Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Psychological Studies regarding buying & owning property

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    They stole my entitlement when I am few months away from getting it!!!
    resale hdb px oredi so high when u can buy leh.....cud be a blessing in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    let me put down another scenario (real cases), this 1 not for "Psychological Studies" hor, but may be can show HDB resale market damn screw-ed up...

5rm hdb (HDB record)
    288B Bt Batok St 25 01 to 05 122.00 Improved 1998 $527,000.00 Sep 2011
    289D Bt Batok St 25 11 to 15 121.00 Improved 1997 $528,000.00 Sep 2011
    288G Bt Batok St 25 01 to 05 121.00 Improved 1997 $520,000.00 Aug 2011
    289D Bt Batok St 25 11 to 15 121.00 Improved 1997 $570,000.00 Aug 2011

Parkview Apartment 3bdr, Full facilities Swimming pool and etc (URA record)
    PARKVIEW APARTMENTS BUKIT BATOK STREET 25 Apartment 1 800,000 1,119 Strata 715 Oct-11
    PARKVIEW APARTMENTS BUKIT BATOK STREET 25 Apartment 1 840,000 1,130 Strata 743 Oct-11
    PARKVIEW APARTMENTS BUKIT BATOK STREET 25 Apartment 1 780,000 1,130 Strata 690 Oct-11
    PARKVIEW APARTMENTS BUKIT BATOK STREET 25 Apartment 1 820,000 1,130 Strata 726 Oct-11
    PARKVIEW APARTMENTS BUKIT BATOK STREET 25 Apartment 1 830,000 1,119 Strata 741 Oct-11

- both next to each other
    - both not near MRT
    - both about 10yr old,
    - both 3 bedroom, but hdb slightly bigger

for the 5rm hdb, you need about 20% down (~100K) + 10% COV (~50K), monthly loan repayment $1478 (400K, 30yr, 2%), Total upfront $150K and $50K must be in cash

for Parkview apts, you need 20% down (~164K), monthly loan repayment $2424 (400K, 30yr, 2%), Total upfront $164K and all can be in cpf

if you can afford the loan repayment of S$2500/month comfortably, which 1 will you buy??..

both looks yucky
    both i will not buy

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    both looks yucky
    both i will not buy
    ... heehee, not really asking you to buy it lah.... for 800K you can get lots of better condos around...

just to highlight the property market is very screwed up in s'pore, especially hdb resale, so....
    - might be nothing wrong for people to pick DBSS over resale hdb
    - youngsters cheong-ing new condo might be a better/wiser choice, lots of good 800K new 2bdr around
    - tomorrow sekali if KBW get too pressurised and decided to impose restrictions on new PR of less than 5yrs buying resale HDB… we will huat until blur blur…

The whole thing is very screwed up and manipulated… the whole world also…

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I am wondering what would the 1st time buyers of HDB flats do: Would they borrow:
    1) loan from HDB at 2.6%
    Or 2) loan from private banks at 1%
    Assuming they intend to borrow for 35 years.
    Bro Teddy , I own a hdb too, was a FTB and 100% go for hdb loan. They are the best creditor one can get. Exercise flexibly in dire situations. I have friends whom can attest to that. In good time pay abit more interest it's ok, so in bad times got some "allowances" to maneuver.

Surely u understand TO-DATE , the best gift PAPs have given to all singaporeans is a HDB. The foundation which all middle class builds their wealth from.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    resale hdb px oredi so high when u can buy leh.....cud be a blessing in disguise
    You got a point brudder...

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Bro Teddy , I own a hdb too, was a FTB and 100% go for hdb loan. They are the best creditor one can get. Exercise flexibly in dire situations. I have friends whom can attest to that. In good time pay abit more interest it's ok, so in bad times got some "allowances" to maneuver.

Surely u understand TO-DATE , the best gift PAPs have given to all singaporeans is a HDB. The foundation which all middle class builds their wealth from.
    O'rly? How come I don't have one? But newly converted citizens can have? I serve 2.5 years of NS okay?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    O'rly? How come I don't have one? But newly converted citizens can have? I serve 2.5 years of NS okay?
    U high flyer mah.....nvm la.....i also dun hf one leh....

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    actually is want or dont want... not can or not. Rules are dead, human brain is flexible. I m sure if u can over qualify the income bracket, u know how easy it is to go around it ; )

got entitlement/grants must die die fully utilized 1 meh??... cannot save up 1 meh ??...

i'm still paying my 16yr old hdb loan at 3+%... never move it to commercial banks for past 10yrs also...

and in the future... i will still be qualified as first timer for ec if i got chance to apply for it... or DBSS on concessionary 2.6% loan... plus subsidy...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    They stole my entitlement when I am few months away from getting it!!!
    how did they do that?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

When strange things happen, like landed prices running out of control despite so many restrictions, so many units in such tiny land and yet sell at sky-high prices (relative to surrounding properties) etc, you know such good deals (for developers & resellers ) won't last long:

Landed home prices to fall in some areas after new rules, say analysts
    04:45 AM Nov 26, 2011
    by Wong Siew Ying
    SINGAPORE - Prices of landed homes in Telok Kurau, Kovan and Joo Chiat could fall by 10 to 20 per cent following the introduction of new rules by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) to limit the number of apartments that can be built in low-density housing areas, property analysts said.
    The rules, which kicked in on Thursday, are more likely to affect smaller developers, the analysts said. The plot size for all new flat developments in Singapore must now be at least 1,000 sq m and there is a cap on the number of units that can be built in a project in certain areas to prevent overcrowding.
    Homeowners hoping to sell their plots for redevelopment in the areas identified by the URA as "problematic" will be particularly hit, analysts said. According to its circular to professional institutes, the URA named Telok Kurau, Kovan and Joo Chiat/Jalan Eunos estates.
    Mr Eugene Lim, key executive officer at property consultancy ERA, said: "Developers are known to pay higher prices for land because they know they can build small units and they can price them at higher per square foot.
    "There are now restrictions. You will see developers being less aggressive in their bids and we could possibly see prices for land in these areas coming down by as much as between 10 and 20 per cent."
    With the new requirements, developers will not be able to build as many units on the site. For instance, in the past, a 1,000-sq-m plot would yield about 20 units, but now the developers can build just over 10 units on the same plot.
    Because the URA has limited the number of "shoebox" or small units that can be built in a project in order to improve the overall living environment, analysts said developers will now have to rethink their marketing strategy.
    "If you are looking at a much larger unit, say about 1,200 sq ft and you are hoping to sell at the same unit price of S$1,000 psf, then you are talking about close to S$1.2 million, as opposed to less than a million kind of quantum. Therefore it may not be easy to sell," said Ms Chia Siew Chuin, director of Research & Advisory at Colliers International.
    But the upside of the new rules is that housing units will be better designed, more spacious and with larger areas for landscaping.
    URL http://www.todayonline.com/Business/...,-say-analysts
    Copyright 2011 MediaCorp Pte Ltd | All Rights Reserved

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

If condos almost same price as HDB or only 25% more, sure buy condos lah! Why would I buy HDB without facilities & got to pay extra for car parks?

Furthermore HDB loan 2.6%, private loan 1%!

... heehee, not really asking you to buy it lah.... for 800K you can get lots of better condos around...

just to highlight the property market is very screwed up in s'pore, especially hdb resale, so....
    - might be nothing wrong for people to pick DBSS over resale hdb
    - youngsters cheong-ing new condo might be a better/wiser choice, lots of good 800K new 2bdr around
    - tomorrow sekali if KBW get too pressurised and decided to impose restrictions on new PR of less than 5yrs buying resale HDB… we will huat until blur blur…

The whole thing is very screwed up and manipulated… the whole world also…

bro...u sure 800k can get many other better condos? similar size hor.....dun tell me MM hor....hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    bro...u sure 800k can get many other better condos? similar size hor.....dun tell me MM hor....hehehe
    Heehee... Geylang loh.... i tot we had been talking about that with graveyard in the sherwood thread... he likes the geylang idea very much mah!!... other places ofcos got to be 2bdr lah...

(or 400K only after 2 yrs... that's wat i heard... )