Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Palm Isles@Flora Drive - By Frasers (LH99)

Smile Greetings..PI owners...

Have enjoyed all your feedback n updates,Q n As etc etc..
    Me ?
    Got a (mm) unit at J ...
    Wish 1 n all a great weekend !

Hallo all. Pic update.

Chasing the height of FP. IBB would be happy to see this.

Hallo Tower E!

Quite startled to see it suddenly appearing so up close and personal.

Cheers everyone.

Yipee!!! Means mine should b next!! Woohoo!!

Thanks mario!!

Quote Originally Posted by SML212 View Post
    Have enjoyed all your feedback n updates,Q n As etc etc..
    Me ?
    Got a (mm) unit at J ...
    Wish 1 n all a great weekend !
    Hello! Haha, PI units don't qualify as MM. All bigger than 500 sf (:

Pretty sure I'm gonna have a good weekend after seeing Mario's kind picture updates (:

Thanks Mario! Do you live nearby or do you drop by often just to check on the progress?

Quote Originally Posted by lbb View Post

Pretty sure I'm gonna have a good weekend after seeing Mario's kind picture updates (:

Thanks Mario! Do you live nearby or do you drop by often just to check on the progress?
    You are welcome. I stay in Tampines so I drop by frequently.

I plan to do a collage of the construction process when it is completed so I am collecting the in-progress pics now.

** thank you,lbb ...actually would have preferred it to be less than 500sf (496) so could save the $$ for id service n furniture ! 8)

And my thanks too,Mario,for your regular pic update..look fwd to more..

And my thanks too,Mario,for your regular pic update..look fwd to more..
    Interesting! Haha, don't mind me asking, how come you chose PI over PO? I remember PO having units that were >500sf!

Actually, good point with the cost part. How much are you all planning to spend on reno? My unit's 947sf, but since it's PES... i think the actual unit is about 807sf. I'll timber deck the PES and maybe buy some outdoor furniture... that's about it for that. But all in all, I was planning to put aside 15-20k for reno, furniture.

Not that good with reno estimation, so feel free to tell me if my estimates are off!

Hi lbb. Ive checked wit 3 ID n the cheapest one quoted me abt 18k. The other two were in the range of 30+k. Deckin is ex. Its gonna cost around 2-3k +. Ive been to see my friend's 3 bedroom hdb. His price is the most reasonable n accordin to my friend he is responsible too. For that hdb, plus hackin, floorin, paintin, n changin of the window grills plus carpentry he only paid abt 27k

Thumbs up

Interesting! Haha, don't mind me asking, how come you chose PI over PO? I remember PO having units that were >500sf!

Actually, good point with the cost part. How much are you all planning to spend on reno? My unit's 947sf, but since it's PES... i think the actual unit is about 807sf. I'll timber deck the PES and maybe buy some outdoor furniture... that's about it for that. But all in all, I was planning to put aside 15-20k for reno, furniture.

Not that good with reno estimation, so feel free to tell me if my estimates are off!
    * well.. PI was launched b4 PO. Down to timing I guessed as was looking for a unit then. Saw a few in Sengkang n Pasir Ris but decided PI was de best ! even though not near mrt,shopping mall food ct etc etc. Did chech out - abt 20 min walk to Tampines for food n essential..good morning ex !
    ** being "MM" n desire to have quality items, I am looking at 10k ex id cost
    ** clueless on mkt rate for id service for an MM ? Since am no fan of mirrors,perhaps no need of an id la...may even DIY the painting of walls ! I liked those textured type and the finish looks liked wall paper...saw the advert in Tampines mrt some months back..
    ** and if I am lucky with toto???no limit !
    PS - Constance just had a post advising id service 18k..wah ..got to forgo my hol for couple yr ..PI holiday chateau in lieu
    Have a great day..folks!

SML212, u r funny. Chateau in lieu. Haha. Anyway i think 10k is quite ok to spend on stuff ex id. But like the rest, think i do need an id to find out how i can maximise the small space. Me n the mr hav already started to set aside 1k every month for reno n most of our furniture hav been selected n some fully paid wit the option to decide size n colour n fabric closer to TOP. I mean though ive found my stuff i still need id to tell me exactly how big my sofa has to be..etc. ya im kiasu but certain stuff ive had my eye on for quite awhile n it seems like the prices keep climbin. For eg, the fan i wanted was only 400+ in 2010 but its more than twice that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Constance chen liji View Post
    SML212, u r funny. Chateau in lieu. Haha. Anyway i think 10k is quite ok to spend on stuff ex id. But like the rest, think i do need an id to find out how i can maximise the small space. Me n the mr hav already started to set aside 1k every month for reno n most of our furniture hav been selected n some fully paid wit the option to decide size n colour n fabric closer to TOP. I mean though ive found my stuff i still need id to tell me exactly how big my sofa has to be..etc. ya im kiasu but certain stuff ive had my eye on for quite awhile n it seems like the prices keep climbin. For eg, the fan i wanted was only 400+ in 2010 but its more than twice that now.
    Wow! Constance you are fast!! I was still thinking maybe mid next year then start looking for id. I have decided to set aside 20k for the reno & furniture. Sometimes an idea pops up and out come the brochure & floorplan and me and mr start to discuss where to build storage! Haha but still need to discuss with id if it's do-able.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    Wow! Constance you are fast!! I was still thinking maybe mid next year then start looking for id. I have decided to set aside 20k for the reno & furniture. Sometimes an idea pops up and out come the brochure & floorplan and me and mr start to discuss where to build storage! Haha but still need to discuss with id if it's do-able.
    PS- does it mean you have the exact dimension of your unit ? I only know the total floor area ,no breakdown..eg,balcony dimension ?
    If you come across good id co n reasonable,pls share info,boleh ? mine is ..chauteau MM!
    Cheers, n have a super cool weekend !
    I think next 10% fast approaching ...

Greetings..compliments accepted ! Hoped you had a good laugh..
    Seriously, better to enjoy de facilities than trooping over unsafe M'sia after all the recent news..fav place used to be Kuantan-Cherating..but I v kiasu kind.one rotten apple,spoiled whole basket for me !
    US ..such a long flt,Japan..v scared of radiation leak..I heard they only eat imported salmon now...
    So chateau-la-PI will b best when ready ! Yea!
    You come across any super cool sofa bed ,pls share.thanks. And really need fan?I hate cleaning them ! Esp Those traditional ones. Cause havoc to my fingers..oh dear I do sound so lau saw.
    Oki, enjoy your shopping n feedback when you can,ttfn..

Hi SML. I havent decided on id yet though im v inclined wit the cheaper one coz my friend said he is responsible. But i think he a bit buay tahan me coz i always pickin more ex materials!! Haha. For eg, he suggested a cheaper form of deckin thats 1/3 of the price of reg deckin n much easier to maintain but i preferred the look of reg deckin. I juz gave him the floorplan fr catalogue which wasnt to scale so he made the necessary calculations to adjust.
    The fan i got was a ceiling fan for living room coz dont wanna on aircon all the time. So to me, the ceiling fan was a must n the one i bought is sleek n matte black. V chio! But v ex too!
    For lights go jb n buy. I went jb to help my gf buy lights. Its cheaper. For eg the same exact light she wanted to get was 48 ringgit but in spore its 48 sin!
    Back to the id. I see if his designs for my unit r good then let u guys know. But most prob will engage him coz he is cheap!

I forgot the name of the lightin shop in jb but apparently if u buy a lot n dont wanna kena tax when u return to spore, juz let them know n they will adjust the price down. Thats wat they did for my gf. Haha

I forgot the name of the lightin shop in jb but apparently if u buy a lot n dont wanna kena tax when u return to spore, juz let them know n they will adjust the price down. Thats wat they did for my gf. Haha
    Thanks for the tips, Constance! Haha, you guys are fast man. I'm only planning to speak to an ID in the 3Q of 2014. Probably going to ask a family friend to do it, hope he gives a good and fair deal! Having spent that much on the house, i figured i shouldn't be stingy when it comes to reno.

I was at courts that day, saw some random sofa beds. Found them decent enough to buy and put in my 2nd bedroom for guests and all.

Every time it rains, the only thing that hits me is how it'll slow down the construction progress.

Smile

Thanks for the tips, Constance! Haha, you guys are fast man. I'm only planning to speak to an ID in the 3Q of 2014. Probably going to ask a family friend to do it, hope he gives a good and fair deal! Having spent that much on the house, i figured i shouldn't be stingy when it comes to reno.

I was at courts that day, saw some random sofa beds. Found them decent enough to buy and put in my 2nd bedroom for guests and all.

Every time it rains, the only thing that hits me is how it'll slow down the construction progress.
    ** being MM- sofa bed? Or futon? Already insufficient storage space so better get sofa bed ,right ?
    Mine has to be sturdy since daily usage..n style matters..
    Anyway, has yet to window shop n short list.
    And I am def not JB fan..if only small saving ,I forgo in lieu of fear n time !
    ** will developer give buyer detailed dimensions ?
    ** cooler dry weather! workers will work better!make up for rainy days! And once feb comes!every day will be sunny to v v sunny...

Have a super cool weekend,happy shopping folks...share pls when you come across nice stuff

Lightbulb

Hi SML. I havent decided on id yet though im v inclined wit the cheaper one coz my friend said he is responsible. But i think he a bit buay tahan me coz i always pickin more ex materials!! Haha. For eg, he suggested a cheaper form of deckin thats 1/3 of the price of reg deckin n much easier to maintain but i preferred the look of reg deckin. I juz gave him the floorplan fr catalogue which wasnt to scale so he made the necessary calculations to adjust.
    The fan i got was a ceiling fan for living room coz dont wanna on aircon all the time. So to me, the ceiling fan was a must n the one i bought is sleek n matte black. V chio! But v ex too!
    For lights go jb n buy. I went jb to help my gf buy lights. Its cheaper. For eg the same exact light she wanted to get was 48 ringgit but in spore its 48 sin!
    Back to the id. I see if his designs for my unit r good then let u guys know. But most prob will engage him coz he is cheap!
    * Q- is MM balcony ( not a PES ) allowed to install decking ?

** Sorry, I mistook your fan is the standing kind. I am not 'ceiling fan' fan...what a mouthful !
    And so,you have to get a ladder, right ? More storage space..

Any clue dimension of master bdrm ? Estimate also boleh. Becoz I wondered if it's Big enough for QS bed with 2 side tables ?

Very headache when I start to think of all these ...but you did motivate me to start planning, thanks..
    You get to enjoy de fruits of thy labour..cheers!

** I am for quality..in de long run,will turn out better choice ! ( And more durable for white goods.)

I have lesser things to consider being the smallest unit...compared to you folks. Your home is your castle so will be fun n great living in chauteau la-PI ..

But if no ceiling fan gonna b v hot leh. I cant tahan! Anyway go google the haiku fan. Its not yr reg old fashioned kind. Even my gf who can afford to stay in a 4.5 mil landed house has a similar one though hers has longer handle coz she got v high ceiling

But if no ceiling fan gonna b v hot leh. I cant tahan! Anyway go google the haiku fan. Its not yr reg old fashioned kind. Even my gf who can afford to stay in a 4.5 mil landed house has a similar one though hers has longer handle coz she got v high ceiling
    COOL FAN! Haha, very intrigued by it. Looks so simple, but sounds powerful and energy efficient. Thanks Constance, shall keep this in mind and ask my ID if we can incorporate it when the time comes!

Anyway, very random question. Have any of you spent a night in MBS before? I was there and I had the best sleep of my life! Haha, sheets thread count and pillow quality aside, I'm really trying to find out what mattress they are using! Think it'll be the most expensive piece of furniture i buy.

The haiku fan looks very basic. I have seen those ceiling fans fitted with lights n retractable blades that looks very ornate even when not spinning

I actually dont like those fans wit lights. Maybe coz the ones ive seen were quite old fashion lookin. N if u switch on the lights at night wit the fan, u can get a headache v much like a subtle disco effect.

But then again it depends on the theme of yr house. Im thinkin of merging a bit of industrial wit clean sleek lines. Lots of grey black n white wit a bit of pale woody accents thrown in to soften the look. But dunno how it will look so really hav to see if the overall colours can gel. Pops of colour will come fr my cushions n deco items that ive been collectin when i go overseas.

Patrick can u share a photo or website of the fan with lights? If it complements the theme i wan i may put it in my bedroom. The haiku only comes in one size n its too big for the rooms

** I am for quality..in de long run,will turn out better choice ! ( And more durable for white goods.)

I have lesser things to consider being the smallest unit...compared to you folks. Your home is your castle so will be fun n great living in chauteau la-PI ..
    Mine is also a one bedder (on the ground floor).

COOL FAN! Haha, very intrigued by it. Looks so simple, but sounds powerful and energy efficient. Thanks Constance, shall keep this in mind and ask my ID if we can incorporate it when the time comes!

Anyway, very random question. Have any of you spent a night in MBS before? I was there and I had the best sleep of my life! Haha, sheets thread count and pillow quality aside, I'm really trying to find out what mattress they are using! Think it'll be the most expensive piece of furniture i buy.
    They should be using Sealy posturepedic, if I am not wrong.

Tower I seems to be the fastest in taking shape. The entire block has reached the third floor.

Pics shows units in stack 76, 75, 74. Anybody's home in the pic?

Have a good weekend!