Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singapore's pte property landscape in 2020

Default Singapore's pte property landscape in 2020

All prophets come in to share what you see in 2020!

can dont see so far or not, eye very tiring.....

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    See far, can relax eyes.
    Vision 2020 (wawasan 2020).

Resting on the following assumptions:

1. The world's economy has recovered by 2012
    2. Oil price increased to US$200 per barrel
    3. Singapore's population increased to 6 million
    4. Further announcements of new MRT lines
    5. Government has successfully created more business districts in OCR

Prophecies for pte condos:

1. All new launches will be compact type
    2. FH/999LH OCR or 99LH OCR condos near MRT stations generally will be launched at least $1800 psf
    3. >50% buyers of new launches will be foreigners or PRs
    4. Many OCR condos will cost more than CCR/RCR condos

Please feel free to add or discuss

More foreigners convert to Singapore citizen.
    Prices of landed esp 999y and FH will increase exponentially.

Since we have new air con garden, who knows, the whole island may be airconed by then?

HDB 1mil is normal
    ulu 99yr private 1000psf is minimum
    ERP everywhere
    Bak chor mee and chicken rice in hawker centre smallest size $6
    Taxi boarding charge $6
    GST 10%
    ...and everybody tied down with 50yrs loan and have to work like a dog till old age.

BASICally in 2020:

China shadow-banking debt impodes, severe slowdown;
    Heightened political tensions as US, China and EU fight for share of the emerging market --> uncertainties of a war breaking out;
    natural disasters due to global warming, tsunami wiping out coastal cities;
    New strain of H2N2 causing fatalities round the globe...

Hence,

Depression, deflation, all the house values reduces >80%, all you left with is a title deed that nobody even wants....who would want to buy ILLIQUID property then?

Daily floating bodies in Bedok Reservoir if that happens....

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Use telescope la....hehe

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Daily floating bodies in Bedok Reservoir if that happens....
    Due to global warming, all reservoirs dries up by 2020

everything end in 2012...

Wonder wat will be my post count by 2020?

i must say this thread will be a challenge
    we need crystal balls and ppl must have balls to forecast. although no one will pu tui that person for errors, only haul curses and swears if bearish and good brudder if bullish on views.

why? we cannot even firm up views for next 1-2 years....don't talk about a 9-year horizon. too far out...

6-9 mths, 9-12 mths probably possible

stack these timelines against reports due...like employment rate, US debt payment dates, which gahmen has chunky loans due and when....central banks meetings, elections dates, economic data announcement dates...

negative outcome down market point -1, positive news up market point +1

a balanced view like analyst but in a simpler approach

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix

Huh, why will OCR condos cost more than CCR/RCR leh?

U mean in future people prefer to stay in OCR than CCR?

Default WW III

WW III will have just been over in Year 2020. If you take a look at Spain where 45% youngsters are unemployed now, fighting a war might be a decent job!
    Singapore will have amazingly benefited due to its neutral stand. Big giants all turn to Singapore to ask for judgement. Just look at Swissland, you will know that giants will loss more by attacking Singapore. There are 100+ countries' interests here. So it's best to leave Singapore untouched.

Singapore is too small to fail!

Thanks,
    Richard
    PS. Buy property when everyone agrees with BASIC.

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    WW III will have just been over in Year 2020. If you take a look at Spain where 45% youngsters are unemployed now, fighting a war might be a decent job!
    Singapore will have amazingly benefited due to its neutral stand. Big giants all turn to Singapore to ask for judgement. Just look at Swissland, you will know that giants will loss more by attacking Singapore. There are 100+ countries' interests here. So it's best to leave Singapore untouched.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Richwang, I like your prediction, not the WWIII part though.
    That means the world will have BASIC understanding to leave Singapore untouched!

Quote Originally Posted by richwang

Thanks,
    Richard
    can explain further? Y lose more by atk sg?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Richwang, I like your prediction, and hope it comes true.
    That means the world will have BASIC understanding to leave Singapore untouched!
    Wah piang....basic is rite! I dun haf basic common sense arrrrr....

Y hoping for ww3? Wah liuuuu

World peace!

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Due to global warming, all reservoirs dries up by 2020
    you ok?... should be whole sgp flooded...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    you ok?... should be whole sgp flooded...
    2020 leh....

Time will tell...lol

Long overdue mega earthquake in Sumatra causing a giant tsunami to submerge Singapore.

2020 Singapore cease to exist.

Resting on the following assumptions:

1. The world's economy has recovered by 2012
    2. Oil price increased to US$200 per barrel
    3. Singapore's population increased to 6 million
    4. Further announcements of new MRT lines
    5. Government has successfully created more business districts in OCR

Prophecies for pte condos:

1. All new launches will be compact type
    2. FH/999LH OCR or 99LH OCR condos near MRT stations generally will be launched at least $1800 psf
    3. >50% buyers of new launches will be foreigners or PRs

Nice... Wat a list.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Use telescope la....hehe
    @.@ huat huat

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Huh, why will OCR condos cost more than CCR/RCR leh?

U mean in future people prefer to stay in OCR than CCR?
    Personal transportation will be very expensive but public transport will be continued to be overwhelmed. Residency will radiate outward from commercial and retail center, that are being de-centralised from CCR.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    i must say this thread will be a challenge
    we need crystal balls and ppl must have balls to forecast. although no one will pu tui that person for errors, only haul curses and swears if bearish and good brudder if bullish on views.

why? we cannot even firm up views for next 1-2 years....don't talk about a 9-year horizon. too far out...

6-9 mths, 9-12 mths probably possible

stack these timelines against reports due...like employment rate, US debt payment dates, which gahmen has chunky loans due and when....central banks meetings, elections dates, economic data announcement dates...

negative outcome down market point -1, positive news up market point +1

a balanced view like analyst but in a simpler approach
    When you are climbing up a hill new to you, it is hard to predict where and when you will encounter dips, flat or steep slope in very short timeframe. But generally the trend is upwards if you stretch the timeframe slightly.

the uptrend is without a doubt over the years. applies to most countries in asia. inflation, higher salaries.

one smarty pants/skirt already pasted that many times thinking, all are dumbos

the thread is asking abt singapore landscape in 2020.
    trying to point out that such thread raised will give hypothetical answers

for the fun and passing time, great thread

the winners in properties market are those who can predict and jump into the market when there are blips....short downtime and out when cycle picks uptrend. so you may have some with different agenda. in stock market you hear market rumors of share price of company A to hit above $10, guy leaking the info may be offloading the stocks himself. You can read from forums that some are of such behavior. sadly these guys have the guts not to be truthful because this is cyberworld

like stock market, when prices spiral down, some will do average price buy, some will wait for bottom to show. but most will not dare to enter as regret if bought at 20% above bottom price....same for selling...aiya missed selling at peak. common to hear - sold and prices went up another30%. Missed the boat when down or up

read the market happenings and looking at the crowd actions - may provide better insights than analysts.

retails shops - do you see them closing more as compared to last year?
    SG $ appreciation impact on them....their margins - did they pass the benefits to you like restaurant owners since cheaper to import. prices remain same in restaurant?

When you are climbing up a hill new to you, it is hard to predict where and when you will encounter dips, flat or steep slope in very short timeframe. But generally the trend is upwards if you stretch the timeframe slightly.

the uptrend is without a doubt over the years. applies to most countries in asia. inflation, higher salaries.

one smarty pants/skirt already pasted that many times thinking, all are dumbos

the thread is asking abt singapore landscape in 2020.
    trying to point out that such thread raised will give hypothetical answers

for the fun and passing time, great thread

the winners in properties market are those who can predict and jump into the market when there are blips....short downtime and out when cycle picks uptrend. so you may have some with different agenda. in stock market you hear market rumors of share price of company A to hit above $10, guy leaking the info may be offloading the stocks himself. You can read from forums that some are of such behavior. sadly these guys have the guts not to be truthful because this is cyberworld

like stock market, when prices spiral down, some will do average price buy, some will wait for bottom to show. but most will not dare to enter as regret if bought at 20% above bottom price....same for selling...aiya missed selling at peak. common to hear - sold and prices went up another30%. Missed the boat when down or up

read the market happenings and looking at the crowd actions - may provide better insights than analysts.

retails shops - do you see them closing more as compared to last year?
    SG $ appreciation impact on them....their margins - did they pass the benefits to you like restaurant owners since cheaper to import. prices remain same in restaurant?
    Retail shops will continue to evolve. The popularity of Internet shops by 2020 means much keener competitions for those that just import goods and sell. I have more confidence in F&B outlets or those that provide services like hair-cuts or medical treatments, since they are hard to be replaced by Internet shops and big chain stores like NTUC.

I hope to read oracles here!

no no no when i meant retail shops, do you see a lot of them closed shops and more retail spaces vacant/up for rent? esp in older shopping complexes

some will do data dump to counter above.
    but if you speak to some retailers you will hear that it is challenging to sustain business.

F&B retail is always the driver in retail industry but because of singaporeans lifestyle. but do you see chains of restaurants expanding or consolidating their operations?

btw i am not a retailer otherwise i will be having more than 1 bullet
    Retail shops will continue to evolve. The popularity of Internet shops by 2020 means much keener competitions for those that just import goods and sell. I have more confidence in F&B outlets or those that provide services like hair-cuts or medical treatments, since they are hard to be replaced by Internet shops and big chain stores like NTUC.

I hope to see oracles here!

no no no when i meant retail shops, do you see a lot of them closed shops and more retail spaces vacant/up for rent? esp in older shopping complexes

It depends on the BTOs and condos springing up in the vicinity. If none, more retail shops should be closing due to higher rentals.

some will do data dump to counter above.
    but if you speak to some retailers you will hear that it is challenging to sustain business.

Buinesses in the next 1-2 years will be challenging, because retrenchments are on the way.

F&B retail is always the driver in retail industry but because of singaporeans lifestyle. but do you see chains of restaurants expanding or consolidating their operations?

Chains should be still expanding, but slower next year. Singaporeans and tourists still like good food.

btw i am not a retailer otherwise i will be having more than 1 bullet

I think it is only for the very seasoned investors, because the dynamics of retail investments are much faster that residential investments. Chances of empty shop for months to years are very real (I still recall the sad state of Shaw House shops when I went there last year).
    As above in red text...

Default Greater Singapore

MRT will reach JB by 2018 (I guess I have 90% chance to get this right). So here is my feel:

JCR - up up (Peter Lim is investing there)
    ICR - up (Temasek is investing there)
    OCR - down (in particular north, cannot compete with JCR)
    RCR - stable (this is the core Singapore)
    CCR - up up (this is kind of offshore Singapore, world class riches will just buy their 2nd, 3rd or nth home there - for their nth girlfriend/boyfriend/children.)

Thanks,
    Richard
    PS. JCR means the old JB area, ICR means Iskandar area.