Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: new cooling measures effective 8dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    commercial and industrial properties look more attractive now.

The previous concern on commercial industrial investments was the GST imposed. With this additional stamp duty, the difference is disappearing.....
    Well, I guess commercial/industrial properties may now be the next better alternative to hedge against inflation without having to be entangled in those cooling measures imposed in residential properties.
    Last edited by Scary; 07-12-11 at 20:54.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    Sentosa first to freeze.
    I agree....very hard to defrost.

Why the contradiction? Tot our lovely govt insists that Singapore remain the number 1 investment destination in the world? Why now slap ourselves? Or they have a potential follow up move?

Furthermore, our dear Mr KBW said the Jan CM has achieved its desired result but now come out with another stance?

pl all post to this thread

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=12486&page=4

rather to have two threads on the same subject

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Why the contradiction? Tot our lovely govt insists that Singapore remain the number 1 investment destination in the world? Why now slap ourselves? Or they have a potential follow up move?

Furthermore, our dear Mr KBW said the Jan CM has achieved its desired result but now come out with another stance?
    think they are concerned with the increasing number of foreign buyers.

Those with 2 or more properties must now consider how much fall in property prices before splurging on the next property.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    But these foreigners cannot buy HDB, so imposing these CM will not help in HDB prices.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Stupid crappyland spoil market...
    as usual...

This measure is to win votes and to stem what is to happen very soon on the worldwide stage, I.e. QE and more QE. There will be more activities in the heartlands to make people happy as the economy grows gloomy.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    But these foreigners cannot buy HDB, so imposing these CM will not help in HDB prices.
    theoretically it does, albeit after some time. As hdb pricing is based on market pricing, if pte ppty prices do stall, hdb resale prices will not continue to climb.

Basically they are collecting protection money....We are AAA, park your money here in properties.

Govt's tactical move to ensure that property prices will not rise further for now so that when recession eventually hits our shores, the drop in our property prices will not be so much as to cause an unncessary rise in the numbers of bodies in Bedok Reservoir!

The Measure will make alot of Singaporean landlords happy, foreigners gotta rent from Singaporeans as additional stamp duty will deter them from buying.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    This measure is to win votes and to stem what is to happen very soon on the worldwide stage, I.e. QE and more QE. There will be more activities in the heartlands to make people happy as the economy grows gloomy.
    They are certainly losing the votes of local investors who desires for the 3rd and subsequent properties. Well, I suppose this number is small enough for govt to give up in exchange for the many others they probably might gain coz property prices start to come down...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I believe the contrary: the measure will kill most foreigners buying OCR properties! With OCR at record high, & supposed to cater to HDB up graders, heard most Chinamen are buying the OCR for speculation. Imagine Citizen buy Bedok Residence at $1350 psf which is already record high price, PR pay 3% more, foreigners pay 10% more! Foreigners how to make money when they sell?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    The 10% should affect CCR more... Rich foreigners buy CCRs. In the last month I knew for a fact many PRCs bought d9/10 pties. This pushes up the CCR prices.

But the additional 3% thing should affect across the board. All private upgraders involving PR is affected.

GE effect. Now PAP can claim another citizen advantage.

They are certainly losing the votes of local investors who desires for the 3rd and subsequent properties. Well, I suppose this number is small enough for govt to give up in exchange for the many others they probably might gain coz property prices start to come down...
    the silent majority own properties in Sg...be it HDB or private

Developers spoil mkt with their PRC tour group. Once they touched mass mkt pty , you know they are looking for trouble.....

The Measure will make alot of Singaporean landlords happy, foreigners gotta rent from Singaporeans as additional stamp duty will deter them from buying.
    yah hor...

the ones here for short term will not even consider.

those longer term ones may still bite.

Its time to consider how else to use the cash which has been saved up for the 3rd or subsequent properties... Lol!

It certainly makes the much anticipated Bishan launch much more interesting to watch...

These foreigners can apply for PR.
    But I guess now, it is less easy to get PR.

Its time to consider how else to use the cash which has been saved up for the 3rd or subsequent properties... Lol!
    What is 3% to you. I am assuming you're S'porean or PR.

tomorrow will 2X my position in SMRT, no way to park $$ liao
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by august
    Then don't disturb the equilibrium for the locals which has been achieved through the Jan CM...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

High HDB resale prices? Ok! Don't need ABSD.
    High private property prices? Not Ok! Must have ABSD!
    That is the message I am getting From MND & KBW.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Not only to stop foreigners. To discourage pty as an investment as a whole

.... and new sales should be affected even more: since it's not built, almost every buyer is buying a 2nd pty or more. PRs, or citizens marrying PRs will have less incentive to buy new sales.

Bad policy ! To stop the foreigner and protect the bank, u can always say foreigner no loan. If foreigners put full cash in SG, it's good for SG !

And did I read correctly, HDB exempted ? So the high resale HDB prices will not be affected ? that's what ppl really want !

KBW, I'm very disappointed at you ! HK does better: it just simply refuses loan to foreigners!

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    the silent majority own properties in Sg...be it HDB or private
    the silent majority owns 1 property in sgp.

still have 1 extra to be get duty-free. still happy with PAP for cooling market.

the vocal minority (in this forum) already has >2 property... that's why this thread is so active....

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    High private property prices? Not Ok! Must have ABSD!
    That is the message I am getting From MND & KBW.
    Huh... tot the properties include both HDB and PC?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I have a feeling KBW has something up his sleeve for this segment.

Quote Originally Posted by avo7007
    I have a feeling KBW has something up his sleeve for this segment.
    with increasing of bto, make it cheaper and attractive

Quote Originally Posted by avo7007
    What is 3% to you. I am assuming you're S'porean or PR.
    Thank you for seeing me so up... Lol... no lah.. its just the thought that govt is simply making the most profit from all these measures aimed at helping the people. They happily take earnings on the pretext of helping others... Maybe after another 6 months when things settle down again, another trick, I meant measure, will emerge to cool prices further?

This is similar to the saga with the recent taxi fare hike again! Comfort Delgro says they need to consider the welfare of their drivers' income so they push the responsibilities of looking after their income onto the commuters. If they're really concern, they should cut their rental cost for their taxis also, so that responsibility of looking after the welfare of the drivers is shared between both the employers and the commuters. Same logic?