Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u r toking about paying ur hse in FULL???

if not u only save 40% of 300k or 20% of 300k?

and dun forget effective int rate for Cars about 1.88X2

oh ya ....how about running cost of maintaining a car??? insurance, parking fees, ERP, summons, petrol(100usd/barrel now), suay suay accident and repair cost if any?
    these are diff perspectives. i can also add how about traffic jams on roads? on the other end drivers will also have things to say about mrt users, and then there's also the taxi users..

even 20% of 300k is 60K, a good sum to start saving towards downpayment of an MM, which you can then rent out? if i buy an expensive condo to stay in and as a result cannot afford to invest in a second property or do other investments, then i don't find it worthwhile. not to forget that even if u do not need to pay the 200-300k premium in full from the beginning, it is still bleeding from your bank account monthly.

if having a car is too torturous then get a condo with free shuttle to mrt lor. but my sense is that owning a family car is quite well worth the depreciation if there's a family.

in the end depends on earning power, investment strategies n priorities...

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    these are diff perspectives. i can also add how about traffic jams on roads? on the other end drivers will also have things to say about mrt users, and then there's also the taxi users..

even 20% of 300k is 60K, a good sum to start saving towards downpayment of an MM, which you can then rent out? if i buy an expensive condo to stay in and as a result cannot afford to invest in a second property or do other investments, then i don't find it worthwhile. not to forget that even if u do not need to pay the 200-300k premium in full from the beginning, it is still bleeding from your bank account monthly.

if having a car is too torturous then get a condo with free shuttle to mrt lor. but my sense is that owning a family car is quite well worth the depreciation if there's a family.

in the end depends on earning power, investment strategies n priorities...
    my point is: doesnt make any sense to tink tat u save '300k' and use the money saved to buy car

if u refer back, i nvr disagree the other points

me for one will stay in cheaper hse and channel more $$ into investments

my point is: doesnt make any sense to tink tat u save '300k' and use the money saved to buy car

if u refer back, i nvr disagree the other points

me for one will stay in cheaper hse and channel more $$ into investments
    ok agreed. but use a bit of the 300k on a cheap car ok lar.
    for me becoming a job requirement...buy ex or cheap ppty will still need a car...haiz...(self-reflection). so buy cheap lor. and since got car no need mrt liao..

ok agreed. but use a bit of the 300k on a cheap car ok lar.
    for me becoming a job requirement...buy ex or cheap ppty will still need a car...haiz...(self-reflection). so buy cheap lor. and since got car no need mrt liao..
    if u nid to save tat 300k den can afford to buy car.....errrr......

one car nia leh....ur family how?

best is to stay near MRT and also own a car la

I'm all for teaching the little runts independence and resilience - esp if they are boys.

But a) time wasted/fatigue/safety and
    b) the wife might have something to say.

My friend stays in far east (changi north) and sends child to Pri school in Katong. Next year to Sec school - transport on the way back will be an issue. He knows it.

mrt definitely helps. but the question is if the large premium is justifiable? usu pple will choose pri n sec schools that are quite near, regardless of mrt or not., unless e.g. u stay in tampines but insists on sending kids to RI (when there's actually dunman high, victoria sec etc. in the east). it wouldn't kill them to have to take bus, or bus + mrt. prob teach them resilience.

but if the buyer thinks it's justifiable, then of course so be it.

if u nid to save tat 300k den can afford to buy car.....errrr......

one car nia leh....ur family how?

best is to stay near MRT and also own a car la

not need to save 300k to buy car lar. to invest. no family.

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    I'm all for teaching the little runts independence and resilience - esp if they are boys.

But a) time wasted/fatigue/safety and
    b) the wife might have something to say.

My friend stays in far east (changi north) and sends child to Pri school in Katong. Next year to Sec school - transport on the way back will be an issue. He knows it.
    i can only say a parent's love is the best

i guess if the great premium for condos near mrt remains, then next time there's always an option to sell off at high premium prices too when it's no longer necessary for the kids, or when they move out..

Double post
    Last edited by Tripp; 07-12-11 at 11:42.

Business Times, Wed 7 Dec 2011
    http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/...468537,00.html

UOL, SingLand sell over 100 units at Archipelago condo preview

UOL Group and Singapore Land are said to have sold slightly over 100 units at their Archipelago condo as of 6 pm yesterday. This is out of the 190 units in the 577-unit development released at a preview that began last Friday.

The average price for the five-storey, 99-year leasehold project which will face Bedok Reservoir Park is about $1,000 psf.

The development is within 500 metres from Bedok Town Park MRT Station, which is under construction.

Slightly over 20 per cent of Archipelago's buyers are foreigners (including permanent residents). Comprising a mix of nationalities - including mainland Chinese, Taiwanese, Indonesians, Malaysians and Australians - they steered towards the larger units, including the strata semi-detached houses.

Foreigners do not require permission from Land Dealings (Approval) Unit to buy strata landed homes that are within a development with condominium status, making them popular with foreigners.

BT understands that eight to 10 of Archipelago's 24 strata semi-D homes have been sold. These have a strata area of around 4,400 sq ft and are priced at $3.1 million-$3.5 million.

Market watchers noted that a relatively high proportion of Archipelago's 577 units are large - about a fifth have four or five bedrooms - which means their absolute lump-sum dollar prices are substantial. Prices of one-bedroom units start from $590,000 for a 527 sq ft unit. The cheapest three-bedder (1,184 sq ft) costs $1.18 million. Four-bedders are priced from $1.7 million (for a 1,650 sq ft apartment).

'So this is not entirely an upgraders' project', as one property consultant put it, and could account for the relatively slower response for Archipelago compared with Bedok Residences, which was previewed last month - besides the latter's superior location.

Bedok Residences will be connected to Bedok MRT Station and integrated with a bus interchange. It will also be part of a mixed development that will include a mall. On its first day of release, Nov 23, 350 of 450 units released were taken up. The 583-unit development is now more than 80 per cent sold. The 15-storey project is priced at $1,350 psf on average.

52.6% sales registered based on launched units, and overall 17.3% sales. Quite lacklustre sales.

Should have launched earlier before Bedok Residences.

does anybody have an opinion on the strata houses (except stating too expensive please), the layout actually looks quite good compared with others (TG, EU, )

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    does anybody have an opinion on the strata houses (except stating too expensive please), the layout actually looks quite good compared with others (TG, EU, )
    A pity that strata houses are sandwiched in the middle, and not facing the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    52.6% sales registered based on launched units, and overall 17.3% sales. Quite lacklustre sales.

Should have launched earlier before Bedok Residences.
    Dont think will make any difference. Archipelago location is not as good compared to Bedok Residences where MRT already up and running and EW line is the most convenient for pple working in town (Raffles place, Orchard Road). There are already so many launches at the Bedok Reservoir area (Waterfront series, Waterview, DBSS) not to mention other exisiting condos...pple who wanted to stay in Bedok Reservoir area likely already bought a place earlier. Whereas Bedok Residences is the only condo in that vincinity right next to Bedok MRT definitely demand is much higher.........

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    actually much better than I thought !

I notice many of the preview buyers are buying large units not small 1/2 bds. These are easily close to 2m items or more. Houses start at 3.xm. one of this sold is worth 3x 1bd. UOL is more keen to get these sold than the 1bds.

hk2313: the house itself is good. layout is better. but the facing of the houses are very poor. no privacy, too cramped etc. UOL needs to learn from FEO.

same as the the terrene...cramped

Strange mentality, 100 units sold at preview considered ok right, considering most units quantum are so high ... I remembered UOL Double Bay Residences preview only sold 80 units back in 2009 with asking price 650psf ... Waterfront Isle preview also less than 100 units, asking for 920psf on average
    Ride at your own risk !!!

so the showroom is open or close?

Apparently quite narrow/cramped. And the facing is not good (no park view and those on the right hand side of the map (east side) are next to the bins area of the HDB flats (the empty white space on the map). The 5 bedders facing the park would be a better buy. Sorry dude the new launches of strata houses do not seem to be too good. Perhaps you can persuade your wife if she might consider to get a 5-bed or penthouse unit instead. There isn't much advantage in getting a house - I don't think the "garden" will amount to much plus the hassle of having to climb up and down so many flights of stairs for strata houses, not to mention having to clean those stairs (although most of the forummers here would blithely delegate this to their long-suffering domestic help). If you have young kids or older folks in the home, multi-tier strata house isn't so kid or elder friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Strange mentality, 100 units sold at preview considered ok right, considering most units quantum are so high ... I remembered UOL Double Bay Residences preview only sold 80 units back in 2009 with asking price 650psf ... Waterfront Isle preview also less than 100 units, asking for 920psf on average
    Most of those sold are big units so in terms of $$$ earned they are probably not doing as badly as it would seem. The currently discounted units are those with particularly poor facing. They have already withdrawn the better facing blocks from the sales list and will release them later at the main launch.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Went to have a look just now, only a few customers, the rest all agents.

Type A, B and C only have homogeneous tiles for living, dining and bath.

Some blocks are higher up on the hilltop. Blk511 and 525 are at least 2 levels higher than other blocks.

Layout quite standard except for the angular balconies.

Some pricing:

1 bedroom 527sqft
    #02-02 577k
    #02-31 606k
    #05-31 621k

2 bedroom road facing 840sqft
    #02-29 845k
    #02-32 845k

2 bedroom pool facing 829sqft
    #02-87 901k

2 bedroom park facing 829sqft
    #02-112 1016k

omg how do they justify a 100k diff betw the pool facing and park facing? at 2nd storey u really can't see anything. they r just trees. Trees!!

omg how do they justify a 100k diff betw the pool facing and park facing? at 2nd storey u really can't see anything. they r just trees. Trees!!
    True. But no noise and air pollution so +100k..

trust me the selling point is NOT the "water view". It's the serenity of the park with fresh air and 0 noise and very good privacy.

and yes I think 100 plus sold with many big units is a pretty good result.

sometimes got Xtra things to see leh.....

Creepy crawlies... And tree-climbing voyeurs with binos...

Yep, this condo development is selling the park view.

Did you go and see the showflats? On the upper level of the penthouse showflat the view is actually quite good. Although there are trees but you can also see the reservoir through the trees. I saw dragon boat on the water. If it's for own stay, the park facing might be worth paying for. If it's for rental....maybe not.

Wats the psf?

I am monitoring strata house at vision.....see any gancheong spider willing to let go at 600psf? Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    trust me the selling point is NOT the "water view". It's the serenity of the park with fresh air and 0 noise and very good privacy.

and yes I think 100 plus sold with many big units is a pretty good result.
    Its the very first time i hear something positive from u regarding ocr condo....hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Did you go and see the showflats? On the upper level of the penthouse showflat the view is actually quite good. Although there are trees but you can also see the reservoir through the trees. I saw dragon boat on the water. If it's for own stay, the park facing might be worth paying for. If it's for rental....maybe not.
    Wats the psf for penthse wif reservoir view?

@ Devilplate

cheapest Vision TH asking around 670 psf I think ...only one at that price, next one asking for 750 or so...monitoring as well......what makes you interested in that one if I may ask ?

Its the very first time i hear something positive from u regarding ocr condo....hehehe
    "For own stay" he has qualified ... I can understand if you want capital appreciation then CCR is a better choice but with US/Europe in dire states, wonder how much growth CCR can have in next 5y
    Ride at your own risk !!!