Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singapore system is in a mess

Default Singapore system is in a mess

Interesting judgement for a high profile case. You have to look after yourself in Singapore. Don't depend on the government to help you.

http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/sho...r-Quan-Yi-Feng

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Interesting judgement for a high profile case. You have to look after yourself in Singapore. Don't depend on the government to help you.

For 2 occasions at the same durian stalls and same man. I wanted to buy 5 durians at $2 each. So I asked this man to help me to choose but he said : "Choose it yourself because it is only $2." I told him that I didn't know how to choose, and he just kept quiet, so I walked away. Then yesterday, I passed by that stall again and met the same man, I wanted to buy 5 durians @ $1 each, then he asked me to buy the $2 one, buy 5 get 1 free, so I said okay. This time, he picked for me but didn't help me to "open" the durian, so I asked him to help me, he said "no opening" for $2 durians, so I walked off again, haha. What kind of service is that?

I bought from other stalls, $1 each also help you to choose and open leh.
    Last edited by irisng; 30-12-11 at 16:05.

its a joke

shes been let off too lightly ...

this is not the first time shes exhibit her non sense in public ..

shes even slapped and kicked her ex husband in public ... happy for him to have gotten rid of her ...

what crap ..post natal blues since 1999 ?? and still can use that as a reason ?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ai yo yo! Very interesting case. Even more interesting judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    its a joke

shes even slapped and kicked her ex husband in public ... happy for him to have gotten rid of her ...

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    For 2 occasions at the same durian stalls and same man. I wanted to buy 5 durians at $2 each. So I asked this man to help me to choose but he said : "Choose it yourself because it is only $2." I told him that I didn't know how to choose, and he just kept quiet, so I walked away. Then yesterday, I passed by that stall again and met the same man, I wanted to buy 5 durians @ $1 each, then he asked me to buy the $2 one, buy 5 get 1 free, so I said okay. This time, he picked for me but didn't help me to "open" the durian, so I asked him to help me, he said "no opening" for $2 durians, so I walked off again, haha. What kind of service is that?

I bought from other stalls, $1 each also help you to choose and open leh.
    Durain. Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    its a joke

let's not forget the bowling alley incident whereby she fought with a woman in public

seriously, mediacorp should stop using her and stop showing her shows. U mean we do not have any more hosts anymore? I'm disgusted with her behaviour and excuses.

She's a bad example to everyone, being a public persona. Someone should create a facebook page or online petition to bar her from media anymore

She should just quit.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ai yo yo, you forgot: Singapore got NO talent!
    We should seriously consider appointing foreigners as Ministers, PM, and President!

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    let's not forget the bowling alley incident whereby she fought with a woman in public

seriously, mediacorp should stop using her and stop showing her shows. U mean we do not have any more hosts anymore? I'm disgusted with her behaviour and excuses.

She's a bad example to everyone, being a public persona. Someone should create a facebook page or online petition to bar her from media anymore

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    We should seriously consider appointing foreigners as Ministers, PM, and President!
    Yes, somemore she's not even a singapore... she's a FT from China right?

My grandmum at age 80+ also has post post natal blue.
    Ha ha ha since 1940s ...it a joke man...

Cannot anyhow replace anyone in SG...already say SG is small - talent pool not deep enough.

So anyone who manages to get ahead and reach the summit of his field in civil svs/govt/GLC/Temasek/GIC all happy like bird coz cannot get fired even if screw up. Can pass blame downward though like the prison guard or technician who didn't see the collector shoe on the ground for months.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear

Quote Originally Posted by extremme

You really think petition will work in Singapore??? Remember all the petition for TPL during the GE recently? It only made her stronger and got more support from the other leaders...

It depends on the connection: good or best connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    You really think petition will work in Singapore??? Remember all the petition for TPL during the GE recently? It only made her stronger and got more support from the other leaders...

This judgement will set a precedence for judges to let off FT easily in future. It's clearly a deliberate abortion of justice.

One of the Youngest Law Dean is related to President while one of the Permanent Secretary is related to former chief justice.

Chen Ming Li is her grandaunt..... Maybe judge bought her insurance policy before.

Why not. She is a very successful insurance agent.
    Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Chen Ming Li is her grandaunt..... Maybe judge bought her insurance policy before.

There are so many FT in our mediacorp.... hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    She should just quit.
    She should be fired !
    Seriously really dun understand. What talent does she have ? She's neither pretty nor attractive, and she talks like a Taiwan auntie. They very face of her turns me off completely.

Justice for the rich & famous vs the rest A regular person would not have gotten away so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    She should be fired !
    Seriously really dun understand. What talent does she have ? She's neither pretty nor attractive, and she talks like a Taiwan auntie. They very face of her turns me off completely.
    Her hair makes me sick....lol

Thumbs down

I read the report that she mentioned that it take 2hand to clap...really no remorse at all..

I think soon or later she wil god know fight with who else?

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMe
    Justice for the rich & famous vs the rest A regular person would not have gotten away so easily.
    Then again a regular person will not receive so much publicity so in a sense, will get away with all the finger pointing and gossiping very easily... price of being a celebrity!

She is very fierce leh. She is not the only one in the media corp who get into trouble, "Lee Ming Soon" and "Chow Guo Hui" also have right?

Default 包拯

I'm not sure what the judge was thinking but the judgement was truly not equitable. Time to return to our old values. Maybe restoration of Haw Par Villa is still valuable (despite being a cost center) as the society is rapidly losing values. We need more judges like Bao Zheng to uphold people's rights and oligations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bao_Zheng

Bao Zheng (包拯) (999–1062) was a much-praised official who served during the reign of Emperor Renzong of Northern Song Dynasty in ancient China. Culturally, Bao Zheng today is respected as the symbol of justice in China.

In his lifetime, Bao was renowned for his filial piety, his stern demeanor, and his intolerance of injustice and corruption. Due to his fame and the strength of his reputation, Bao's name became synonymous with the idealized "honest and upright official" (qingguan 清官), and quickly became a popular subject of early vernacular drama and literature.

Thank you for that history lesson... going to show to TV soon....

Recent major screw ups:

412 criminal cases reviewed after DNA test lab error
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_751649.html

DBS investigates unauthorised withdrawals from DBS/POSB accounts
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_752199.html

Better check your POSB/DBS accounts for any unauthorized withdrawals!

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    DBS website overloaded now. Cannot login.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The laughable thing is the online banking website is jammed:
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ea...l-3554904.html

This is the next major failure