to develop Paya Lebar Central into a regional centre, it said.

The developers have to set aside at least 80 per cent of the total gross floor area (GFA) of 671,450 sq ft for office use. The remaining 20 per cent will be retail space, Low Keng Huat added.

The consortium's bid was some 12 per cent above the second highest bid, which was from Hong Leong Group. Hong Leong offered $521 million or $776 psf ppr.

The top bid was also 76 per cent higher than the lowest bid, which was from Frasers Centrepoint and the ARA Asia Dragon Fund. The partners offered $332 million or $494 psf ppr.

Other bidders included Keppel Land and Temasek Holdings' property arm Mapletree Investments.

Analysts predicted a top bid in the range of $500-600 psf ppr for the site when the tender was launched in January 2011.

Cushman & Wakefield managing director Donald Han said yesterday that the top bid 'seems aggressive'. But he pointed out that the outlook for the office market has picked up since the site was launched for sale three months ago.

The bullish bids were underpinned by the demand for more affordable office space outside the central business district (CBD), which investors are trying to capitalise on, said Credo Real Estate executive director Ong Teck Hui.

'Between 1992 and 2010, the growth in supply of office space has been strongest in the fringe area (a growth of 135 per cent), even higher than downtown core (where there was growth of 81 per cent), and this reflects the build-up in response to demand for more affordable office space outside CBD,' said Mr Ong.

Analysts noted that if the site is developed into a quality commercial development, it will boost the government's objective of growing Paya Lebar Central into a regional centre. This site is the first plot the government has offered for sale in the area. The strong demand from developers means that the government is likely to release more sites in Paya Lebar Central in the second half of this year, Mr Han added.

The government's vision is for Paya Lebar Central to become a bustling commercial centre, with a mix of office, retail, hotel and public spaces. The precinct has about 12 hectares of land available for development and a potential commercial floor space of more than five million sq ft in total.
    Yeah! so govt has taken the action now. Wonder when will the govt take action on the red-light area. There are rumours saying that it might be relocated to Kovan but some says to Kranji, but how far is it true? I'm sure that most of the Geylang residents are very concerned about this issue as it is not safe for a single woman to come back late in the night. Almost similar question was raised in another forum.

Quote Originally Posted by sing
    Yeah! so govt has taken the action now. Wonder when will the govt take action on the red-light area. There are rumours saying that it might be relocated to Kovan but some says to Kranji, but how far is it true? I'm sure that most of the Geylang residents are very concerned about this issue as it is not safe for a single woman to come back late in the night. Almost similar question was raised in another forum.
    some say shift to JB

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    some say shift to JB
    JB? Is it possible?

which forum u refer to? and wat relationship u have with our big sis irisng...? u are her daughter/son?.......

slowly it will be moved out but it will take some times...wat i know there is a hotel in geylang going to be demolished and new residential project will be built up there...at least this is a good news, maybe after sometimes more n more hotel going to be transformed into residential site?

anyway, the tender is confirmed, it is awarded to the highest bid siong feng with $872psf....can u imagine when the project completed, how much rental can be fetched?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2011/pr11-49.html
    Last edited by kaizhe; 27-04-11 at 14:25.

buy waterbank better(1 stop to paya lebar) ....geylang will always hf the bad reputation.....LOL

ironically

it is the safest place for any woman to be walking around in the night

firstly its always crowded
    secondly ..they know they have to pay ... so rape is almost zero

Quote Originally Posted by kaizhe
    which forum u refer to? and wat relationship u have with our big sis irisng...? u are her daughter/son?.......
    I'm neither her daughter nor her son. I got the question from the following forum.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/quest...eral-questions