Thread: Property with shops below on ground floor

Default Property with shops below on ground floor

Would you buy a property with shops below?

Yes, for the convenience. It will be better if it is in the next block. Then I won't have strangers and noisy kids directly downstairs. But I am one who don't mind such development tho. Most importantly, pricing. Is space at kovan like this too?

yes, but upper floors. certainly not 2nd floor.

I won't buy the 2nd floor if it is for my own stay.
    If it is for rental and the price is low, eg 10% below the market rate....then I may consider.

definitely not for own stay
    imagine if ground floor shop runs a KTV...convenient but stress as I will be partying downstairs

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    definitely not for own stay
    imagine if ground floor shop runs a KTV...convenient but stress as I will be partying downstairs
    Your house can be rented out by the hour. Good business.

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Yes, for the convenience. It will be better if it is in the next block. Then I won't have strangers and noisy kids directly downstairs. But I am one who don't mind such development tho. Most importantly, pricing. Is space at kovan like this too?
    I think suites @ Kovan is like that also...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    711 is ok what... ..cafe like starbuck also ok la...as long as not traditional coffeeshop.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Only for investment, not own stay...

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    711 is ok what... ..cafe like starbuck also ok la...as long as not traditional coffeeshop.
    Yah no coffeeshop allowed, their zi char and fried fumes exhaust will be directed outwards and upwards into your home.

Haha. Why not 2nd floor? If coffee shop or food joint even better just tie basket to rope to pay and fetch the ordered food.... Lol. If you selling in future, hang the For Sale sign can easily see including buyers with short sightedness. If you run a home business, excellent as can hang your sign or ad there. If your friend visiting, dont need to ring stupid intercom, just throw down the access card....

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    If remain as 7-11 then not so bad.
    But what if it changes hand to as you say kopi tiam?

how about places like the sail? alot of atas shop downstairs and long the link way.

I adore concepts like this leh. Like Ion Orchard also. Too bad pocket dont have that kind of depth.

Coffee shop downstairs is a bit sian i agree.

It's better if the shops are not accessible by the public but only for the residents living in the condo. Singaporeans are not that willing to trade off security/privacy with convenience.

I know some condos have difficulties going through en bloc because the residents cannot get the consent from owners of the shops.

They often have disagreement over how many shares the shop owners are entitled to. Also, if owners are occupying the shops, they may be reluctant to shift their current business elsewhere.

Kembangan Suites another one.... Just TOP. Anyone knows what kinda shops end up downstairs?

Personally dislike mixed use buildings. Prefer residential to remain exclusively private.

Prefer Southbank, shop on the ground floor with 9 level of carparks, swimming pool on the 10 level. Wet Market, hawker center beside it, shopping centre 1 station away.

Quote Originally Posted by vip
    It's better if the shops are not accessible by the public but only for the residents living in the condo. Singaporeans are not that willing to trade off security/privacy with convenience.

I know some condos have difficulties going through en bloc because the residents cannot get the consent from owners of the shops.

They often have disagreement over how many shares the shop owners are entitled to. Also, if owners are occupying the shops, they may be reluctant to shift their current business elsewhere.
    Well, if these shops are only accessible to the tenants of the condo, then they'll sure agree to vote for en bloc simply because business will be so so bad. I've seen shops inside condo development which either have to close down, change hand many many times or no choice but to open to public because business is hardly sustainable through condo patrons only...

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    Personally dislike mixed use buildings. Prefer residential to remain exclusively private.
    Same with me. They give me the Chinatown "5-foot way" feel...

Many many years later, one might get the Rochor centre feel.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Same with me. They give me the Chinatown "5-foot way" feel...
    Greenwich condo by FEO has a Greenwich village too but will that diminish the exclusive feel?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Many many years later, one might get the Rochor centre feel.
    Rochor Centre is HDB.

I think it's will be more like People's park complex or Golden Mile in 30 years' time..

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Rochor Centre is HDB.

I think it's will be more like People's park complex or Golden Mile in 30 years' time..
    Ok, you get the point essentially.