Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Multi-property owner speaks up

No problem for the foreigners to pay 10% extra as they're rich. The question will be is our Singapore property still remain attractive to the foreigners in long term.

I think the answer could be yes as price for CCR has been very stable. If it is still not moving much for another 12 months, I guess more will come in.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Another of the "what if"!
    What if war occur in Singapore? What if sea level rise so high that whole Singapore got submerged?
    Might as well mandate that every house must have a boat in bomb-shelter ()!

That's why I always think that though Singapore is small without any resources but it can developed into what we are today is really amazing. Lets pray hard not to have any natural disasters and natural disasters not only happen in Singapore, it can happen anywhere in the world.

Overall Singapore is still a safe country.
    You are right... It is the safeness, transparency of doing business, efficiency of public infrastructure (ah ha! May not be anymore...) that adds on to the perceived value of property investment in Singapore...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I don't agree with what you say. OK, let's not compare with NY and London, let's compare with Asian cities like HK, most similar to Singapore. Why HK CCR is 3x that of Singapore CCR prices? And furthermore Singapore condos are way better than HK in terms of number of units (much smaller number of units, more exclusive), design, layout, maintenance, rules & regulations etc! So I believe CCR is way undervalued. Now, in CCR you can get at $14xx psf (e.g. Aspen Heights, Valley Park). If CCR is way over valued, how do you term OCR like Bedok Residences transacted at $1350 psf? So OCR is way way over-valued and in super BUBBLE price? Why you didn't highlight the super bubble OCR price?

[quote=proud owner]
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Below argument fill of holes, smack of bootlicking?
    [1] This is his speculation, not fact or truth. Singapore property prices in CCR are just too too cheap if we compare to HK, London & NY etc! As such, there is no need for cooling measures, especially targeting foreigners. If govt's concern is OCR prices going too high, just ban foreigners from buying OCR can already lor!

i feel we cannot compare Singapore with London and NY ...

they are true cosmopolitan ... and singapore is not ...not yet ...

i read an article recently about what makes a true city ...
    , NY London Paris Tokyo .. take the top spots ...

HK , Taiwan ... are ranked higher than singapore ...

so ..CCR props in singapore ARE expensive ...

having said that ... when it comes to condo architecture .. i will say ..singapore condos 'design' take the top spot ... (exterior design ..not layout)

[quote=teddybear]I don't agree with what you say. OK, let's not compare with NY and London, let's compare with Asian cities like HK, most similar to Singapore. Why HK CCR is 3x that of Singapore CCR prices? And furthermore Singapore condos are way better than HK in terms of number of units (much smaller number of units, more exclusive), design, layout, maintenance, rules & regulations etc! So I believe CCR is way undervalued. Now, in CCR you can get at $14xx psf (e.g. Aspen Heights, Valley Park). If CCR is way over valued, how do you term OCR like Bedok Residences transacted at $1350 psf? So OCR is way way over-valued and in super BUBBLE price? Why you didn't highlight the super bubble OCR price?

lets break this up ...

as what i posted earlier ... CCR is expensive compared to other major cities ..

comparing with HK ...
    we have a smaller population.. spore may be smaller in land size but ..buildable land ..HK is smaller ... higher population + smaller buildable land + higher ranking to spore as a cosmopolitan ... HK naturally command higher psf ...

Aspen and valley park are very old ... check out One Jervios ..u cant get it at 1450 psf ...

as for OCR ... Bedok residences is absolutely ridiculous .. i dun know what they were thicking ... but it is ... for OCR 99 LH .. anything above 1000 psf is expensive ...

if HK govt were to allow the public housing in HK to trade how our HDB are doing .. i am sure all the OCR in HK will just be like those OCR in spore too ..if not higher

[quWhy you didn't highlight the super bubble OCR price?

i was only replying to your earlier post where yuo specifically mentioned CCR ..comparing it with NY and London

but if your were to have included OCR ...and comparing them with OCR in NY , Ldn , HK .. i would also have mentioned it ...

so you cannot ask why i didnt highlight the prices in OCR mah ... right ?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

No you are wrong, they are not very old. Aspen Heights only 11+ years old. Spent $100 psf to renovate interior and they will be new. That won't cost total >$1550 psf.

Talk of HK, what is the point of so-called higher ranking? Whose ranking is that? Do you know many fund management companies shifting from HK to Singapore? It means HK no longer a premium place to live in. Number one major complain: The air is now very polluted! There are several more. Got to ask those people shifting.

[quote=proud owner]
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I don't agree with what you say. OK, let's not compare with NY and London, let's compare with Asian cities like HK, most similar to Singapore. Why HK CCR is 3x that of Singapore CCR prices? And furthermore Singapore condos are way better than HK in terms of number of units (much smaller number of units, more exclusive), design, layout, maintenance, rules & regulations etc! So I believe CCR is way undervalued. Now, in CCR you can get at $14xx psf (e.g. Aspen Heights, Valley Park). If CCR is way over valued, how do you term OCR like Bedok Residences transacted at $1350 psf? So OCR is way way over-valued and in super BUBBLE price? Why you didn't highlight the super bubble OCR price?

lets break this up ...

as what i posted earlier ... CCR is expensive compared to other major cities ..

comparing with HK ...
    we have a smaller population.. spore may be smaller in land size but ..buildable land ..HK is smaller ... higher population + smaller buildable land + higher ranking to spore as a cosmopolitan ... HK naturally command higher psf ...

Aspen and valley park are very old ... check out One Jervios ..u cant get it at 1450 psf ...

as for OCR ... Bedok residences is absolutely ridiculous .. i dun know what they were thicking ... but it is ... for OCR 99 LH .. anything above 1000 psf is expensive ...

if HK govt were to allow the public housing in HK to trade how our HDB are doing .. i am sure all the OCR in HK will just be like those OCR in spore too ..if not higher