Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4914151617181920212223242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Archipelago UOL Bedok Reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Yeah ideal for old folks who love to go for their daily morning walks....

Pool facing is alright provided there are no screaming kids playing in the pools, lol. On the other hand, I thought it is rather spooky to face the forests, probably due to bad exp in the army, I tend not to stare into any pitch dark vegetation for more than a few seconds. Imagine u wake up in the middle of the night next to a window facing the trees, and ......:

I will go for those high floor units facing the strata, they will be higher than the strata houses and also further away from opposite facing units

They had better prices for the ones facing the strata housing. But you can see the HBD blocks from there, so we opted for somewhere enclosed within the heart of the estate (actually also not much choice left). The corner where you can see the reservior was long sold out. The rest of the 'reservior' units are just looking at trees and yes, can be 'scary' at night.

Default Private Residential Units* Sold in the Month of May 2012

ARCHIPELAGO BEDOK RESERVOIR ROAD United Venture Development

Total Number of Units in Project 577

Cumulative Units Launched to-date 407

Cumulative Units Sold to-date Cumulative Units
    Launched but Unsold 93

Units Launched in the Month 50

Units Sold in the Month 48

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Are the 1/2BR show flats up yet? I am interested to view. Quite practical for renting out as I find homogeneous tiles easy to maintain. It will save me $$$ as don't need to polish in between tenants. I like the 2BR layout but out of my budget. The 1BR doesn't have window in the bathroom though.
    Still reno when I was there 2wk ago, shd be ready this or nx wk I guess. Maybe they will advertise tmr cos left mostly 1/2 bdr to sell.

Cfm it's homogenous tiles for 1/2bR, is 2bd 900k?

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    ARCHIPELAGO BEDOK RESERVOIR ROAD United Venture Development

Total Number of Units in Project 577

Cumulative Units Launched to-date 407

Cumulative Units Sold to-date Cumulative Units
    Launched but Unsold 93

Units Launched in the Month 50

Units Sold in the Month 48
    It's ironic, the final push needed is mainly 1/2br as I heard most big units are sold out. This proj seems to be going the opposite direction of the typical launches.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    It's ironic, the final push needed is mainly 1/2br as I heard most big units are sold out. This proj seems to be going the opposite direction of the typical launches.
    you have to give UOL thumbs up ... they really understand how to sell a project near Nature ... Meadow@P was the last one ... once all the bigs are sold out, 1/2br is easy
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Ya i think UOL may not be very aggressive in marketing but they do have excellent strategies ... just look at how fast the Waterbank@Dakota and Katong Regency moved .....

The focus for this project was on the larger units, so they have showflats for the big units but none for the 1/2BR (which i thot is quite untypical of a showflat). But if my memory doesn fail me, euhabitat also started off with only big unit showflats but later converted some to the smaller ones, and thats when the smaller units really moved faster....

I think 2BR facing road is around 8xxk, strata facing ones are around 9xxk, and pool facing ones are above 1M - prices were quoted before they increased it a couple of mths back...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    you have to give UOL thumbs up ... they really understand how to sell a project near Nature ... Meadow@P was the last one ... once all the bigs are sold out, 1/2br is easy
    Ya true. They are nature themed king! I realize they only have 2-3 proj selling compare to other developer, they are really selective about replenishing their land bank. Hahahhahaha. Does that also mean the construction likely to complete earlier than say feo, capland?

Ya i think UOL may not be very aggressive in marketing but they do have excellent strategies ... just look at how fast the Waterbank@Dakota and Katong Regency moved .....

The focus for this project was on the larger units, so they have showflats for the big units but none for the 1/2BR (which i thot is quite untypical of a showflat). But if my memory doesn fail me, euhabitat also started off with only big unit showflats but later converted some to the smaller ones, and thats when the smaller units really moved faster....

I think 2BR facing road is around 8xxk, strata facing ones are around 9xxk, and pool facing ones are above 1M - prices were quoted before they increased it a couple of mths back...
    Bro, u r rite, their track record is not bad but I rem viewing euhabitat but was a bit turn off cos feo really pack the site w lots of blocks and I reckon traffic there gonna be a killer along jln eunos when completed.

I mean Archi is not particularly well spaced out but it feels less cramp compare to euhabitat IMO. 2br facing road is a tough sell, only saving grace is good layout. I still think Archi can do w less strata and add a tennis court. Hahaha, of cos UOL won't agree to that.

This project will be sold out by end of year, thanks to SH and news of no more CM

This project will be sold out by end of year, thanks to SH and news of no more CM
    actually it's kind of strange, I was looking at Archi and FV as similar type of proj but despite the D15 tag, FH status and a not much higher psf, it is taking FV so long to move the units, considering they started in 2010. Is it the cemetery effect? Archi and Bedok reservoir does have it's fair share of floaters too mah ... hehehehe ...

reason is high rise condos are a bunch too many - low rise resort type Archi are rare - u r right abt FV - the cemetery effect - its a permanent effect -

actually it's kind of strange, I was looking at Archi and FV as similar type of proj but despite the D15 tag, FH status and a not much higher psf, it is taking FV so long to move the units, considering they started in 2010. Is it the cemetery effect? Archi and Bedok reservoir does have it's fair share of floaters too mah ... hehehehe ...

Mrt and amenities too, Market is always right

Mrt and amenities too, Market is always right
    My missus was saying across the reservoir at Waterview can get at about 900psf and a bit higher can possibly get reservoir view thru subsale, why pay $200 more! Hahaha ... Maybe I can tell her MRT and amenities but she will most likely say it's 200k more!

My missus was saying across the reservoir at Waterview can get at about 900psf and a bit higher can possibly get reservoir view thru subsale, why pay $200 more! Hahaha ... Maybe I can tell her MRT and amenities but she will most likely say it's 200k more!
    200k = total cost of 1 Toyota for 10y use

also one in D18, one in D16 ... every one min there is a bus from Bedok Reservoir Road to Bedok Central ... DTL3 also goes all the way to connect with Brash Basah CCL at SMU
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 16-06-12 at 13:28.

Don't forget next time u r likely to sell higher also, mabbe more than 200k more

I personally like WV too, good choice if u drive, but be prepared to walk much longer distances if u wanna tabao a pack of rice or buy some panadols ....

I know of some folks who used to stay in the old FV, and they told me the place is really v inconvenient. Think the price is also rather steep compared with Archi, yes, no?

Anyway, think they closed down the old showflat for more than a yr before they reopened it up again after the actual building was up and used as the showflat. The finishings is excellent.... imo much better than archi though.

Don't forget next time u r likely to sell higher also, mabbe more than 200k more

I personally like WV too, good choice if u drive, but be prepared to walk much longer distances if u wanna tabao a pack of rice or buy some panadols ....
    u can buy basic amenities just across WV cos there's a big caltex petrol kiosk with a 24hr convenient store..

200k = total cost of 1 Toyota for 10y use

also one in D18, one in D16 ... every one min there is a bus from Bedok Reservoir Road to Bedok Central ... DTL3 also goes all the way to connect with Brash Basah CCL at SMU
    Thks for the tip, I will try this one. Hahahhahaha ...

I know of some folks who used to stay in the old FV, and they told me the place is really v inconvenient. Think the price is also rather steep compared with Archi, yes, no?

Anyway, think they closed down the old showflat for more than a yr before they reopened it up again after the actual building was up and used as the showflat. The finishings is excellent.... imo much better than archi though.
    Archi is 1100psf vs FV 1250psf. I do admit that beside the at the bottom of the valley and cemetery feel is not v gd. Amenities wise is not too bad, cos Siglap centre is about 5 min walk downhill n Siglap V is coming up. The road will be pretty jam up cld b another reason.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    u can buy basic amenities just across WV cos there's a big caltex petrol kiosk with a 24hr convenient store..
    Ya, the sales agent told me about that when i visited the showflat during launch. I will probably need NTUC, kopitiam, clinic nearby cos too lazy to take bus/drive out for little things.

Compare FV to Archi, I think indeed the finish is better. What I hate is uol damn neow, nv throw in fridge, built in microwave, coffee maker n washer despite the high price! Lolx!

Compare FV to Archi, I think indeed the finish is better. What I hate is uol damn neow, nv throw in fridge, built in microwave, coffee maker n washer despite the high price! Lolx!
    Lol... I didn't really notice, but actually those stuffs add up together also not too ex.. I heard some archi agents do give furniture vouchers from their own pocket though

Actually FV is also quite nice. But it's a valley so some think that it is not ideal fengshui.

Lol... I didn't really notice, but actually those stuffs add up together also not too ex.. I heard some archi agents do give furniture vouchers from their own pocket though
    Ya not a lot but these days most developers are throwing it in to sweeten the deal but UOL is pretty 'conservative' in following this trend. Maybe need to speak to a agent to find out more.

Did bro here who bought got any perks/rebate from agent? Pls share. Thks.

Quote Originally Posted by fiyo
    Actually FV is also quite nice. But it's a valley so some think that it is not ideal fengshui.
    fiyo, did you get a 3/4/5 br at archi? Agent got dig into own pocket for some rebate for you?

I agree w u for FV. Archi is perch on a mini hill top w water in front, so does that equate to gd fengshui?

fiyo, did you get a 3/4/5 br at archi? Agent got dig into own pocket for some rebate for you?

I agree w u for FV. Archi is perch on a mini hill top w water in front, so does that equate to gd fengshui?

3 bedder pool side. Not much choice already cos just buy last month and most units already gone.

I don't think agent gave us any extra discount. Discounts are as per usual like most developments now. Remember got a 3% stamp duty rebate...then got a lucky draw which will also come as a form of rebate later.

This agent quite lucky cos we were already set on buying when we got in touch with him. Maybe only spoke to him 3-4 times and the day we met him, we commit already since from junior to senior also love that place. Mom will move in and we just go over for weekends. When kids older, we retire there.

3 bedder pool side. Not much choice already cos just buy last month and most units already gone.

I don't think agent gave us any extra discount. Discounts are as per usual like most developments now. Remember got a 3% stamp duty rebate...then got a lucky draw which will also come as a form of rebate later.

This agent quite lucky cos we were already set on buying when we got in touch with him. Maybe only spoke to him 3-4 times and the day we met him, we commit already since from junior to senior also love that place. Mom will move in and we just go over for weekends. When kids older, we retire there.
    excellent choice ... it really gives a retirement village feeling

I heard house below road level is bad fengshui. On top of hill also bad fengshui cos nothing to help block your bad luck. Next to places of worship or cemetery also no good.

excellent choice ... it really gives a retirement village feeling
    Nice, I think maybe after this and belvia top, there will be a pool of retirees doing qigong by the park!

Actually FV is not in a valley... It's built on sloping land which means one end is higher than the other... But by no means the lowest point.. Which is the definition of valley...

The houses in near the primary school are on even lower land than FV.