Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5101520253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1253

Thread: Hedges Park (D17, 99 Years Leasehold, Tripartite Developers Pte Ltd)

Quote Originally Posted by nchung View Post
    Thanks. Check these out too. I found them online. Might be more relevant for condos :-)

http://www.propertylogy.com/knowledg...watch-out-for/

http://thirteen-thirty-livia.blogspo...ects-list.html

Happy reading!
    Hi Guys....
    I am new here and collecting my keys next Tuesday.....Woah....what happened at The Livia is scary!!! So many defects!! Did not know they control the main door gate design too......Is it the same for HP too?

I also read about the $500 refundable deposit for moving in.
    How much is HP's?

For those who collected their keys already, how many access cards are we given?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by woodlanbear View Post
    Hi Guys....
    I am new here and collecting my keys next Tuesday.....Woah....what happened at The Livia is scary!!! So many defects!! Did not know they control the main door gate design too......Is it the same for HP too?

I also read about the $500 refundable deposit for moving in.
    How much is HP's?

For those who collected their keys already, how many access cards are we given?
    Thanks!
    Most condo management specify the design for gates and grilles. Not just for Livia. As for the $500 deposit I think it is for renovation of apt, in case the contractor damages anything in the premise. It is refundable once reno is completed and nothing is damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by coolpica View Post
    Most condo management specify the design for gates and grilles. Not just for Livia. As for the $500 deposit I think it is for renovation of apt, in case the contractor damages anything in the premise. It is refundable once reno is completed and nothing is damaged.
    Ah I see....Thanks for the info

I am soo excited!!! Can't wait to collect my keys!! Yay!!!

Ok, went to collect my keys this morning. Deposit for reno and moving in is $2000 each, refundable.

Hi Lads, any more photo updates ☺️

Any cool scheme photo will be great. Most of the photos seem to be warm scheme.

Thanks.

My unit has the similar "lines" or "grains" across the bathroom tiles too. This was not seen in the showroom right? Is this a defect?

Default Is there a box-up behind the air con in living room?

I have attached a photo taken in the showroom (top photo in attachment) and another of a actual unit showing the air con in the living room. In the showroom, there is no box-up behind the air con. The wall that the air con is fixed on is nicely flushed with the rest of the wall. In the actual unit, there is a box-up behind the air con. Is that the same for every unit?

Air Con.jpg

Thanks.

I'm on the warm theme. Didn't quite notice the black grains until favfuchsia mentioned. Too excited about other things.

I have the same black grains but it's not too widespread. I'm not too upset by it. Didn't get the cheap feeling and instead I liked the theme.

I don't have too many bad things to say except that the main con didn't exercise took much care in the installation or their work. Considerable scratches and dings and dangs. I have about 20 defects on the main door. 2 highly visible and deep scratches at eye level and numerous elsewhere.

A few long scratches on the kitchen cabinets though not deep.

Parquet in the master has quite a number of bad finishing. I think I'm getting them to redo the whole room.

The balcony grout is quite bad especially on the skirting just below the doors. They are only half filled. Not half depth but half length. A few tiles are not even. Perhaps 1mm adjacent height difference.

A couple chipped bathroom for and wall tiles.

Otherwise not much damage. Cleaning and polishing should resolve the issues, albeit needs to be find by the main con since thinner or other cleaning shirts are needed for the task.

I ran the Air con for about 30 hours. No issues except once one of the Air con I suspect turned off by itself although I could turn it on later and no subsequent recurrence in the next 10hr+. Perhaps nothing to worry about. Anyone encountered similar issue?

My water supply had not been turned on yet so I brought 1.5L pet bottles to pour down the basins and drainage. No noticeable choking so hopefully no issues.

For those who would like to test the SSO can get one of this. Should be available in those discount shops. Got mine at marine parade.

As for the Air con box up think it is necessary in order to run the piping and all? Showroom air con are for display and not functional.

The bigger issue is the non flushed drop ceiling. Need to ask my contractor how to hide that since I'm not doing any Reno at that area.

Frankly, the amount of waiting and delayed time for the TOP, and we get so many defects, it is terribly disappointing.

Very true.. We are only getting our keys much later.. Any kind soul pls take more pictures for the rest of us 😔
    Anyone knows of a good lighting shop and good place to get our curtains ..
    I went to the furniture park at sungei kadut .. It's rather far but there were plenty of choices ..

Recommendations and “referers”

Painter, Ah Pin 82683113

Plasterceiling work, Alpha PlasterCeil, Sim Kai Jun 8481 8118

Brilliant Source Lighting www.brilliantsourcelighting.com, e

8 LEDS for ard $150 –

LED Eco Lighting (Downlights $6-20, tracklights from $18, cash only), 96392427 –

$10 per light installation, Hong 97783222 –

Light installation, false ceiling, painting, carpentry and etc, Angela Seoh 94564955 –

False ceiling and electrical works, David Lim 9665 0329 –

Lights for tv console/panel, Chan Huat Lighting balestier, (look for James) –

Crestar fans, Joyce Teo 91993868 -

Fans (KDK ~$88, Relite ~$129), Extreme Lighting Pte Ltd, Alex Lim 96327117 –

Lee Curtain House, Karen Luo 93635394 –

MinistryofCurtains, Lorraine Tan 97997955 –

Home Classic, Moses 92444012 –

Aevea Curtain and Blinds, Eric Koh 97990744 –

Golden Leaf Curtain Centre, Mdm Mike Koh 81883204 –

Curtain shop at Kovan, Esther 96331355 –

Curtains, Sam Oh 83333939 –

Curtains & blinds, J&B (Johor Bahru) Mr Yong –

Family Curtain Enterprise, David Yeoh 82373874 –

Window films (vkool $12 per psf w/o gst, hyper and llumar) –

Shieldshade http://shieldshade.com/ -

Vkool, Vincent Lee at 97800828 –

Decking, SupremeFloors, Kenny Teo 92487880 –

Decking, Calvary Carpentry, Reuben 90297044, approx. $25-29 psf real timber, Merbau wood at $22.80

psf. –

KS Auto Laundry System, Winson 91094977 –

EzziLiving Laundry System, Pann 96916580 -

Bidet sprays, Toh Soi Khuan 9853 7797 –

Good pricing plumber for toilet accessories, Don (PM Katherine for contact) –

Floor Xperts $18-20 psf fake timber

Electrical appliances Goh Ah Bee 6280 3962 / 6288 8611

http://www.castlery.com

http://www.fortytwo.sg

http://www.museathome.net

For budgeting purposes

Hack walls approx. $400-$900

If you haven’t yet determined to what extent you are renovating, a good estimate is to set aside at least

$100 per sqf, area wise. The cost varies according to factors like your design, requirements and materials

used. However, don’t forget the other components such as loose furniture, soft furnishings, lighting fixtures,

window treatments, electrical appliances and sanitary ware and fittings.

Anyone having rust strain on the balcony metal frame? Seems to be quite a common problem as evident on the ground floor unit balcony. How will the developer rectify the rust issue permanently? Seems strange that they will use material that is prone to rust for the balcony. Speaking of which, is the rust issue also evident in toilet for those who had their keys?

Thanks !

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by akhran View Post
    Anyone having rust strain on the balcony metal frame? Seems to be quite a common problem as evident on the ground floor unit balcony. How will the developer rectify the rust issue permanently? Seems strange that they will use material that is prone to rust for the balcony. Speaking of which, is the rust issue also evident in toilet for those who had their keys?

Thanks !
    Yes apparently it is a prevalent problem for most units. I have seen workers using a grinding machine (unsure if I use the correct term) to 'grind' off the rust and wiping the railings. I don't have rust in my toilets.
    on the same note, walked around the estate this afternoon and found many litter, such as plastic bags and bottles on the grounds.

Anyone has any idea when is the next batch of release of the notice of vacant possession?

Important for those installing blinds - the condo has specified the color. Please go to the management office for the color sample and recommended contractor. The color is light grey.

Btw the gym equipment are (mostly?) temporary until the new ones arrive. The management told me there will be free weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jopeki View Post
    Anyone has any idea when is the next batch of release of the notice of vacant possession?
    This week 2nd batch letter will be release. Developer confirm that.

Quick question to those who have collected their keys. How long does it take for the lawyer to sort out with the bank for the 25% progressive payment?
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield View Post
    Quick question to those who have collected their keys. How long does it take for the lawyer to sort out with the bank for the 25% progressive payment?
    The bank will need 5 to 7 full working days to disburse the 25% payment. Once done, your lawyer will likely issue a cashier order to the developer's lawyer, which needs 2-3 days. From then on, u can call the developer for key collection.

My bank needs 5 working days. On the last working day, the cashier's prefer with only be released at 5 pm. My lawyer was waiting along with other lawyers in Q to collect the order. The order would only be delivered they next morning unless you can get Tripartite to edit and have your lawyer expedite Delivery by say 6?

Otherwise you can pay $100 to the bank for expedited payment.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightcentre View Post
    My bank needs 5 working days. On the last working day, the cashier's prefer with only be released at 5 pm. My lawyer was waiting along with other lawyers in Q to collect the order. The order would only be delivered they next morning unless you can get Tripartite to edit and have your lawyer expedite Delivery by say 6?

Otherwise you can pay $100 to the bank for expedited payment.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpica View Post
    The bank will need 5 to 7 full working days to disburse the 25% payment. Once done, your lawyer will likely issue a cashier order to the developer's lawyer, which needs 2-3 days. From then on, u can call the developer for key collection.
    Thanks for the info guys. So we are looking at about one to one and a half weeks before an appointment can be made.
    树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。
    树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Thanks for the info guys. So we are looking at about one to one and a half weeks before an appointment can be made.

Thank you neighbours for sharing information.

I am in total despair. I have lost count on the number of times I have chased the developer and even my own lawyers to give me an idea of how long this process will take as I really need to plan ahead, book leave, book flights to come home to Singapore. No one was able or willing to give me any information.

One week ago, the developer said notice of vacant possession for my block (87) would be 10 March. I haven't heard anything from the lawyers. Has anyone received any notification today?

Quote Originally Posted by anxious owner View Post

I am in total despair. I have lost count on the number of times I have chased the developer and even my own lawyers to give me an idea of how long this process will take as I really need to plan ahead, book leave, book flights to come home to Singapore. No one was able or willing to give me any information.

One week ago, the developer said notice of vacant possession for my block (87) would be 10 March. I haven't heard anything from the lawyers. Has anyone received any notification today?
    well it is just a matter of few days and the wait will be over.

Hi owner, I own a 3 bedders unit (1076sqft). From the forum discussion, it was highlighted that the bedrooms size are quite small. Any owner who already taken the unit, kindly please advise whether the master bedroom can accomdate a king size bed. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly View Post
    Hi owner, I own a 3 bedders unit (1076sqft). From the forum discussion, it was highlighted that the bedrooms size are quite small. Any owner who already taken the unit, kindly please advise whether the master bedroom can accomdate a king size bed. Thank you.
    I believe the master bedroom size is about the same for a 2 BR or 3 BR unit. All are TINY. Queen size bed is ideal to give some allowance for walk space or if you need to put small bedside table/s. Putting a king-size bed would be cutting it close, although I guess not impossible. I currently own a king size bed but had to give it up and buy a new queen size bed for HP :-(

Quote Originally Posted by nchung View Post
    I believe the master bedroom size is about the same for a 2 BR or 3 BR unit. All are TINY. Queen size bed is ideal to give some allowance for walk space or if you need to put small bedside table/s. Putting a king-size bed would be cutting it close, although I guess not impossible. I currently own a king size bed but had to give it up and buy a new queen size bed for HP :-(
    Same here ...the Master is so tiny...had to get a new Queen size bed for the new apt......well..on a brighter side ...can go shopping for new bedsheets!! Hahaha!!

Quote Originally Posted by anxious owner View Post

I understand your frustration. I was lucky enough to be in the first batch but even then, the process has not been all smooth sailing. This is an indication of the timeline:

1. Once you receive notice of vacant possession, you need to make payment for 6 months' maintenance fees and surveyors' fees as well as pay the 25% due upon TOP. If you didn't take a bank loan, then it makes the process faster. If you have a bank loan, depending on the bank, they will require approx 5-7 full working days' notice to issue the cashiers' order to your lawyer who will then probably take another day to pass it to the developer's lawyer. Of course as another owner says, you can pay the bank to make the process faster but I guess this depends on the bank too.

2. Once the developer receives all 3 things above, you can then proceed to book an appt date/time to collect your keys, giving 3 days' notice. I managed to circumvent this by checking from my lawyer when the developer is likely to receive the 25% CO (I paid the other 2 by CO to my lawyer earlier) and called immediately to make a booking for a key collection date after the expected date of receipt by the developer. I saved waiting an extra 3 days.

3. Once you collect your keys, immediately call the no given to make an appointment to do joint inspection for defects. This appt may be a few days/week later depending on their schedule. Once you've done the joint inspection, you still need to give them time to rectify the defects, if any (believe me, there are lots!)

4. Who knows? You may be one of the lucky few who don't have many unit defects or are willing to move in first whilst waiting for them to do defect rectification. But generally most people wait for them to rectify the defects first then proceed with their own renovations. This is to avoid them claiming that your contractor is responsible for the defects while carrying out renovation work :-)

5. Having said that, there are owners who move in almost immediately after receiving their keys so it all depends on the individual. Apparently one owner came for key collection with the suitcase and proceeded to move in immediately!

Hope this info helps!

U mean we can only put up this particular colour? First time owner so I have never heard of that.

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    Important for those installing blinds - the condo has specified the color. Please go to the management office for the color sample and recommended contractor. The color is light grey.

Btw the gym equipment are (mostly?) temporary until the new ones arrive. The management told me there will be free weights.
    I doubt the developer has got any say on the color of the blinds which the owner preferred. Every owner has their own preference of their home renovation design. The colour of the blinds are chosen to blend to the home design. For the overall beauty outlook of Hedges Park Condo, developer can recommend or suggest to owner on the colour of the blinds, but it is not a mandatory to comply.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly View Post
    I doubt the developer has got any say on the color of the blinds which the owner preferred. Every owner has their own preference of their home renovation design. The colour of the blinds are chosen to blend to the home design. For the overall beauty outlook of Hedges Park Condo, developer can recommend or suggest to owner on the colour of the blinds, but it is not a mandatory to comply.
    what i mean is outdoor blinds for balcony and patio. you can check with the management. for condos, it is quite common for developer management to specify colour for balcony blinds in order to preserve the outside appearance of the condo. this is to prevent multiple coloured blinds and bamboo chicks making the condo look messy and cheap.
    Last edited by gav108; 11-03-15 at 11:33.