Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARE THERE MANY SPECULATORS OUT THERE?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    long term investor la

wakakaka
    Well said... Teeheehee

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Next year may have to commit suicide.
    Bedok Reservoir welcomes them.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Bedok Reservoir welcomes them.
    Bedok reservoir got so many life buoys, every 50 metre got one.

The two landed owners must be glad that you exercise your option.
    Don't think so. One of them was really desperate to buy back the option at 30 land psf. I kindly said no as I do not want him to take more losses next year.

Based on the three fundamental issues of historical behaviour, we have argued that large residual demand and long-term population growth targets will likely support the housing market going forward. While our view is based on the assumption that the Singapore economy will remain fairly stable, should conditions worsen beyond that of a technical recession, we could expect the PPI to decline. We are, however, confident that the PPI would recover in the mid- to longer-term in line with the underlying fundamentals of residual demand and new immigration growth. The outlook beyond 2015 will then depend largely on the state’s immigration policy.

http://www.joneslanglasallesites.com...dential-market

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Bedok reservoir got so many life buoys, every 50 metre got one.
    What's the purpose of life buoys for those who are determined to end it all? For those who can't swim but want to save the drowning? In the end got two bodies instead of one?

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Don't think so. One of them was really desperate to buy back the option at 30 land psf. I kindly said no as I do not want him to take more losses next year.
    So kind of u.....hehehe

There were a few landed owners that were willing to let go at 10-15% below valuation. They are mostly LH though. Anyway, i have exercised my options for BR and both landed. The project manager of BR actually asked if I am willing to let go my 4BR at BR as there is another "eager" buyer who has ready cheque of 50 PSF more. This is really weird given CM5.

Waiting for the much anticipated drop of 20-30% in the near future if it ever happens.
    did a get the VVIP discount for the BR?

Unlike other countries, singapore property market is still very much controlled by Govt and unique. We have the public housing (HDB) to form the buffer.
    As one of them mentioned, how can pte property falls close to or below HDB prices. Govt cannot allow HDB to crash. It will affect 80% of the population. Hence there is a limit for the private property prices to drop. Geylang OKT may have eaten too much bear's meat recently.

If I am not wrong, it was mentioned 20% of the population live in private property. So 20% with high income and can afford pte property is not surprising.

To make more happy, EC is introduced for borderline cases. Again govt comes in. I dont think there are such thing in any other country.

The current problem we faced is more of HDB being pushed up too high that even the 80% cannot swallowed anymore and not so much of the 20% cannot afford Pte property. Just my thot.

If our govt have layed so many layers of "protection" , the ones who jump in blindly has only himself to blame. I cant imagine someone can still speculate with the 4 yrs SSD. Govt is telling u make sure you can hold 4 years before you buy.

Has there been a recession that last more than 4 years in the past?
    Only a depression will cause market all hell break loose- possible?

Sellers remorse. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    did a get the VVIP discount for the BR?
    I managed to get the VVIP discount plus another small discount for the bulk buy with some bros from here who PMed me. The good news was that we did not need to queue up.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Sellers remorse. It happens.
    That's definitely the case especially with the 17% discount given right after the announcement of CM5. After a week or so, he realised that the situation wasn't so bad after all.

Currently waiting eagerly for CM6.

That's definitely the case especially with the 17% discount given right after the announcement of CM5. After a week or so, he realised that the situation wasn't so bad after all.

urs damn gd deal.....17% off mid 2010 valuation rite?

so power....u can actually flip for immediate gain if there is no ssd

urs damn gd deal.....17% off mid 2010 valuation rite?

so power....u can actually flip for immediate gain if there is no ssd
    Yes bro. That will be equivalent to buying at start 2010 price. Not a bad deal.

Currently in consolidation mode and will be looking to buy and hold landed for long term (at least 10 years). Will be taking up long term fixed rates mortgage as well.

I remember seeing one 3+S around serangoon after CM4. Hesitated in pulling the trigger. Otherwise sitting very pretty now.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    I remember seeing one 3+S around serangoon after CM4. Hesitated in pulling the trigger. Otherwise sitting very pretty now.
    Ahhhh..... Life is full of regrets my friend. I shudder to think of the missed opportunities in the end 2008 to mid 2009 run up. I had limited resources, and faced with so many options. I learnt from it and realised that as long as the numbers stack up, one can commit.

Lots of people are waiting on the sideline waiting to pounch when property market corrects. Wonder how many will really act or just NATO. Great opportunities are far and few. It boils down to guts.

Lots of people are waiting on the sideline waiting to pounch when property market corrects. Wonder how many will really act or just NATO. Great opportunities are far and few. It boils down to guts.
    ...and lots of patience

Yup! Good things must wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    ...and lots of patience

From my observation, most people just NATO. I remember that during start 2009. Icon was going at around 750 k per studio. Rental was at amazing $3500 to $4000. Thats nearly 6.5 -7 % rental yield at a time when interest was at historical low. In many cases, the 2 years rental lease were fresh and corporate. Still, many were waiting on sidelines, waiting for a fall to 2006 prices of $400k. What happened next is well known history.

There are also a few who acted and went to max leverage, myself included; and not forgetting the Devil.

From my observation, most people just NATO. I remember that during start 2009. Icon was going at around 750 k per studio. Rental was at amazing $3500 to $4000. Thats nearly 6.5 -7 % rental yield at a time when interest was at historical low. In many cases, the 2 years rental lease were fresh and corporate. Still, many were waiting on sidelines, waiting for a fall to 2006 prices of $400k. What happened next is well known history.

There are also a few who acted and went to max leverage, myself included; and not forgetting the Devil.
    during tat early 09, Icon 1bdr rental ever drop to 2.8k......i saw the TA

Icon not very goodie leh....

can get clift below 650k

Stop buying since early 2009. Looking for other investment opportunities.
    tats natural....how to speculate since cm4? whaha

prior to tat, always tempted to 'speculate' bcoz px rise so quickly

Stop buying since early 2009. Looking for other investment opportunities.
    u mean early 2010?

Yup. 2010.
    u mean early 2010?

during tat early 09, Icon 1bdr rental ever drop to 2.8k......i saw the TA

Icon not very goodie leh....

can get clift below 650k
    Yes that's true about the 2.8k rental. Sail rental was about 2.5-3.5k then. I am not advocating that Icon was best buy then, I was just using icon as an example that people tend to NATO and wait, even when the tenancy has already been confirmed for 2 years with a steady yield of 6.5% to 7%.

I remember there were 2 clift units selling at at 1100-1200 psf at that time. A studio and a 2 BR. I was at the bank auction at Amara Hotel. I picked up a bigger unit in D9 and a landed. I remember a young guy bidded for the low floor studio, maybe its you?