Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nautical (D27, 99 years LH, MCC Land (Singapore) Pte Ltd)

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    My guess for cr yes.. Minimum 650 psf for big pes units. Average 800 to 850 psf. Max 1000 psf (unlikely to hit tat unless mm,s)

For the one next to it, it depends on market sentiments then. Likely yes but if new or extreme cooling measures introduced. Gd bless.
    my take is:
    if canberra residence launch at 850~950psf range, not many takers will bite.
    next plot of land beside CR will be affected. developer will use CR sale as guide and will not bid high knowing the poor response
    CR interested buyers should not rush in to buy. can wait n see response. if poor response, maybe can get a better deal on the next plot of land.

however if the take up rate is good......good luck to buyers and i gonna give this a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Canberra Residences has 320 units - an ok size.
    Those facing the road and inwards get an unblocked view.
    Despite the price I won't be surprised if this sells well - Lakefront past 1K psf did well due to marketing of the hidden potential and with simpang plans etc some may bite - somemore it's 200psf at least lower than LR.

For me, I'll eye the development next to it - I'll rather have the shopping mall at my doorstep and walk extra 1min to MRT

But it may launch then at 1K psf???
    read below comments by MBT. better don bet on Simpang town. another 20 years maybe..........

TENGAH and Simpang might be the next townships to be developed, Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan said yesterday.
    ‘Flat buyers need not fear that there are not enough flats,’ Mr Mah said. ‘When Punggol is fully built up, we will consider building in new areas such as Tengah and Simpang.’
    The two areas – Simpang in the north-east, and Tengah in the west – were fielded as potential development sites as early as the 1990s.
    Simpang town first made its appearance on the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s 1991 Concept Plan, where it was mentioned as one of the next possible housing estates in the same breath as Punggol, Sembawang, and Sengkang.
    Simpang town is located on the coast, bounded by the Strait of Johor to the north, Sembawang town to the west, Yishun town to the south and the mouth of the former Sungei Seletar to the east.
    In the URA’s Simpang development guide plan, the area was meant to be a waterfront town, featuring waterfront homes and sea sports facilities.
    There were even plans for a light rail system through the area.
    These grand plans were evidently shelved, however, as the area remains a mixture of forest and swamp. The Simpang training grounds were at one point in use by the Singapore Armed Forces artillery as a training ground.
    There have been fewer designs on the area at Tengah – bounded by Brickland Road, the KJE, PIE and Bukit Batok Road.
    Today, the forested piece of land remains an excellent source of wild durians.
    However, a spokesman for the Ministry of National Development stressed that there are no concrete plans to develop the areas yet. He stressed that Mr Mah highlighted the two areas only to demonstrate the adequacy of housing space.
    ‘(The) towns will only be developed at the appropriate time when there is sufficient demand,’ said a spokesman for HDB. ‘There was no prior commitment to develop both towns.
    Source: Straits Times, 6 Mar 2010

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh
    I do not currently stay near any MRT and drive daily.
    But look at the roads/ERP/COE situation - can only get worse.
    Like I really want to go to Centrepoint or Ngee Ann City but no way am I going to try driving there during this festive season as it is not worth the hassle.
    So if MRT on my doorstep then it helps.
    I use an umbrella to nudge the aunties out of my way...
    When I go out for leisure, I take into account the quality of the journey too. The destination is not the end of it. Compare to rushing for the train and squeezing with so many people in the MRT, I would rather stroll to my car, enjoy the scenery and conversation with my family in peace. With a car, you can also go to places that are normally not accessible by many people and get better shopping experience and price compare to Orchard Road. Our MRT is over-rated...

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    read below comments by MBT. better don bet on Simpang town. another 20 years maybe..........

TENGAH and Simpang might be the next townships to be developed, Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan said yesterday.
    ‘Flat buyers need not fear that there are not enough flats,’ Mr Mah said. ‘When Punggol is fully built up, we will consider building in new areas such as Tengah and Simpang.’
    The two areas – Simpang in the north-east, and Tengah in the west – were fielded as potential development sites as early as the 1990s.
    Simpang town first made its appearance on the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s 1991 Concept Plan, where it was mentioned as one of the next possible housing estates in the same breath as Punggol, Sembawang, and Sengkang.
    Simpang town is located on the coast, bounded by the Strait of Johor to the north, Sembawang town to the west, Yishun town to the south and the mouth of the former Sungei Seletar to the east.
    In the URA’s Simpang development guide plan, the area was meant to be a waterfront town, featuring waterfront homes and sea sports facilities.
    There were even plans for a light rail system through the area.
    These grand plans were evidently shelved, however, as the area remains a mixture of forest and swamp. The Simpang training grounds were at one point in use by the Singapore Armed Forces artillery as a training ground.
    There have been fewer designs on the area at Tengah – bounded by Brickland Road, the KJE, PIE and Bukit Batok Road.
    Today, the forested piece of land remains an excellent source of wild durians.
    However, a spokesman for the Ministry of National Development stressed that there are no concrete plans to develop the areas yet. He stressed that Mr Mah highlighted the two areas only to demonstrate the adequacy of housing space.
    ‘(The) towns will only be developed at the appropriate time when there is sufficient demand,’ said a spokesman for HDB. ‘There was no prior commitment to develop both towns.
    Source: Straits Times, 6 Mar 2010
    I'm quite skeptical of having water sports to the north, as the exchange with fresh sea water is not good and there are many (JB) factories and (SG) sewage treatment works discharging (treated) wastes directly into the water. Due to the geography, the under-current is also very strong. Quite dangerous in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    my take is:
    if canberra residence launch at 850~950psf range, not many takers will bite.
    next plot of land beside CR will be affected. developer will use CR sale as guide and will not bid high knowing the poor response
    CR interested buyers should not rush in to buy. can wait n see response. if poor response, maybe can get a better deal on the next plot of land.

however if the take up rate is good......good luck to buyers and i gonna give this a miss.
    now there is a spoilt of choices in this area. I believe potential buyers are very sensitive to prices at the current market situation. Yes do not rush.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    When I go out for leisure, I take into account the quality of the journey too. The destination is not the end of it. Compare to rushing for the train and squeezing with so many people in the MRT, I would rather stroll to my car, enjoy the scenery and conversation with my family in peace. With a car, you can also go to places that are normally not accessible by many people and get better shopping experience and price compare to Orchard Road. Our MRT is over-rated...
    How about having enough covered car park lots to park your 2nd car and the condo is just within 2 min work to MRT station and supermarket?

I'm quite skeptical of having water sports to the north, as the exchange with fresh sea water is not good and there are many (JB) factories and (SG) sewage treatment works discharging (treated) wastes directly into the water. Due to the geography, the under-current is also very strong. Quite dangerous in my opinion.
    when our immigration check point was built, the malaysian counter part immediately embarked on the upgrading of their check point. I am not surprise that the government will upgrade and improve the coastline in the north, in particular the Woodlands areas but not Simpang Town.

MRT not over-rated.....

Its bcoz our Car DAMN EXXXXXX

many expats got a shocked when they noe a nissan sunny cost as much as BM 5series bck home

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    How about having enough covered car park lots to park your 2nd car and the condo is just within 2 min work to MRT station and supermarket?
    feel happy for u....

when our immigration check point was built, the malaysian counter part immediately embarked on the upgrading of their check point. I am not surprise that the government will upgrade and improve the coastline in the north, in particular the Woodlands areas but not Simpang Town.
    simpang... long long time away... maybe even after jurong lake district is up.

punggol done
    tampines done
    jurong lake done...
    then maybe its simpang... hahaa.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    feel happy for u....
    Thanks so much! I was quite sad to leave my old place but having stay here for less than a week, I like the convenience. Now, I seldom use my car since I need not drive out to buy anything in particular.

the only thing is that i spent too much due to too many eateries and finger foods... ya koon, jolly beans, old chiang kee, kcf, Jalan kayu roti prata, eat it - 24 hr some more wor....

Thanks so much! I was quite sad to leave my old place but having stay here for less than a week, I like the convenience. Now, I seldom use my car since I need not drive out to buy anything in particular.

the only thing is that i spent too much due to too many eateries and finger foods... ya koon, jolly beans, old chiang kee, kcf, Jalan kayu roti prata, eat it - 24 hr some more wor....
    tat doesnt cost much....BUT it will cost ur health away....hehe

Canberra Residence Layout

Ground floor = Garden

http://www.canberra-residence.com/Ga...esidences.html

Mid Floor = Resort

http://www.canberra-residence.com/Re...esidences.html

Top floor = Sky

http://www.canberra-residence.com/Sky_Residences.html

Weird layout, one in the living room (sky garden) and the other one got no door to roof... 4+1 last 2 layout.

The roof - Safe for kids?

http://www.canberraresidences.com.sg/
    Asking price range 8xx???

For this development, are the floorings marble or homogenous?

Canberra Residence Layout

Ground floor = Garden

http://www.canberra-residence.com/Ga...esidences.html

Mid Floor = Resort

http://www.canberra-residence.com/Re...esidences.html

Top floor = Sky

http://www.canberra-residence.com/Sky_Residences.html

Weird layout, one in the living room (sky garden) and the other one got no door to roof... 4+1 last 2 layout.

The roof - Safe for kids?

http://www.canberraresidences.com.sg/
    Asking price range 8xx???
    i think asking is FROM 850psf...and that is for those with PES
    for resort units should be above 900psf

i tink developer feels tat if greenwich can sell 1100-1400psf...y not

i tink developer feels tat if greenwich can sell 1100-1400psf...y not
    Saw on the flyers, the artise's impression ...look nice.

The directly opp open field/(current the show room location) is proposed as a stadium for Sembawang.

Now no sould no pic

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Saw on the flyers, the artise's impression ...look nice.

The directly opp open field/(current the show room location) is proposed as a stadium for Sembawang.

Now no sould no pic
    I have a remote feeling that the Yishun Stadium would be demolished and placed there instead.

China developers... chinese mentality.... go for the kill!

no door to roof leh.... 4+1 penthouses, last 2 layout.

I have to again

I have to again

If chinese developer that is = chinese subcontractor...

Time to siam far far liao loh

I have to again
    Not being bias and IMO personally,

Their quality is still "Not There" yet...

I'm neutral.
    Have to see the overall response on the actual preview day + first launch day.

People now is crazy, anyhow chasing for private property...
    Singaporean, PR, Chinese from China / HK / Malaysia / Indonesia all eyeing for a so-called 'House' in Singapore....

The above phenomenon can be seen in The SOHO Tennery by FEO.
    Is it really worth the $$$? No one knows...Only future can tell....

Maybe because chinese developer in the end all PRCs go and buy....pay full in cash somemore...

One of the 2 bedders seems quite ok. Can partition easily as two units with 2 baths. Common area is the kitchen. Can one room fetch $600 and the other bigger room $1200? That would be $2k... worth it?

better to should have some MM's. MM so good, even china developer also dun want to build MM.

Response should be good as stated. From China for the China to the China.

One of the 2 bedders seems quite ok. Can partition easily as two units with 2 baths. Common area is the kitchen. Can one room fetch $600 and the other bigger room $1200? That would be $2k... worth it?

better to should have some MM's. MM so good, even china developer also dun want to build MM.

Response should be good as stated. From China for the China to the China.
    I wun touch mmm in semb

If this project can sell $850-$900 psf, I am not surprise that the one at woodlands by FEO will sell abt 1k....

Quote Originally Posted by aceivan
    If this project can sell $850-$900 psf, I am not surprise that the one at woodlands by FEO will sell abt 1k....
    all new launches moving towards $1000 psf and above as baseline.

quite a few already surpassed it already.

Quote Originally Posted by aceivan
    This being nearer to town and next to shopping mall should be higher leh.
    The one at woodland may be priced higher only because it's by FEO, nothing else. Watch out for their glib marketing tongues

(Maybe end up higher psf than greenwich)

The plot near to Yishun Emerald Sapphire might hit...

and just maybe for the first time, MM units. But I would think that a smallest unit should be a 2 bedder of 650 sqf there about. Price about 650k (my wild guess only)

tat doesnt cost much....BUT it will cost ur health away....hehe
    hopefully its just temporally.