Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Hedges Park (D17, 99 Years Leasehold, Tripartite Developers Pte Ltd)

may I know which floor they are calling for the additional 10% for RC? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre
    Just got an email from my lawyer that the developer has called for the next 10%! 20% loan disbursed!

For my block, #02 had been called on end-Jan/Mar/Apr. In fact unit below mine was called end-Apr. So expect 1 month for 1 floor.

My earlier guess-timation was clearly not given much thought since it does not take into consideration of progressive calling of loan disbursement and it is not exactly based on any scientific method. But still, they are calling for the 10% RC end-May while I guess-timated to be June. Not bad for a noob haha.

If I were to assume some lead time for completion of unit + surveyor validation + documentation for calling, it is about 2-3months i.e. completed in March, call in May/June.

It is very true that the 2 scheme give very different feeling. The cool theme is modern, sharp, contemporary, and well, cool. The warm theme is soothing, comfortable, simple, and warm.

For me the cool theme looks really good. Probably what many young professionals would have liked. The black tops and walls would be "easy to maintain" (dirt can't be seen haha).

The warm theme on the other hand I thought would be more comfortable to live in. It is not so "loud" or "straight at you" demanding for you attention. Kind of the house just "fade into the background" and let you do your stuff.

No matter what each preference is, both looks good

Who has already started ideas for their reno/furnishing/etc.? Anyone has contacts for good, reliable, and fairly priced contractor/ID?

I am wanting to tear down 2 walls but was advised by my agent and a few friends to wait for at least 10mths if not the developer might not "honour" warranty defects alleging the wall hacking to contribute to the defect. Can't wait!
    I haven't gone to the showroom, but really care about the interior color. Black top? Does it mean any room with a black top? Never imaged that. Hope no more black coz more black will make the room looked smaller. Yahaha, I really like the cool toilet and the kitchen. Waiting for the bedrooms!

Quote Originally Posted by lisapanda
    I haven't gone to the showroom, but really care about the interior color. Black top? Does it mean any room with a black top? Never imaged that. Hope no more black coz more black will make the room looked smaller. Yahaha, I really like the cool toilet and the kitchen. Waiting for the bedrooms!
    You bought a unit without even visiting the showroom?
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Black top as in the kitchen top is black, the bath sink top is black. Walls, cabinets, and wardrobe are black too. Maybe not black black but greyish black.

Oh, not too sure about wardrobe. The only showroom with cool theme was the 1BR which I think did not come with a wardrobe but used the bomb shelter as a wardrobe instead?

Bro wad i can say, salute~

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield
    You bought a unit without even visiting the showroom?
    Yep,coz I'm not in Singapore, so ... But my husband has gone the showroom but with few cool scheme fotos taken. Yahaha we bought the unit too late, so no more choice for us. Coz I like panda,so everything should be black and white. Cool is my choice! I really wanna have a look at the showroom when I came to Singapore last month, but too busy, so...

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreDude
    Bro wad i can say, salute~
    I have seen the floor plan and the site plan
    . That will be ok. And also the elevation is what I like. That's enough.

Black top as in the kitchen top is black, the bath sink top is black. Walls, cabinets, and wardrobe are black too. Maybe not black black but greyish black.

Oh, not too sure about wardrobe. The only showroom with cool theme was the 1BR which I think did not come with a wardrobe but used the bomb shelter as a wardrobe instead?
    Really cool!

Another monthly update.

Some units are starting to have brick walls forming!

The floors are coming up fast and furious across all blocks!

They have now put floor numberings and can see #04 in the photo. #05 is also sort of up, and #06 is also in the process of "upping" for some units. Can't wait for #08!

Video: http://goo.gl/M2Ifa

The new showflat.

Taken from Hedges showroom carpark.

If you take a look past the reflection, you might probably see a sample "palette" on the wall. Seems like there would be 2 themes to choose from, similar to Hedges. Is this CDL/TID characteristic?

The carpark they are setting up is quite big. Much bigger than Hedges. What can we expect.

BTW, I spoke to a friend who is an architect with HDB, he shared that the zoning is strict and it is not possible to apply to have a residential rezoned as mixed development.

The showroom is still around though is closed. There're notices informing of the closure due to 100% sold status.

I managed to have the security let me in for a quick look to take some photos. Due to the rush (he keep saying his manager coming back and I need to leave) I didn't quite manage to get a good focus on the shots. Photos are less sharp than I wanted but anyway.

I thought that the sanitary fittings are "brandless" as I don't recall seeing any brand markings previously. Apparently, this is not completely true as some of the fittings do have the brand name showing. The brand is "Bravat".

Common toilet bowl.

Common bath wash basin. Didn't see any branding on the basin or the tap.

No branding seen on the toilet bowl flush buttons or the bowl itself. Maybe on the lid that is covered by the towels?

Bravat is seen on the basin and the tap.

Wonder why there are such inconsistencies or mismatch. If they are all the same brand, why the brand is not seen in all the items? One bowl has the brand, the other doesn't. One basin has the brand, the other doesn't.

The theory that the common bath uses "less premium unbranded" fittings is also not true since the common toilet bowl has the same brand.

Anyway, the masterbath toilet bowl design is different from the on in the common bath as you can already see from the flush buttons. The master toilet bowl is integrated into the wall. Not only that, it is mounted to the wall and not sitting on the floor.

Didn't manage to see the brand of the aircon, but the kitchen appliances are Electrolux.

From Bravat's website:
    Bravat is the High-end brand of kitchen and bath products owned by Roman Dietsche, a German sanitary ware provider funded at Yr.1873.
    We provide total solution for kitchen and bathroom to high-end customers with full ranges of sanitary products.
    Our R&D Centers located in Germany and China respectively. The German perfection workmanship assure Bravat always brings you a healthy and comfortable bathroom experience.
    With German quality and stylish designs, Bravat products are popular in luxury hotels and commercial constructions around the world.
    Since Yr.2000, Bravat grows steady in China. Our products are frequently recommended by designers and applied in different 5-star hotels, private clubs and high-end residential estates.
    Meanwhile, we keep improving our manufacturing technology and integrating our resources to support the brand development. It is Bravat's global strategic goal to provide customer not only excellent products but also leading lifestyle.
    Apparently Kovan Melody also uses Bravat and there's 1 good and 1 bad comment on Renotalk: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/...e-toto-bravat/

My friend who is staying in Kovan Melody who are using their product told me their mixer quite durable, still working after so long.
    i stayed in kovan for a year. bravat is the last brand i will go for. mixer leaking. mixer knob lose and few came off. shower spray leaking.

Another monthly update.

Some units are starting to have brick walls forming!

The floors are coming up fast and furious across all blocks!

They have now put floor numberings and can see #04 in the photo. #05 is also sort of up, and #06 is also in the process of "upping" for some units. Can't wait for #08!

Video: http://goo.gl/M2Ifa
    LFC, the photos are not showing.
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Was looking forward, and only hopeful, for some kind of mixed development.
    Maybe condo with a few shops will do then...

The new showflat.

Taken from Hedges showroom carpark.

If you take a look past the reflection, you might probably see a sample "palette" on the wall. Seems like there would be 2 themes to choose from, similar to Hedges. Is this CDL/TID characteristic?

The carpark they are setting up is quite big. Much bigger than Hedges. What can we expect.

BTW, I spoke to a friend who is an architect with HDB, he shared that the zoning is strict and it is not possible to apply to have a residential rezoned as mixed development.

Oops... Sorry, think the links got mesed up when I was sorting the photos into albums.

The brick walls.

The overview:

You can see that good progress had been made since the last update. Very soon we are going to be able to see all blocks sprouting above the Hedge from Upper Changi Road.

The floor numberings.

Looks alike the mixed development possibility is out as mentioned by another forumer earlier that the authority is rather sticky about the change in plan...Haizzz.. Was harbouring the same hope as you previously

Quote Originally Posted by astro
    Looks alike the mixed development possibility is out as mentioned by another forumer earlier that the authority is rather sticky about the change in plan...Haizzz.. Was harbouring the same hope as you previously

Really? then how about the following amendments that have ALREADY been made to the masterplan???? lol.

proposed amendments to masterplan 2008 land use:
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp2008/mp08_body_prop.html

approved amendments to masterplan 2008 land use:
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp2008/mp08_body_app.html

for the unaware, approval has been given to change the lot next to tanah merah mrt from 'mixed-use development' to 'residential with shops on ground floor'. lol

not to mention masterplan 2013 is due by end of this year, which means More amendments still.

but of course, before we see a 'mixed development' or 'residential with shops on ground floor' along flora drive, we will see an amendment to the masterplan beforehand.

since the new condo seems ready to launch in a month, and there's no amendment announcement, we can assume the upcoming condo is without any commercial units. but then, since the showflat as well as workers' housing are sitting on the whole long strip of freehold land fronting the road, which we speculate may be part-commercial, we may also assume that the condo development about to be launched is NOT going to be built on this occupied land, but rather on the land where hedges park showroom is - which incidentally is going to be torn down.

so it is still anyone's guess what that strip of land fronting flora drive will become. we might see the proposed amendment appearing before that strip of land becomes developed into part-commercial. a little hope, so fingers-crossed.

btw nobody wonders why the land is divided in such an 'ugly' and odd manner - a narrow strip and 2 very irregular pieces of land? in fact, it's very disadvantageous for the narrow strip, as all units built on the strip will be directly west-facing! so why portion it out like that? unless they have street-fronting shops?

also, as i posted earlier, there is an extremely wide pedestrian walkway from flora road leading all the way to that strip of land, and ending there. it's obviously meant for road expansion. so why that extra-wide pedestrian path only for that section of flora area, and leading only to that location, and no where else?

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    for the unaware, approval has been given to change the lot next to tanah merah mrt from 'mixed-use development' to 'residential with shops on ground floor'. lol
    This is interesting. Urban Vista was marketed on the fact that it's next to a 'commercial' hub. Now a residential with shops on ground floor is very different from a full fledged shopping centre!
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Default Expected Resale for Hedges

The Gale had very few resale this year but high psf and not sure in coming two years new projects on Flora can mainatin the 1000+ psf mark.

Hedges 100% sold.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    Hedges 100% sold.
    yes 100% sold since 3 weeks ago.

i saw a poster outside the site advertising this, as well as another that says something 'exciting is coming your way', which i assume means the new condo is going to be launched soon.

yes 100% sold since 3 weeks ago.

i saw a poster outside the site advertising this, as well as another that says something 'exciting is coming your way', which i assume means the new condo is going to be launched soon.
    Ya, looking forward to this new project, how exciting can it be (with some shops will be real excitment). L999 or FH, if price is right worth to take a look.

I passed across flora and stepped down near Hedges and carefully looked at the "Excitement coming your way". The hoarding was in purple color and well assimilated with Hedges hoarding in same color and was three times repeated along the Hedges hoarding. Tome and my wife it seemed like the original Hedges advert & not any new advert.

I may be wrong but to us it did not seem as advert for a new project!!...

Best rgds, Gull

Any hedges park 8th floor buyers here interested in covering up the top of their balcony. Trying to see if there are enough people, so I can setup a proposal to mcst when the place is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by loonsy
    Any hedges park 8th floor buyers here interested in covering up the top of their balcony. Trying to see if there are enough people, so I can setup a proposal to mcst when the place is ready.
    Hi Loonsy, yes, count me in. I'm keen to have a proper cover up for my unit. Otherwise, my wife wants to get those big Starbucks alike umbrella at the balcony.

Seeking more support from 8th floor units' owners.

Cheers,

Plz count me,btw how much does it cost roughly?any idea?

List for buyers wanting 8th Floor Balcony cover up.

1. loonsy
    2. EK@East
    3. Hardcoredude

1. loonsy
    2. EK@East
    3. Hardcoredude
    if u r keen, u will first need to be aware of the ruling on balconies and gfa (gross floor area):
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text...ahb_d0e180.htm

for each piece of land, developers are restricted by ura to build up to a certain floor area that is sale-able, called the gfa. hedges park has a site area of 30,678.7 m2, plot ratio of 1.4 and a gfa of 42,951 m2 (site area x plot ratio).

however, uncovered roof terraces and balconies are not counted as part of gfa. what's important to note is that if the balconies or roof terraces are covered, they become counted as part of gfa, and that will cause the gfa to exceed what is allowed on the piece on land, especially since the developer would have built to the maximum allowed gfa to maximise profits. that will go against the law.

hence, before even applying for approval from the condo management to build shelters, you will need to find out if the developer has already maximised gfa. personally i don't see why they wouldn't. and if they have, building shelters over balconies will be out of the question as it will be against the law.

hope this helps.

if u r keen, u will first need to be aware of the ruling on balconies and gfa (gross floor area):
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text...ahb_d0e180.htm

for each piece of land, developers are restricted by ura to build up to a certain floor area that is sale-able, called the gfa. hedges park has a site area of 30,678.7 m2, plot ratio of 1.4 and a gfa of 42,951 m2 (site area x plot ratio).

however, uncovered roof terraces and balconies are not counted as part of gfa. what's important to note is that if the balconies or roof terraces are covered, they become counted as part of gfa, and that will cause the gfa to exceed what is allowed on the piece on land, especially since the developer would have built to the maximum allowed gfa to maximise profits. that will go against the law.

hence, before even applying for approval from the condo management to build shelters, you will need to find out if the developer has already maximised gfa. personally i don't see why they wouldn't. and if they have, building shelters over balconies will be out of the question as it will be against the law.

hope this helps.
    Thank you for your information Gav, i think we still need to try first,coz no try=zero chance, i actually saw some units of other project who installed such glass shelter to their uncovered balcony, if the above you mentioned applies to all those open balcony units and projects, they should't be able to do that,unless its illegal, so maybe hope is till there, its just not that big,haha

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreDude
    Thank you for your information Gav, i think we still need to try first,coz no try=zero chance, i actually saw some units of other project who installed such glass shelter to their uncovered balcony, if the above you mentioned applies to all those open balcony units and projects, they should't be able to do that,unless its illegal, so maybe hope is till there, its just not that big,haha
    ur welcome. 3 possibilities for their success in installing the shelters:
    1) the condo developments are older ones which do no fall under the newer ura ruling on balconies and open terraces
    2) developer did not maximise gfa
    3) it is illegal and subject to penalties and/or legal action if found out

yup can request. the management will revert back to the architect firm, which will have all the building rules to determine it's feasibility.

i think a standardized, unobtrusive, clear-glass overhang should look ok, if allowed. gd luck!

1. loonsy
    2. EK@East
    3. Hardcoredude
    4. Leftfield
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!