Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for now,... what strategy?

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Default for now,... what strategy?

bros,... for now,... what strategy??.. under current market condition??..

for own staying: have to buy
    - if "die die" must get some roof over your head,.. => then buy 5-10yr old OCR near MRT condo. Get those smaller 2bdr/MM. Wait for 4-yrs SSD over and switch to better quality home later
    - mass market and near mrt condo has very good support during any adverse market condition
    - OCR price appreciation in percentage could be higher than CCR for shorter term, during this volatile economy plus hdb shortage time.
    - the smaller near mrt 2bdr/MM helps you to hedge against any huge condo price inflation
    - saves all your rent also

for investment: if fingers too itchy, cannot tahan
    - then buy all those little MMs at different time intervals. Like what china said, europe debt crisis is chronic, so buy when there is dip.
    - get those OCR near MRT would do. As you need smaller quantum.
    - some dollar cost averaging? might work...

for investment: if can tahan and don't join the bedok party outside
    - then wait for some larger price correction as entry point
    - concentrate your fire power, bet big big on CCR's MidRange/Luxury, or smaller MM if short of Vit M,... place one single bet will do
    - eventually CCR will cheong to sky...

??...

Unlikely CCR will cheong to sky, next 10y low growth, range trading in stock markets, MNCs tightens expat housing allowance .... next 10y just patient and collect rent lah

Avoid buying OCR @ 1.4kpsf ... peak already

High inflation, lack of alternative investment and shortage in HDB resales units will keep prices stable despite all the dooms-day news ... sleepy for next few years for sure
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Observation period. No action.

Bro, guess you have been waiting too long already for the price to correct , is my guess rite?

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    bros,... for now,... what strategy??.. under current market condition??..

for own staying: have to buy
    - if "die die" must get some roof over your head,.. => then buy 5-10yr old OCR near MRT condo. Get those smaller 2bdr/MM. Wait for 4-yrs SSD over and switch to better quality home later
    - mass market and near mrt condo has very good support during any adverse market condition
    - OCR price appreciation in percentage could be higher than CCR for shorter term, during this volatile economy plus hdb shortage time.
    - the smaller near mrt 2bdr/MM helps you to hedge against any huge condo price inflation
    - saves all your rent also

for investment: if fingers too itchy, cannot tahan
    - then buy all those little MMs at different time intervals. Like what china said, europe debt crisis is chronic, so buy when there is dip.
    - get those OCR near MRT would do. As you need smaller quantum.
    - some dollar cost averaging? might work...

for investment: if can tahan and don't join the bedok party outside
    - then wait for some larger price correction as entry point
    - concentrate your fire power, bet big big on CCR's MidRange/Luxury, or smaller MM if short of Vit M,... place one single bet will do
    - eventually CCR will cheong to sky...

??...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Unlikely CCR will cheong to sky, next 10y low growth, range trading in stock markets, MNCs tightens expat housing allowance .... next 10y just patient and collect rent lah

High inflation, lack of alternative investment and shortage in HDB resales units will keep prices stable despite all the dooms-day news ... sleepy for next few years for sure
    Can get 800psf OCR lah... if FH laggi better.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    Bro, guess you have been waiting too long already for the price to correct , is my guess rite?
    haha.. bro... wrong guess.. although very ikan bilis hor,... leverage to about max liow... bought until little vit m left... onli enuf for mm... for next buy need to switch my hdb to pc if want larger pc... so i stay put or sit tight tight as hdb is precious now...

just trying to find out how you guys tackle this type of market condition,... as investors or for own stay...

Default Can try and guess the launch price.

SINGAPORE: Three new residential sites for private housing have been released under the Government Land Sales (GLS) Programme.

The sites are at Mount Vernon Road, Jalan Lempeng and the Kovan Road/Simon Road area.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority and the Housing & Development Board said the sites are for sale on Tuesday, by public tender.

Together, they are expected to yield about 1,830 units, adding to the 14,945 units launched under GLS this year.

The 2.1-hectare land parcel at Mount Vernon Road is near Bartley MRT station and can provide potentially some 785 housing units.

The 2.4-hectare land parcel at Jalan Lempeng is near Clementi Town Centre and can potentially yield about 685 housing units.

Meanwhile, the 1.7-hectare land parcel at Kovan Road/Simon Road in the north east can potentially yield about 360 housing units.

- CNA/wk

for own stay: buy hdb

for investment: have at least 4 yr worth of capital reserves in order to play the game. the rest is secondary.

I agree... 1.4k/psf will be far too high for OCR, thats why BR more then 1.2k/psf i give it a miss and dream on for time being. Must be near/next to mrt/mall/etc. and collect rent at least for the next 6 to 10yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Can get 800psf OCR lah... if FH laggi better.
    Can, OCR FH resale condo... go to Changi Condo village... still can get 800/800+ psf...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    haha.. bro... wrong guess.. although very ikan bilis hor,... leverage to about max liow... bought until little vit m left... onli enuf for mm... for next buy need to switch my hdb to pc if want larger pc... so i stay put or sit tight tight as hdb is precious now...

just trying to find out how you guys tackle this type of market condition,... as investors or for own stay...
    i oredi switch to hibernation mode

tinking of signing up 1yr annual levy at rws

whahahahahahaha

I will be in hibernation mode for the next 1 year

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    I will be in hibernation mode for the next 1 year
    aiya....ur biz booming wat....whr got time to hibernate? hehehe

any bros can share whether it make sense to buy mm near mrt at ocr? eg let say clementi, easy to find tenant?

Sigh, tough times ahead. Time to conserve cash.

If tough time ahead, why oil price still at 96USD??? shouldn't oil price be at 70USD instead??

Holding cash for next 10y could be disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    any bros can share whether it make sense to buy mm near mrt at ocr? eg let say clementi, easy to find tenant?
    As long you have realistic expectations of rental, you will always find tenants.

Should we sell our current properties to cash out and wait for the crash? 2 of my friends already sold theirs, one renting the other staying with in-laws.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    As long you have realistic expectations of rental, you will always find tenants.
    Is 2.2k rental reasonable for MM @ clement?

Never speculate on your own residence. Upgrade/Downgrade but never go short on your roof.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Should we sell our current properties to cash out and wait for the crash? 2 of my friends already sold theirs, one renting the other staying with in-laws.

Lucky u never follow ur friends, they must be very panicky now

go supermarket to checkout the food prices ... it is still on the rise mind you

If tough time ahead, why oil price still at 96USD??? shouldn't oil price be at 70USD instead??

Holding cash for next 10y could be disaster
    Are we heading for STAGFLATION? If the answer is yes, then holding cash maybe the best option. Everybody loses in this scenario and holding cash loses the least presumably.
    Last edited by Fisherman; 29-11-11 at 20:31.

My 2 cents, unless you are 100% sure there are immediate upside, it's best to sell property now and recognise your profit. At least can sleep at night. A lot of people will rush to sell if market does turn South so more difficult to sell then

I think already difficult to sell now

I realized that I'm not smart enough to time the market. ie buy at bottom, sell at top.

I also realized that putting money in the bank is not going to do me any good, and property is probably the best way to an early retirement.

So I invested in property, made sure that I get good cash flow. It should finance itself after the down payment and must be easy to rent out in good or bad times

I also made sure that I have cash to cover at least 1 year of expenses including mortgage payments to manage risks....

I am doing well so far, as long as property prices rises over the long run....

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    I think already difficult to sell now
    Yah loh, 3 months ago still got enquiries, now no news no sound.

Yah loh, 3 months ago still got enquiries, now no news no sound.
    are you asking for last transacted price? Everyone is expecting prices to drop now....

But will you sell at below the last transacted? if yes, how much below?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman
    Are we heading for STAGFLATION? If the answer is yes, then holding cash maybe the best option. Everybody loses in this scenario and holding cash loses the least presumably.
    bro... think your logic salah lah...

as long as there is inflation, better hold gold, commodity, property...
    hold cash/bond only when there is deflation or very high interest rate...

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Is 2.2k rental reasonable for MM @ clement?
    yes if within 8mins walk to mrt