Thread: Penang properties anyone ??

Default Penang properties anyone ??

Really keen on the condos and landed there , the prices are "dirt cheap" as compared to ours . Yes , i am comparing apples to oranges, but there's really a huge potential there. Anybody bought? comments?

Default just went there

i just went to penang last week to check out the property scene. My feel is the place is very run down and i'm curious why if it has so much potential, most of the houses there still look like pre war era.

I'm also concern about the rental. Mostly rental from tourist.

Quote Originally Posted by spoon72
    Really keen on the condos and landed there , the prices are "dirt cheap" as compared to ours . Yes , i am comparing apples to oranges, but there's really a huge potential there. Anybody bought? comments?
    Last edited by tericia; 07-12-11 at 15:05. Reason: spelling

If i may quote you:

"My feel is the place is very run down and i'm curious why if it has so much potential, most of the houses there still look like pre war era."

That's the potential.....

Anyway, the so call "higher end districts" are at : pulau tikus , tanjong tokong , tanjong bungah etc.

Default Penang bridge ramp collapse: Search teams trying to get to crushed car

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...d-car-20130607

GEORGE TOWN (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Malaysian search teams are cutting through huge steel and concrete beams to get to a car crushed after an uncompleted ramp of a flyover connecting the still-under-construction second Penang bridge at Batu Maung collapsed at 7pm on Thursday.

Police said the rescue teams' bid to get closer to the car was hampered by the overlapping collapsed beams.

Friday morning traffic in the area has become congested as people headed for work to the factories in the industrial area.

Construction work was halted to facilitate investigation and the entry and exit routes to the area remain closed to all vehicles.

It is really sad. Imagine if it is a building.
    Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks
    http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...d-car-20130607

GEORGE TOWN (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Malaysian search teams are cutting through huge steel and concrete beams to get to a car crushed after an uncompleted ramp of a flyover connecting the still-under-construction second Penang bridge at Batu Maung collapsed at 7pm on Thursday.

Police said the rescue teams' bid to get closer to the car was hampered by the overlapping collapsed beams.

Friday morning traffic in the area has become congested as people headed for work to the factories in the industrial area.

Construction work was halted to facilitate investigation and the entry and exit routes to the area remain closed to all vehicles.

...btw landed there must be $2M RM above for foreigners to purchase....

Please take the risk factor into account when considering to buy into very tall buildings in JB. 2 storey landed already got flaws, I can't imagine skyscrapers.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Please take the risk factor into account when considering to buy into very tall buildings in JB. 2 storey landed already got flaws, I can't imagine skyscrapers.
    To be fair, there are good development, I have relative who owns a unit at Paragon Gurney, pretty solid with tight security....basement carpark has sealed entrance that resembles transformer kind of entrance/exit...built looks solid, nice gym like those commercial gym here with high ceilings and full height windows for the views....but the pool not quite up to expectation for a premium development.

Defects are always present in buildings. It depends on the types: Major or Minor?
    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Defects are always present in buildings. It depends on the types: Major or Minor?
    Not e structural type since my direct experience is only two storey landed n skyscrapers don't exist yet in JB. But they r sufficiently serious to make me wonder who is checking on e quality of e buildings. Note there is no BCA to check e construction against design. Developers can change e design halfway or do a poor job n get away w it. My JB house can have serious rain seepage at windows (now fixed) n surface cracks on non-structural walls (now fixed too) n yet can TOP/VP. Even though I recommend getting a weekend or retirement house in JB, pls do ur due diligence.