Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate number for S$

Junior

User Info Menu

Default Duplicate number for S$

Anybody ever come across duplicate numbers for our S$2. Two S$2 with the same numbers but different alphabets.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Anybody ever come across duplicate numbers for our S$2. Two S$2 with the same numbers but different alphabets.
    Never come across. But kept a $10 note serial no 988889, for good luck

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Never come across. But kept a $10 note serial no 988889, for good luck
    I have a stack of S$2 notes with duplicate numbers but different alphabets. I got it few years back when I went to the bank to change for CNY, till now I still keep it.

Wonder whether MAS want to change with me or not at a higher value, huat ah.

Perennial

User Info Menu

Maybe they will charge u for printing counterfeit money!

I'm sexy and I know it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    I have a stack of S$2 notes with duplicate numbers but different alphabets. I got it few years back when I went to the bank to change for CNY, till now I still keep it.

Wonder whether MAS want to change with me or not at a higher value, huat ah.
    i find this thread very funny...i mean, i didn't know people actually look at serial nos!!! maybe you shld post this question in some money hobbyist forum then they can advise you better? the money i see everyday is electronic money...hahahaha

Perennial

User Info Menu

I think you should maintain that stack in mint condition, wait till the notes are no longer in print. After that, can auction off Or can try to find forum with collectors and ask them about it.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    i find this thread very funny...i mean, i didn't know people actually look at serial nos!!! maybe you shld post this question in some money hobbyist forum then they can advise you better? the money i see everyday is electronic money...hahahaha
    Actually some notes have very nice numbers. Just like jwong71, his/her $10 notes serial number is very nice too. I have one that has the same number as my IC.

I change it for my CNY Hong Pao. Normally I will look at the numbers before I put it inside the red packets just in case they stick together. I found that our plastic dollars notes not so good, if there is a slight tear on the notes, and if by accident, you pull it, it can easily tear into half and also sticky, always seems to stick together especially new notes.
    Last edited by irisng; 12th December 2011 at 09:40 PM.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    Maybe they will charge u for printing counterfeit money!
    Haha, I'm not afraid, mine is genuine S$, 真金不怕火. They can always check on it.

User Info Menu

See the difference?

Attachment 3092

Junior

User Info Menu

I hv an orchid series, $5 with 777777, kept for almost 40+ years

and two $50 notes with 177088, same number. These two come in a stack of bew $50, quite surprised to find these two

these are some of my collections

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast