Default Very frustrating market...

Sellers holding...
    Buyers waiting...
    MRT trains stalling...
    Shares SLOWLY falling...
    Gold NOT moving....

only thing interesting....

Forumers talking(TCSS)...

Go on a holiday. Nothing much is going to happen until after chinese new year, stocks may drift south in the meantime.

Very strange for the last few days, even Dow futures +80-100 at 4-5pm Asia time, STI / HSI closed down ... and then Dow always opened up at night and closed down in the morning but down by not much ... suspect manipulation in futures / cash market ... it seems like funds are exiting Asia and flowing back to US Treasuries judging from massive buying of 10y US bond ... yield is now 1.81% .... ppl are willing to get 1.81% only to lend to US government for 10y

Worse ... like what I have suggested, property price will stay flat for next few years and stock market is stuck in a tight trading range too
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Sellers holding...
    Buyers waiting...
    MRT trains stalling...
    Shares SLOWLY falling...
    Gold NOT moving....

play golf raining... damn sianz

Sellers holding...
    Buyers waiting...
    MRT trains stalling...
    Shares SLOWLY falling...
    Gold NOT moving....

next year,2012 then see show

time to go relax, holiday and enjoy a white xmas

EURO currency down. Good time to travel. Ski holidays now much more affordable.

I was calling for the PEAK of the near MRT frenzy and tada! The whole MRT system went haywired!

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    I was calling for the PEAK of the near MRT frenzy and tada! The whole MRT system went haywired!
    Like it or not, I seriously don't think the recent MRT saga will have any significant impact on properties near MRT... With the current COE price, taking the train still makes perfect sense for many. Did a simple calculation that taking the price of a small sedan at $100k, that works out to be about 30 years of traveling on the train... how not to be attractive?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Like it or not, I seriously don't think the recent MRT saga will have any significant impact on properties near MRT... With the current COE price, taking the train still makes perfect sense for many. Did a simple calculation that taking the price of a small sedan at $100k, that works out to be about 30 years of traveling on the train... how not to be attractive?

hey you know what?....why I never think of it that way ! woahahahahah..ok lah serious lahh...methink as long as no injury caused, it is a blessing lah..MRT should go do a thorough investigation and solve the issue quick lor...

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    hey you know what?....why I never think of it that way ! woahahahahah..ok lah serious lahh...methink as long as no injury caused, it is a blessing lah..MRT should go do a thorough investigation and solve the issue quick lor...
    Based on a simple assumption of $9 per day on the train/bus (for 2 working adults) = $3300 a year = $99 000 over 30 years. Then again there can be more than 2 working adults using the car but I'll assume again the fuel, road tax, car insurance will more than cover that part...

Based on a simple assumption of $9 per day on the train/bus (for 2 working adults) = $3300 a year = $99 000 over 30 years. Then again there can be more than 2 working adults using the car but I'll assume again the fuel, road tax, car insurance will more than cover that part...
    MRT and bus routes are designed to optimise profit, not minimise travelling time.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    MRT and bus routes are designed to optimise profit, not minimise travelling time.
    political now ... i think PAP will shift the balance a little and accept less profit ... otherwise WP will win again next election .. watch SMRT share price ... i think at least 10% downside
    Ride at your own risk !!!

For 100k over the life span of the car. Each year is 10k. Each day is $27. Throw in ERP, parking, insurance, road tax, maintenance ++++. Don't talk about public transport, it's probably cheaper to take taxi! But people still die die must own car.... That's why COE like this

sigh.... but if already paid for car.... die die must use the car.... $27 a day leh... even if you leave it at home!

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    For 100k over the life span of the car. Each year is 10k. Each day is $27. Throw in ERP, parking, insurance, road tax, maintenance ++++. Don't talk about public transport, it's probably cheaper to take taxi! But people still die die must own car.... That's why COE like this

sigh.... but if already paid for car.... die die must use the car.... $27 a day leh... even if you leave it at home!
    so whats should be a reasonable rate? $15 ok?

Not forgetting the hire purchase for car loans! Well, cars are often considered a luxury item.
    Last edited by ysyap; 20-12-11 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    so whats should be a reasonable rate? $15 ok?
    $15 per day... 15 X 365 X 10 = $54750.... not even enough for COE! don't dream....

$15 per day... 15 X 365 X 10 = $54750.... not even enough for COE! don't dream....
    you will need to minus off scrap value of $8k as well, so the total should be lesser. LOL

gotta wait for next year and buy 2nd hand maybe it is possible.

this also proof one thing in property or car: entry price is key.

No wonder our inflation rate is constantly at around 5% or more... Property prices are at record levels currently and car prices are not cheap either... only those who are super rich and those who are not looking to buy car or property will have an easier time with their cash flow.

cannot compare car with mrt directly like this, since cars in general are still much faster and comfortable and can reach every spot you need to go. n sometimes i dread the distance walking into the mrt stations and up and down the stairs/escalators. can be longer than expected. btw i came back from town just now via mrt at 3pm thinking it lull period, and the crowd...aiyoh like sardines

for families with kids having a car becomes an attractive option. for condo owners if u don't own cars u still pay the same maintenance fees...

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    cannot compare car with mrt directly like this, since cars in general are still much faster and comfortable and can reach every spot you need to go. n sometimes i dread the distance walking into the mrt stations and up and down the stairs/escalators. can be longer than expected. btw i came back from town just now via mrt at 3pm thinking it lull period, and the crowd...aiyoh like sardines

for families with kids having a car becomes an attractive option. for condo owners if u don't own cars u still pay the same maintenance fees...
    Agree.

Cannot just compare in monetary terms.

The intangible and intrinsic values such as convenience, comfort, time saving, status, prestige, etc etc must also be taken into consideration

You can live in HDB, why die die must buy condo?
    You can take MRT or bus, why die die must buy car?
    You can buy Korean Car, why die die must buy BMW?

If you have money, why not spend it? Afterall, you live only once and you can never tell what's going to happen tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    political now ... i think PAP will shift the balance a little and accept less profit ... otherwise WP will win again next election .. watch SMRT share price ... i think at least 10% downside
    Once worker party takes over, Basic wish will really materialize

Howhow. US housing jump 9+%. Basic will say its fake and manipulated.
    Affordable means small

Sellers holding...
    Buyers waiting...
    MRT trains stalling...
    Shares SLOWLY falling...
    Gold NOT moving....

not frustrating at all... in fact good time to keep buying.. equity stocks that is

Well, in short, income drives the lifestyle. Never let lifestyle dictate the income.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    You can live in HDB, why die die must buy condo?
    You can take MRT or bus, why die die must buy car?
    You can buy Korean Car, why die die must buy BMW?

If you have money, why not spend it? Afterall, you live only once and you can never tell what's going to happen tomorrow.
    Actually I quite like the new Hyundai Elantra.
    http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/ne...?CarCode=11000

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Actually I quite like the new Hyundai Elantra.
    http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/ne...?CarCode=11000
    Yup quite chio, but Hyundai....always reminds me of the matrix

260+ points out of the blue, and dow is back above 12,000. how frustrating is that?! down but don't down, up but don't up.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    260+ points out of the blue, and dow is back above 12,000. how frustrating is that?! down but don't down, up but don't up.
    sideways....line dancing...