Thread: Refuse Removal Fee

Default Refuse Removal Fee

Refuse removal cost seems rather significant @ $15pm! May I know how much you guys pay?

In land-scarce Singapore, all incinerable refuse is burnt at the four incineration plants and the incineration ash, along with the non-incinerable refuse such as construction debris, is disposed of at the Semakau Landfill. Waste disposal facilities such as incineration plants and the offshore landfill are very expensive to build and operate.

There are currently four appointed Public Waste Collectors (PWCs) operating in Singapore. (SembWaste Pte Ltd, Veolia ES Singapore Pte Ltd, Colex Holdings Ltd, and 800 Super Waste Management Pte Ltd). The refuse removal fee is collected on behalf of the designated PWC for your estate. Refuse removal fee vary depending on the type of premises and the geographical location. This fee is applicable to all unless you are occupying a non-residential premises and you have an existing contract with any of the PWCs. The National Environment Agency (NEA) has overall responsibility for the planning, development and management of solid waste disposal facilities and operations in Singapore.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

S$9.50... you produce lots of rubbish izit?...

Same, 15 per mth

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    No leh. Mine considered small private project (70 over units only) and is by SembWaste... But we do have dedicated recycling bins for paper, glass etc - dont tell me those add to the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Same, 15 per mth
    Ah! Ikan and Alan - yours landed?

Mine condo lah... but Veolia ...heya.. $5 only just close 1 eye lah...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

could be due to... SembWaste is a GLC that carrot head you jialat jialat... mc should be able to switch to other companies after take over

one of my industrial space...
    - after top was SembWaste, they charge $40+ per unit, through sp services billing.... so monthly they collected about $10K+ for whole building,
    - after took over mc, mc feedup and engaged private refuse collector,... same type of service,... but per month as $1k+ for whole building,... amount is so small that just absorbed into mcst and removed from everybody's sp services bill...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    No leh. Mine considered small private project (70 over units only) and is by SembWaste... But we do have dedicated recycling bins for paper, glass etc - dont tell me those add to the cost?
    It's bundled in. Recycling is a net cost at e moment. But at $15x70 units = $1000 per month for whole condo. Good money but that's assuming Sembcorp can win e next tender. If not capital cost cannot recover. Other companies have prob recovered their capital cost n charge lower.

Flat rate... Throw more rubbish lor..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

could be due to... SembWaste is a GLC that carrot head you jialat jialat... mc should be able to switch to other companies after take over mcst

don think decide by mc but is based on district and area

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    don think decide by mc but is based on district and area
    I think e more landed e area, e more expensive bcoz of low efficiency in collection due to narrow roads n low housing density.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

could be due to... SembWaste is a GLC that carrot head you jialat jialat... mc should be able to switch to other companies after take over

one of my industrial space...
    - after top was SembWaste, they charge $40+ per unit, through sp services billing.... so monthly they collected about $10K+ for whole building,
    - after took over mc, mc feedup and engaged private refuse collector,... same type of service,... but per month as $1k+ for whole building,... amount is so small that just absorbed into mcst and removed from everybody's sp services bill...

Hey thanks for the tip will bring up during 1st mc meeting...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I think e more landed e area, e more expensive bcoz of low efficiency in collection due to narrow roads n low housing density.
    Wow then those GPR 1.4 TKurau, JooChiat, Kovan, congested roads sure expensive...

Ooii.. bro... $5 onli... take it easy lah... if the refuse removal service is below standard, you on ground flr will suffer the most hor...

My unit not, and no unit in this project face the bin centre... Kekeke

btw... you male or female?.. no offence.. sorry for asking... because you keep dog as pet and check details of rubbish removal charges...

me never notice my rubbish removal charges until today...

btw... you male or female?.. no offence.. sorry for asking... because you keep dog as pet and check details of rubbish removal charges...

You trying to psycho analyse me? I know 5 dollars is nothing but being 50% more expensive then the other contractors is definitely something... Beginning of the thread I also wanted to mention but forgot, that never noticed it until today.

You trying to psycho analyse me? I know 5 dollars is nothing but being 50% more expensive then the other contractors is definitely something... Beginning of the thread I also wanted to mention but forgot, that never noticed it until today.
    ok..ok.. sorry arh...

ok..ok.. sorry arh...

No no bro dont say that - you provided me useful info and thinking... Thanks ah

Is it based on floor area for landed and no. of shares for condo/apt?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Is it based on floor area for landed and no. of shares for condo/apt?
    Not sure leh, never had the chance to stay landed. Maybe landed bros can advise...

I am paying more than $15 for landed. Different condos have different refuse fees too.
    Not sure leh, never had the chance to stay landed. Maybe landed bros can advise...

landed is about $18. boutique apartments is about $8. big condos more than 100 units should be about $11 ba. But I know they vary according to the projects/houses.

Maybe you should check with your neighbor leh. Last time they charged my studio unit higher becos it was registered as a company address lor. WOAHAHAHAHAAHA

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    landed is about $18. boutique apartments is about $8. big condos more than 100 units should be about $11 ba. But I know they vary according to the projects/houses.

Maybe you should check with your neighbor leh. Last time they charged my studio unit higher becos it was registered as a company address lor. WOAHAHAHAHAAHA
    come to think of it, i think it depends ( think ONLY hor..guess nia ) on the plot size of the project leh...maybe your project bigger land area?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Landed is based on GFA, gross floor area, .. For a same plot but these a&a pay abit higher...

I thinks they tendered by area or district ...

Doesn't mean staying in bigger space means more refuse.

Ha ha asked ppl kang or bu...?
    Btw I had encountered some guys more niao then any body ...