Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permit for shifting furnitures

Default Permit for shifting furnitures

Is it a common practice for all the pte condo including EC to apply for permit from the management office when they bring in the old sofa set cum dinning tables and there is a time frame for the shifting eg cannot be later than 1pm on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Is it a common practice for all the pte condo including EC to apply for permit from the management office when they bring in the old sofa set cum dinning tables and there is a time frame for the shifting eg cannot be later than 1pm on Saturday.
    For my case, when we moved, twice, our movers Shalom always asked us to notify mgt office... so, thats what we did each time.

I think its a good practice and its only right to inform relevant others in advance to avoid issues.

Yup, it is good to inform the management. The movers must ensure that the lift is not damaged as a result of shifting and usually they will put some protective sponge to line the walls of the lift. LWhen done, the management or the guard will inspect the lift to make sure that no damage has been done.
    As for the time, you will need to check with the management.

Even in HDB, when there's disturbances, from loud music to noisy children and dogs barking past certain time, they can make complaints, what more with PCs...

...different condo may have different rules...some may not even allow any moving on weekends and require deposit...

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    ...different condo may have different rules...some may not even allow any moving on weekends and require deposit...
    From my limited understanding, older condos usually are more relax about such strict rulings... yes it differs condo to condo...

How about apartment where there is no mgt office in the condo? Does condo limit no of guests in the swimming pool and also restrict their swimming costume for ladies and men?

I have stayed in at least 7-8 different developments the past 3 years. I guess common sense is best. Just dont do anything noisy after 6pm on weekdays and 1pm on Sat. Sundays are a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Why is there no moving on weekends? I thought most people will prefer to move during weekend so that they don't need to apply their leave.

How about apartment where there is no mgt office in the condo? Does condo limit no of guests in the swimming pool and also restrict their swimming costume for ladies and men?
    Restrict costumes? Women cannot wear less than two piece and men more than one? Lol

Why is there no moving on weekends? I thought most people will prefer to move during weekend so that they don't need to apply their leave.
    Obviously is for the well being of the residents who are already staying there. People wanna relax at home and enjoy the peacefulness when they are off work. Once you are a resident too you will want the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I have stayed in at least 7-8 different developments the past 3 years. I guess common sense is best. Just dont do anything noisy after 6pm on weekdays and 1pm on Sat. Sundays are a no no.
    Is it proper for the guard to stop the owner's friend to drive in the lorry (with furnitures) if the owner (without knowing) does not apply for the permit.

Restrict costumes? Women cannot wear less than two piece and men more than one? Lol
    No lah, women not allow to wear 2 pieces and show their stomach, must wear 1 whole piece and men must not wear sexy type of swimming trunk, haha.

Obviously is for the well being of the residents who are already staying there. People wanna relax at home and enjoy the peacefulness when they are off work. Once you are a resident too you will want the same.
    If residents need peacefulness, then owners shouldn't have any party or gathering held during weekend at their home leh. Children at the pool also very noisy, it should also stop them from playing during weekend, it will disturb other residents loh, hehe. Renovation of house, that I agree, is very noisy because of knocking and drilling here and there but shifting of house very noisy meh?

If residents need peacefulness, then owners shouldn't have any party or gathering held during weekend at their home leh. Children at the pool also very noisy, it should also stop them from playing during weekend, it will disturb other residents loh, hehe. Renovation of house, that I agree, is very noisy because of knocking and drilling here and there but shifting of house very noisy meh?
    Most parents find their children shouting and screams music to their ears, no? Shifting... Other then the pushing of trolleys ya I guess I agree with you that its not noisy. Maybe is to prevent movers from occupying parking lots and holding up the lifts etc...

Moving house may not be noisy but due consideration must be made with the accompanying danger to the residents moving about when huge items are carried into lifts and along carparks or driveway or even up a flight of stairs if lift cannot take those stuff... safety of residents is at stake here...

Restrict on 2pc costume? Must be in malaysia.

Some condo restrict number of guest from each unit into pool. E.g mandarin garden..

Speaking about swimming pools, some management disallow maids to use the pool... Hmmm... or is it some residents complained that maids are using the pool?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Speaking about swimming pools, some management disallow maids to use the pool... Hmmm... or is it some residents complained that maids are using the pool?
    If maid use together with the kids as watching over them then...

If maid use together with the kids as watching over them then...
    Me also thinking like that so I guess in this case, it should be ok lah... was referring to maids playing with one another in the pool, chit chatting in their T-shirts...

Me also thinking like that so I guess in this case, it should be ok lah... was referring to maids playing with one another in the pool, chit chatting in their T-shirts...
    Oh is it a cultural thing for them to go into the pool fully clothed with tshirt? Coz I seen...

Oh is it a cultural thing for them to go into the pool fully clothed with tshirt? Coz I seen...
    Not so sure about culture but which maid coming to Singapore to work will bring their own swim costumes or even go out to buy one? They'll buy neccessary stuff like shoes, shirts, jeans, facial products, etc... seldom they'll spend money on swim costumes which they seldom use, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Some condo restrict number of guest from each unit into pool. E.g mandarin garden..
    I just wonder how they enforce that...

imagine everyone squeezed into a saturday to move...

I just wonder how they enforce that...
    The swimming pool and gym facilities is fenced up by plants with only one entrance with security counter.

I thought T-shirts are not allowed in the swimming pool because I heard that fabric from the T-shirts will stuck on the hole in the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    The swimming pool and gym facilities is fenced up by plants with only one entrance with security counter.
    If the swimming pool is not fenced up, I wonder how the guard knows how many guests are in the pool. Must the owner accompany the guests in the pool also, I heard some condo needs, very troublesome leh, what happen if the owner has other guests to attend.

How about guests visiting hours?

Moving house may not be noisy but due consideration must be made with the accompanying danger to the residents moving about when huge items are carried into lifts and along carparks or driveway or even up a flight of stairs if lift cannot take those stuff... safety of residents is at stake here...
    Maybe you are right.