Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A planter question: from the handsome man

Default A planter question: from the handsome man

Dear condosing brothers,

I would like to know is it legal to deck up the planter floor and place some coffee tables and chairs on it instead of planting the plants ?

Note: This is a planter and not a balcony.

Thanks

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Hei Bro, can lah! Just make sure the decking is not fixed dead (can be removed easily) can already. This is call exploiting loop hole mah! (Just like last time cannot rent out whole HDB flats many people still rent our their flat but lock 1 room lor).

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Dear condosing brothers,

I would like to know is it legal to deck up the planter floor and place some coffee tables and chairs on it instead of planting the plants ?

Thanks

Dear condosing brothers,

Thanks
    dear handsome man,

most condos close one eye if you deck up the planter (unless you stay on ground floor) as long as it doesn't change the facade.
    Tables and chairs? Then your planter must be very big! Personally i think it is a NO NO - planters are not equipped to hold the weight and also not meant for personal living space (railings also too short for safety)

I seriously doubt your management will allow - even if they do i would not recommend it

Thanks for your quick answers. I am just wondering can a planter sustain a 100kg handsome man ? Otherwise I may just deck it up lor.... the big planter looks kinda stupid naked :

any ideas what i can do with the big empty space ? I do not want any garden leh.....

turn it into a water feature?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    turn it into a water feature?
    that is a very good idea brother ! but the floor is slopped as u can see from the photo. how to level it without using cement ?

actually i am going to start a DIY project on this planter box after Chinese New Year. do give me some more great ideas because I will be sharing the photos of the Work in Progress of this project with you guys here i will do the work every weekend on a snail pace.

rear some Koi fish? Will look nice, and avoid mosquitoes lava in the water.

actually i am going to start a DIY project on this planter box after Chinese New Year. do give me some more great ideas because I will be sharing the photos of the Work in Progress of this project with you guys here i will do the work every weekend on a snail pace.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    rear some Koi fish? Will look nice, and avoid mosquitoes lava in the water.
    You mean convert the planter into a pond? Will there be leakage?

Think this definitely will not be approved right?

Actually if we deck up the planter and if it can sustain the weight of a man, then think movable tables and chairs should be ok right, don't think they weigh more than a man

Which direction it facing? Does it get any sun?

Cover it and use it as a balcony... I also don't like to have plants there...

Put tekko and dry clothes. Since it's sunken - clothes won't stick out.

Else do a rock garden and even buy a stone art piece and display. Zen and artistic at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Which direction it facing? Does it get any sun?
    It faces right into the Morning Sun ( East? ) ,brother ! Every morning I can see the shadows of the window grill moves around my room WOAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Cover it and use it as a balcony... I also don't like to have plants there...
    that's my original idea also, brother. however last week, my weight just hit the magic 100kg mark. So i am worried for the safety of my neighbors downstairs leh....WOAAHAHAHAH

As teddy mentioned, wooden deck has to be removable. Place some artifical turf grass & practise ur putting skills there. If BCA come knocking on ur door also bo bian have to eat grass. haha
    Last edited by maisonjai; 12-01-12 at 14:40.

Ask them to eat your grass then show them that you didn't violate any rule since your planter area still intact (take out the woods and show them)?
    All these bullshit of free 10% GFA for balcony, planter areas, bay windows, and now big big air-con ledges - should really ask them to eat grass?

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    As teddy mentioned, has to be removable. Add in some artifical turf grass & practise ur putting skills there. If BCA come knocking on ur door also bo bian have to eat grass. haha

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Ask them to eat your grass then show them that you didn't violate any rule since your planter area still intact (take out the woods and show them)?
    All these bullshit of free 10% GFA for balcony, planter areas, bay windows, and now big big air-con ledges - should really ask them to eat grass?
    Talking about this, we know that developers previously exploited this loophole since baywindow, planter box, a/c ledge are exempted from GFA but when u lodge a caveat these exempted areas are reflected in URA. URA & BCA not talking to each other.

It faces right into the Morning Sun ( East? ) ,brother ! Every morning I can see the shadows of the window grill moves around my room WOAHAHAHAHAHA
    Handsome bro, put a bubble swing chair and enjoy morning sun with a cuppa and read mewspaper! Unless got neighburs staring right at your unit.l.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

say... if not handsome man, can sun tanning at the planter or not...

erm.. why you keep saying you are handsome..haha.. handsome pple don't keep saying they are handsome one you know

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    You mean convert the planter into a pond? Will there be leakage?

Think this definitely will not be approved right?

Actually if we deck up the planter and if it can sustain the weight of a man, then think movable tables and chairs should be ok right, don't think they weigh more than a man
    Another thing is will the fish get burnt at the balcony and become 'peng' fish or not. Anyone tried putting pond or fish in planter before?

go ahead and deck it out..... no problem... the whole sin is doing it...
    i thought you are a developer bro? Ask a LEW to check the mex load that can be sustain and then go ahead...

developer would definitely have cater to heavier weight there or else the plater box will be outside the railing not inside....

If its inside, basically they have build it like a balcony, just that on paper state that its planter, then build a hole and have bonus GFA haha...

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    go ahead and deck it out..... no problem... the whole sin is doing it...
    i thought you are a developer bro? Ask a LEW to check the mex load that can be sustain and then go ahead...
    wow...you are very observant leh... my photo like that u also can tell the box is not outside !! me guess u also developer leh....WOAHAHAHAAHAH
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 12-01-12 at 18:47.

Quote Originally Posted by bigapplefan
    erm.. why you keep saying you are handsome..haha.. handsome pple don't keep saying they are handsome one you know
    you just answered your own question: I am not handsome, that is why I kept psycho-ing myself that I am for the good ego feeling...

Another thing is will the fish get burnt at the balcony and become 'peng' fish or not. Anyone tried putting pond or fish in planter before?
    WOAHAHAAHAHAHAH.....not funny....

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Handsome bro, put a bubble swing chair and enjoy morning sun with a cuppa and read mewspaper! Unless got neighburs staring right at your unit.l.
    lucky no human eyes opposite lor..but cannot say for sure as there is another different condo in a short distance (about 3 km ) away..last time I know my friend put a telescope in his room lah

lucky no human eyes opposite lor..but cannot say for sure as there is another different condo in a short distance (about 3 km ) away..last time I know my friend put a telescope in his room lah
    Bro, serious talk now, just be sure not to tile over or what as it is 'illegal' and you will have to reinstate to original condition should you want to sell in future. I experienced before firsthand...

Coz this is a forum so people can't see so don't know mah...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Coz this is a forum so people can't see so don't know mah...
    From his avatar he quite handsome lah... to those who never watch Hk tv serial or movie...

i filled my planter with earth, planter a small tree at 1 corner, at the remaining areas, placed grante slabs over the earth, and filled the gaps in between with pebbles.

Cheaper than getting a carpenter to deck over, and personally, looks better.

, it's still a planter. but it acts like a balcony... perfectly legal.

It hasn't collapsed yet. If it can support earth and plants, it has to support u in the planter maintaining the plants. BCA is damn kaisu... not problem with loading there.....