Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 271217222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

went there today...
    there is this 3+1, second floor unit, quite attractive pricing....
    but distance to the opp townhouse is 10m

project : not so bad...but very cramp

At 10m, you can see what your neighbour is having for dinner.

aiya never tell me.... I was jogging past

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Still prefer the chicken rice at Sheng Ji (opp Archi) and Xiang Ji (Bedok reservoir market) ..... I guess I could never grow out of the east.
    Tried Xiang Ji before but have not eaten at Sheng Ji, is the roast or white chicken better? I heard the prawn noodle at that kopitiam also not bad?

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    U know why - cause its unique low rise

with more big units - the plus point is u have owners who buy to stay and price drop is in a way controlled

investors also prefer a development where most owners buy to stay so that there is less competition when renting out the unit
    Thanks for e pointers. Very valid points, I guess if I m buying for own stay, I also want to know my neighbour better, rather have new neighbours every now and then.

Like lots of bro said, it's a nice proj for own stay and the next one will likely be Parcel A next to Tanah Merah mrt. Think that also low rise at nice plot but the track noise might make it less attractive but mrt at doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    went there today...
    there is this 3+1, second floor unit, quite attractive pricing....
    but distance to the opp townhouse is 10m

project : not so bad...but very cramp
    Agree the blocks are quite close to each other, that's why the park facing is first to be sold out and have a price premium of about 80-100k for 3br.

For the 3+1 still have a few choices? The quantum is 1.6mil?

Yes, 3+1 are going for 1.5+M and up.

1.5 mil can get a 3 bedroom at Bedok residences. Better for rental?

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Yeap, for investment purposes BR instead of Archi definitely will be a better choice. Most people would also not look at 3+1 for investment, cos' the +1 is a 200-300k jump fr the standard 3br in this project. If you are looking at BR's 3br, you might want to note that the common rooms are smaller and fittings/furnishing are not as good as Archi.

Having said that, this project is better for own stay for those who want to get away from the maddening crowd in Bedok Central once BR is completed with DTL, amenities and park within walking distance.

Revenge. That was what Madam Tan Sze Sze scribbled in red several times on a photocopy of her husband's birth certificate.

It was found in the front right pocket of her red T-shirt when her body was found in Bedok Reservoir nearly a year ago.

The body of her son, Jeral, was found with hers. She is believed to have taken the boy with her into the reservoir when she decided to end her life.

It all started with cracks in her marriage.

Read the full report in today’s paper (Sept 13)

Her name.... ....

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    I think rental is usually best with a 2 bedder.

Quote Originally Posted by fiyo
    I think rental is usually best with a 2 bedder.
    Agree. 2BR is good for rental for BR or Archi, 3br and above hard to justify the % yield return. I heard WFW 3br about 3.5k, you can use that as benchmark.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Agree. 2BR is good for rental for BR or Archi, 3br and above hard to justify the % yield return. I heard WFW 3br about 3.5k, you can use that as benchmark.
    Depends on the supply also... I believe all the 10 condos surrounding Bedok Reservoir has 2BRs, and they made up a relatively higher percentage of units in that area. So 2BR is likely to face tougher competition .. but then whats going to happen 3 yrs down the road is hard to say now

Yes agree that supply and demand is a key factor. However, it always seems harder to find 2 bedders in completed projects and the bigger units are usually out in the market for a longer time when selling or renting. Maybe family size is shrieking these days??

Cool

Update from agent, project at 98% sold as of today w 11 units left.

All 1/2/3br are sold out.

Remaining units are
    2+1BR PH Loft x 1
    3+1BR x 3 units
    4BR PH x 2 units
    5BR PH x 3 units
    2TH x 2 units

This s the mix if I got it correctly and I went pass the site but didn't get to take a photo. Progress is really fast!

Update from agent, project at 98% sold as of today w 11 units left.

All 1/2/3br are sold out.

Remaining units are
    2+1BR PH Loft x 1
    3+1BR x 3 units
    4BR PH x 2 units
    5BR PH x 3 units
    2TH x 2 units

This s the mix if I got it correctly and I went pass the site but didn't get to take a photo. Progress is really fast!
    Wah, that's really fast. For 7th month..this is quite unexpected.

Wah, that's really fast. For 7th month..this is quite unexpected.
    I think thats about it... the remaining high quantum units should be slow to move, especially its LH ....

I think thats about it... the remaining high quantum units should be slow to move, especially its LH ....
    You mean the townhouse? That's what I tot too, but over the past mth, I think they sold 2 at >3.4mil, cos the agent last update before yest was a few wks ago and it was 4 left...

I guess the TH will sell out before the PH, given quantum is pretty close, I suppose TH better value?

The rest all profit, no worries

WFI also like < 15 units left
    Ride at your own risk !!!

You mean the townhouse? That's what I tot too, but over the past mth, I think they sold 2 at >3.4mil, cos the agent last update before yest was a few wks ago and it was 4 left...

I guess the TH will sell out before the PH, given quantum is pretty close, I suppose TH better value?
    No, I meant the PH... I m sure the TH would be sold out cos these r the v rare species already, some more foreigners can still buy ...

No, I meant the PH... I m sure the TH would be sold out cos these r the v rare species already, some more foreigners can still buy ...
    I see, still have quite a few proj w TH like Eco, seahill, kovan regency. I'm still surprised to see new proj w KR w TH considering the rule should have kicked in?

I see, still have quite a few proj w TH like Eco, seahill, kovan regency. I'm still surprised to see new proj w KR w TH considering the rule should have kicked in?
    I guess those who could afford TH should be seeking lifestyle living ... so Archi with the reservoir park should appeal to them more than the other projects?

The new rule was kicked in in Apr 2012, mabbe KR was approved prior to that?

I guess those who could afford TH should be seeking lifestyle living ... so Archi with the reservoir park should appeal to them more than the other projects?

The new rule was kicked in in Apr 2012, mabbe KR was approved prior to that?
    Yeah but agent was saying TH in condo project typically appeal to foreign buyers due to them able to buy these w/o restrictions.

Come to think of it most project w TH in condo almost always have landed houses nearby, such as Seahill, Eco, Euhabitat, Kovan Regency, etc.

Archi could probably be the only choice with TH nearby that appeals to Singaporean who wanted a 'landed house' in this area. I remember Clearwater do have a few of the clusterhouse type too but doesn't look as nice lah.

Archi last burst of fire selling 51 units in Aug and making to Top 10 list. URA figures stand at 41 left after Aug sales but according to update last wk, it has 11 left. Perhaps showflat be closing real soon.

One Dusun 153
    Parc Olympia 110
    Bartley Resi 70
    V on Shenton 65
    Flo Resi 62
    River Isles 55
    Archipelago 51
    Eight Riversuites 47
    Palette 37
    Tampines Trilliant (EC) 33

Archi last burst of fire selling 51 units in Aug and making to Top 10 list. URA figures stand at 41 left after Aug sales but according to update last wk, it has 11 left. Perhaps showflat be closing real soon.

One Dusun 153
    Parc Olympia 110
    Bartley Resi 70
    V on Shenton 65
    Flo Resi 62
    River Isles 55
    Archipelago 51
    Eight Riversuites 47
    Palette 37
    Tampines Trilliant (EC) 33
    Palette has been in the market for awhile hasn't it?

Ya Palette more than a yr already...

Think last couple of months dont have many new launches .. hungry buyers all went on to raid One Dusun and also revisit the remaining launches ... so all the ah zhu ah gou ah mao also get into top 10

Yeap, but Palatte has more units development compare to Archi, almost double albeit w a lower quantum but i think mainly becos Pasir Ris home buyers have lots of choices, think Sea Esta, Ripple Bay, Watercolors, Seastrand or even Flora area.

Ya Palette more than a yr already...

Think last couple of months dont have many new launches .. hungry buyers all went on to raid One Dusun and also revisit the remaining launches ... so all the ah zhu ah gou ah mao also get into top 10

Property going up and up. Side track abit...Do you think it'll ever drop? Got a friend thinking of selling their house and wait for market to crash and buy again. They told me their current house can make about 2M so quite attractive.

Not too sure though. But even if go up, it won't be too much, the govt will not let prices shoot through the roof suddenly like in 09/10.

Another sure thing is there are alot of people waiting on the sidelines to pick durian. I know of 2 friends who have sold their units and are now staying with their in laws waiting for price to drop.

Looks like bedok reservoir is almost fully occupied. Units left unsold according to URA Aug data:

ARC AT TAMPINES 48
    ARCHIPELAGO 41
    WATERVIEW 43
    WATERFRONT ISLE 16