Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast

Thread: Riversound - near Sungei Serangoon

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    LUXURY?!?!?!?!
    Good catch. Guess to the writer this is Luxury compared to hdb or dbss quoted in the report...

Went down with wife to take a look. The general feel is that the developer seems to have a difficult time deciphering marketing sentiment for their Riversound project pricing (the sales price still wavering). Agents themselves are confused over the various discount scheme and why so units are on special starbuy offer and whether additional discounts can be extended to other units. With the various round of cooling measures, I would say the impact is definitely felt as many potential buyers going to the showflat are in a browsing mood and waiting for the dust to settle. It does not help with the agents themselves agreeing that the location is ultra ulu.....normally agents will call it tranquil and serene if you all get the drift of what I am try to get across.

Good Points:
    - Sky Terraces unique and first for Sengkang, Hougang Area.
    - Very impressive water features all around the estate. Also got SPA pools and Cocoon pavilion
    - Marble finishing for masterbathroom flooring and wall (with option to choose homogeneous tiles if chosen)
    - Efficient layout. Spacious bedrooms size even for the compact 3 bedroom.
    at 1066sqft.
    -4 bedder also do away with the typical junior master bathroom.....kinda of like this concept as personally think this leads to wastage of space, 2 bathrooms and 1 water closet should be more than enough for a family.
    -Got rain shower for Masterbath wor!
    -Kitchen Electrolux fittings.

Not so good points
    -This development is not near to LRT or MRT. The nearest LRT is at Kangkar which one needs to cross a road and then walk...think 5mins-8mins....just not convenient at all without a car.
    - No much amenities nearby. Eating places coming up with the new HDB BTO coming up...but one still have to walk.
    - This is just next to Austville EC. I would put across boldly that both Riversound and Austville EC caters to the same customer segment (mostly Singaporeans and PR in the vicinity). It maybe hard to resell this with the EC as competitor in terms of pricing. Albeit facilities and landscaping better for Riversound, would any future resales buyers consider Riversound over Austville by paying over S$100k to S$200K higher in premiums?
    - Also, just across the road, a new project is launching....by Allgreen properties. Allgreen managed to get that plot at a low S$290ppr....maybe worthwhile to wait a while being committing.
    - Another bad point which was never brought out at all was that not all cars can fit into the 2 basement carparks. There will be cars parked on the surface. In addition, only 6 additional carpark lots given. 596 lots for 590 units.

Overall, prices after discounts seems higher than the average 850psf quoted on many websites. 5th floor already 845psf liao. However, agents confident of getting more discounts from developers if you are a sincere buyer. Compared to Boathouse and H2O residences, this is relatively cheaper.

There are too many new projects in this area:

2 x BTO
    1 x DBSS
    1 x EC + unknown EC
    3 condos.

With so much competition and limited demand, can they still maintain 850psf?

Yup.. agent called me this afternoon to invite me to view the showflat... I declined, explaining that I'm not interested to buy now.. she no choice but to say will call me back again with other interesting projects!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Yup.. agent called me this afternoon to invite me to view the showflat... I declined, explaining that I'm not interested to buy now.. she no choice but to say will call me back again with other interesting projects!
    never ask u to come enjoy the food and makeup the crowd. wayang show.
    No buy nvm, showflat must look busy and packed

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Precisely that so I declined to go to help them give the wrong impression that the showflat is busy... need to show the world that buyers are taking a more cautious approach so discourage buyers to fry up the market price again...

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    This foreigner don't mind paying 10% ABSD
    If the money is dirty, 10% to clean it up or hide it overseas is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Thats the spirit man! Property market not only about location, timing, but also sentiment to a significant extent!

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Thats the spirit man! Property market not only about location, timing, but also sentiment to a significant extent!
    Especially in Singapore where people will join the queue before asking what they are queueing up for? Sentiments play a big big role here...

Especially in Singapore where people will join the queue before asking what they are queueing up for? Sentiments play a big big role here...
    Yes. Same rule applies for $5 wan ton mee and $500k condo...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    -This development is not near to LRT or MRT. The nearest LRT is at Kangkar which one needs to cross a road and then walk...think 5mins-8mins....just not convenient at all without a car.
    its 3-5mins walk.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11
    its 3-5mins walk.
    Depending on where the front gate and the side entrance is located... Drove pass there several times and yes the nearest LRT station looks far... sigh!

Depending on where the front gate and the side entrance is located... Drove pass there several times and yes the nearest LRT station looks far... sigh!
    confirmed far. at least 5 min walk

Quote Originally Posted by fooblack
    confirmed far. at least 5 min walk
    Yes yes... old people will probably take 8 mins...

"UBS Investment Research said there was a 'lukewarm take-up' of about 50 units out of the 250 apartments launched at the 590-unit estate. The average selling price was $850 per sq ft (psf).

A 1,259 sq ft four-bedroom unit, for example, was priced at $1.13 million, or about $896 psf after discounts."

Wah piang.. I thought they claim avg is $850psf?
    4 bedroom already $896psf???

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181
    "UBS Investment Research said there was a 'lukewarm take-up' of about 50 units out of the 250 apartments launched at the 590-unit estate. The average selling price was $850 per sq ft (psf).

A 1,259 sq ft four-bedroom unit, for example, was priced at $1.13 million, or about $896 psf after discounts."

Wah piang.. I thought they claim avg is $850psf?
    4 bedroom already $896psf???
    i always wonder where the average came from? the average of all the PES units?? every time i visit a showroom, the prices are typically higher than the average, and the lousy units are around the average price. if that is the case, doesn't the better units drag up the average??

coz the bigger units are lower priced than the average? I meant the psf..

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i always wonder where the average came from? the average of all the PES units?? every time i visit a showroom, the prices are typically higher than the average, and the lousy units are around the average price. if that is the case, doesn't the better units drag up the average??

Quote Originally Posted by eminor82
    coz the bigger units are lower priced than the average? I meant the psf..
    Mathematically if the lousy units are at the supposed average price and the better units are higher. Surely the average should be higher than what they say it is?

Developer gimmick to entice people to come showroom

Anybody bgt unit here? Agent said quoted price still can nego with developer.

They shd have had a vvip preview, release less desirable units first, then when secured good nos then advertise on public media. ie just follow far east can't b wrong

Let's see what gimmicks china developer will give in order to push for more units.

Maybe they are referring to the average of the studio apartments... not average of all units... or maybe they take average of all the cheapest units for each tier of room type... or maybe they take average based on some strange mathematical formula that only they know... Lol! Ask the agent and they also don't know... Hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by GForce
    Anybody bgt unit here? Agent said quoted price still can nego with developer.
    Just whack 30% off asking and see how developer respond...

Just whack 30% off asking and see how developer respond...
    No lah not interested in this one, waiting for Wee Hur at punggol n the bedok south ones!

Maybe they are referring to the average of the studio apartments... not average of all units... or maybe they take average of all the cheapest units for each tier of room type... or maybe they take average based on some strange mathematical formula that only they know... Lol! Ask the agent and they also don't know... Hahahaha!
    yes, i once asked them this question and they were speechless.

but the more seasoned guys in this forum already know this. it doesn't matter what's the average cos at times, it's just BS. more important is how much those better stacks are actually selling for.

yes, i once asked them this question and they were speechless.

but the more seasoned guys in this forum already know this. it doesn't matter what's the average cos at times, it's just BS. more important is how much those better stacks are actually selling for.
    Yup... most important is buyer must first like the unit and then have the cash for downpayment and subsequently have the financial muscle to commit to the mortgage... the rest is inmaterial!

I usually factor in about 5-10% extra to their so called average price before deciding whether to go down. Haha.

Heard that the response for this project has been very lukewarm. Only about 50 units sold till now.

84 sqm for a 3 bedroom
    108 sqm for a 4 bedroom