Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Psychological Studies regarding buying & owning property

OCR properties going to crash!

User Info Menu

Default Psychological Studies regarding buying & owning property

I am wondering what would the 1st time buyers of HDB flats do: Would they borrow:
    1) loan from HDB at 2.6%
    Or 2) loan from private banks at 1%
    Assuming they intend to borrow for 35 years.

User Info Menu

I am wondering what would the 1st time buyers of HDB flats do - Would they:
    1) Buy DBSS and pay a significant premium (like >$120k for a 5rm flat of 1100 sqft) with all renovations done & even equipped with oven, heater, etc all thrown in (just like private condo), only need to buy bed & furnitures
    Or 2) Buy plain vanilla BTO and do renovation themselves?
    Or 3) Buy resale at own choice location, floor level, facing with govt grant & renovate themselves?

Which do they perceive to be more worth while?

i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I am wondering what would the 1st time buyers of HDB flats do: Would they borrow:
    1) loan from HDB at 2.6%
    now hdb can loan 35yrs??..

Exalted

User Info Menu

I am wondering what would the 1st time buyers of HDB flats do - Would they:
    1) Buy DBSS and pay a significant premium (like >$120k for a 5rm flat of 1100 sqft) with all renovations done & even equipped with oven, heater, etc all thrown in (just like private condo), only need to buy bed & furnitures
    Or 2) Buy plain vanilla BTO and do renovation themselves?
    Or 3) Buy resale at own choice location, floor level, facing with govt grant & renovate themselves?

Which do they perceive to be more worth while?
    Cfm bto la....still nid to tink meh? Hehe

Foc 100-200k or more from ah gong.....can take must take one

Buy resale pay cov and grant only 40k.....super lugi.....resale is for 2nd timers or PR de.....

Dbss...hmm....might as well get EC? Hehe

Exalted

User Info Menu

1) loan from HDB at 2.6%
    Like wat mr b said....int rate scarly shoot up how?

So for our roof, take hdb better....2.6% oredi world lowest liao....and hdb more frenly mah....no money can owe abit rite....hehe

mutant powerpuff

User Info Menu

Know of two young couples who put down payment for DBSS.
    Loan- never check properly, later found out can't get the amount of bank loan, then have to borrow here and there, so pathetic.

To me, if earn $10k or less a year, just settle for BTO.
    After 5 years, then consider upgrading.
    BTO look nice nowadays.

Senior

User Info Menu

1) loan from HDB at 2.6%
    No need to wonder. Just take up the temp job of a HDB front desk officer dealing with people buying BTOs. You will get more accurate answers. I'm sure you actually don't have to work since you are a landlord but you have thirst for knowledge.

User Info Menu

if you read ch8 news for past few years, most interviewee bought dbss because it comes with renovation included, and also better location

last time there were some "whitebox" hdb pilot programs, where hdb comes as 4-walls only, you do whateva partitioning as you wish. i think that's is a damn good concept... but dead...

User Info Menu

From various sources, it seem that DBSS is so popular despite the super high price tag is because no renovation is required (& still inclusive of oven, hob, hood, water heater, air-con, wardrobe, flooring etc), just buy bed & can move in already! In this case, BTO not so preferred, then whitebox sure die of no demand!

However, from cost-effective view point, BTO definitely seems better value than DBSS. Obviously, BTO surely better than resale because of the huge price difference. Appearently, resale HDB buyers mostly PRs and upgraders/HDB switchers.

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    if you read ch8 news for past few years, most interviewee bought dbss because it comes with renovation included, and also better location

last time there were some "whitebox" hdb pilot programs, where hdb comes as 4-walls only, you do whateva partitioning as you wish. i think that's is a damn good concept... but dead...

User Info Menu

To me, I look at it differently,…. => bottom line is how much you have inside your pocket…

First time buyer, I would think
    - if they can afford dbss or ec, likely they will cheong into that
    - next, they will get resale hdb if can afford to
    - they will get bto because no choice with limited $$, and not much urgency

for those higher earners, e.g. graduate couples
    - how many will apply bto if they could afford an ec or condo?

For those condo downgrading to hdb
    - lots of ca$h mah, they just get some resale hdb with good location and renovation, and throw in more $$ in renovation
    - who will apply bto?

Most people spend more than necessary for their first home, most people push to the max for their first home, may be for face reason, or greedy for future capital appreciation or etc…. => limiting factor as $$ issue, and $$ issues means to come out with that 20% downpayment and subsequent monthly mortgage repayment…

...and,... not a correct way of using your knowledge on private property investment onto hdb for own stay... and majority of hdb dwellers are salary earners, not enterpreneurs, also younger age,... so different way of thinking....

if want to "Psychological Studies" then must think from different angle...

Last edited by ikan bilis; 26th November 2011 at 11:25 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast