Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: new cooling measures effective 8dec 2011

1. Would this affect CCR more than OCR ?
    2. Would this kill MMs or 1br? Since buying 4 MMs will get hit more compared to buying 2 X 2brs
    3. Would this encourage ppl to sell first then buy ... mmm
    Ride at your own risk !!!

This means Euro coming out with QE and US coming out with QE3 liao. The measure is to stem the flood of funds into SG. People who want to sell out will also think twice coz there might of opp cost to buy or replace their unit.

if i already own one hdb and one pvt, still considered two right?

they don't want foreigners to buy and leave empty on our precious land.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Not only to stop foreigners. To discourage pty as an investment as a whole

.... and new sales should be affected even more: since it's not built, almost every buyer is buying a 2nd pty or more. PRs, or citizens marrying PRs will have less incentive to buy new sales.

Bad policy ! To stop the foreigner and protect the bank, u can always say foreigner no loan. If foreigners put full cash in SG, it's good for SG !

And did I read correctly, HDB exempted ? So the high resale HDB prices will not be affected ? that's what ppl really want !

KBW, I'm very disappointed at you ! HK does better: it just simply refuses loan to foreigners!

Not only to stop foreigners. To discourage pty as an investment as a whole

.... and new sales should be affected even more: since it's not built, almost every buyer is buying a 2nd pty or more. PRs, or citizens marrying PRs will have less incentive to buy new sales.

Bad policy ! To stop the foreigner and protect the bank, u can always say foreigner no loan. If foreigners put full cash in SG, it's good for SG !

And did I read correctly, HDB exempted ? So the high resale HDB prices will not be affected ? that's what ppl really want !

KBW, I'm very disappointed at you ! HK does better: it just simply refuses loan to foreigners!
    Now very confused.....I tot for one moment it was a good move.
    Now that you mentioned about the HDB.....
    I don't know what to say!

The other question is that - if SG couple own HDB but has 1 private property, if buy 2nd private property, will not be affected, right?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    2. Would this kill MMs or 1br? Since buying 4 MMs will get hit more compared to buying 2 X 2brs
    The 10% should affect CCR more... Rich foreigners buy CCRs. In the last month I knew for a fact many PRCs bought d9/10 pties. This pushes up the CCR prices.

But the additional 3% thing should affect across the board. All private upgraders involving PR is affected.

GE effect. Now PAP can claim another citizen advantage.

means kill 2 (or more?) birds with one stone? good policy!

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    consider as 2, ruling is on number of homes, dun care is hdb or private

pl all post to this thread

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=12486&page=4

rather to have two threads on the same subject

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    The other question is that - if SG couple own HDB but has 1 private property, if buy 2nd private property, will not be affected, right?
    will be affected

i think there will be more mm, like what Laguna said developers absorb 3% is abt 21k for 700k unit. Lose 3% margin better than price falling off 10%.

So will these cooling measures divert investors to commercial and industrial properties?

Check out
    http://app.mnd.gov.sg/Newsroom/NewsP...11&RA1&RA2&RA3

They say residential property..so I guess 1 hdb+1 private or 2 private kena

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Now very confused.....I tot for one moment it was a good move.
    Now that you mentioned about the HDB.....
    I don't know what to say!

OCR gap with RCR will close up. Heartlands are given alot of emphasis to win citizens. OCR price cannot be shaken too much, OCR and HDB is the floor, the rest levitating will need to respect law of gravity to some extent. It's good, such measure won't induce too much panic selling.

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    consider as 2, ruling is on number of homes, dun care is hdb or private
    OMG !

But thanks, taggy.
    Must let my SPR SIL know about this.

Indeed, for them to put up a wall that high means that they are anticipating a huge flood of liquidity coming our way. There is likely insider news on the measures which will be announced this EU summit. Geithner's visit to Europe may also signal another set of coordinated measures.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    This means Euro coming out with QE and US coming out with QE3 liao. The measure is to stem the flood of funds into SG. People who want to sell out will also think twice coz there might of opp cost to buy or replace their unit.

i like this....

The Government will continue to monitor the property market and adjust our property policies in step with changes in the market and the economy. Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, said, “We have always had open markets and must keep them that way. However, the reality is that investment flows into our property market are now larger than before, and unlikely to recede as long as interest rates remain low. The additional buyer’s stamp duty should help cool investment demand, and avoid the prospect of a major, destabilising correction further down the road.”

well said....

Waiting for down time to buy 3rd property or 4th property will come at an additional cost liao!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    they don't want foreigners to buy and leave empty on our precious land.
    Insufficient land is an excuse when marketing by developers . The entire OCR has hundreds of thousands of acres of land available. We have not even reached the density of HK Kowloon area.

If a foreigner places his asset in full no leverage in SG, this is the wealth we should attract ! Do we want to be the Switzerland of the east or not ? Fix asset is usually the 1st step. With a house, the other assets will follow.

I just feel MAS is worry about the massive liquidity and is doing a preemptive move.

tommorow morning PROPERTY STOCKS DIE ahhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    i like this....

The Government will continue to monitor the property market and adjust our property policies in step with changes in the market and the economy. Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, said, “We have always had open markets and must keep them that way. However, the reality is that investment flows into our property market are now larger than before, and unlikely to recede as long as interest rates remain low. The additional buyer’s stamp duty should help cool investment demand, and avoid the prospect of a major, destabilising correction further down the road.”

well said....
    Ditto.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scary
    So will these cooling measures divert investors to commercial and industrial properties?
    commercial and industrial properties look more attractive now.

The previous concern on commercial industrial investments was the GST imposed. With this additional stamp duty, the difference is disappearing.....

So now SSD and BSD will be that double edged sword that slay investors! Why 3rd property? Is this a magical number?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Waiting for down time to buy 3rd property or 4th property will come at an additional cost liao!
    bro two is enough one to stay one to rent...

thats why people got TWO wife one to cook for you and one to play with you...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    hdb is still residential property, so i guess yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    my analysis
    1. The 3% is not that stiff for the PR and SC, the sellers or developers can absord that easily
    2. foreign interest will definitely drop.
    3. market will be very quite.....property agents...jobless...

So, next, where will the China buyers go to now? A place with growth, and not much of taxes. My guess
    1. London Prime (zone 1)
    2. US prime (SF Bay and NY)

For Asia, where the money goes to...I think should be Malaysia...the only cooling measure is the capital gain up by another 5% this year....and the prices are still so cheap...

My Malaysia property tour starts tomorrow....
    SGP may still be attractive when compared to London & US, there's no capital gain tax + other taxes. Except you pay up-front first.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    So now SSD and BSD will be that double edged sword that slay investors! Why 3rd property? Is this a magical number?
    bite cherry twice mah.... like HDB...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Wahhhhh! The nails hit into coffin already! Property prices to drop 50%???
    do i hear MR B...

If a foreigner places his asset in full no leverage in SG, this is the wealth we should attract ! Do we want to be the Switzerland of the east or not ? Fix asset is usually the 1st step. With a house, the other assets will follow.

I just feel MAS is worry about the massive liquidity and is doing a preemptive move.
    Sentosa first to freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    SGP may still be attractive when compared to London & US, there's no capital gain tax + other taxes. Except you pay up-front first.
    Yep. In Australia, the 50% of the capital gains is tax at your income tax rate for the year.