Thread: Enbloc regulations

Default Enbloc regulations

Hi all, I am waiting for an enbloc property to be redevelop. M wondering if there is any timeline for developers to launch and develop the plot? I am aware that for GLS, the window period is 5 years. What about a freehold enbloc plot? Will the developer forced to develop it within a time frame? The developer has summited proposals for approval and approved already. However due to CM5 etc, will developer hold the launch till market turns around in future, or will he go ahead to launch that project at a lower price due to the price correction? I am wondering if i should just wait for this project, or should I jump in when other opportunities arise. Thanks for reading

En blocs may or may not materialize after all the wait and it can take years... unless you are confident of the success, you might want to seize further opportunities if they come knocking.

Btw, what are the HDB rules on SERS for old estates with shophouses? Will they consider the 2nd floor residential area as a residential home therefore provide a substitute residential home? I understand that its just compensation, not a home substitution. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Hi all, I am waiting for an enbloc property to be redevelop. M wondering if there is any timeline for developers to launch and develop the plot? I am aware that for GLS, the window period is 5 years. What about a freehold enbloc plot? Will the developer forced to develop it within a time frame? The developer has summited proposals for approval and approved already. However due to CM5 etc, will developer hold the launch till market turns around in future, or will he go ahead to launch that project at a lower price due to the price correction? I am wondering if i should just wait for this project, or should I jump in when other opportunities arise. Thanks for reading
    Enbloc purchases are unlike GLS. Developers are in no hurry to launch in an unfavorable market. You can make an inquiry directly with the developer on their plans.

there are some new rulings lately
    u need to verify further

1. foundation must be completed within 2 years from date of S&P
    2. project must be completely sold within 5 years to avoid ABSD, payable by the developer

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    there are some new rulings lately
    u need to verify further

1. foundation must be completed within 2 years from date of S&P
    2. project must be completely sold within 5 years to avoid ABSD, payable by the developer
    Regardless if it's fh or lh?