Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Guillemard Edge, Lor 30 Geylang, 275 units

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeelemonine View Post
    Gym is very very small. 2 treadmills, 1 cycle, 1 heavylifting and 1 more machine. Seem like gym, function room and reading room are not reading yet. Some tools (eg paintbrushes) are inside
    yeah gym could have been bigger but the space is limited.

I asked when the yoga, function room and reading room would be ready, developer said they starting work there very soon, I was a little surprised they can get TOP without these being completed.

Letter box area at basement carpark needs some work too.

I wonder where are all the swimmers from?

Went to check defect today. So far, so good. Some units facing pools are already furnished and with electricity. Pools are occupied even though 2pm/3pm. Carpark also half filled.

Quote Originally Posted by landex View Post
    Hi GE Owners, anyone collected keys this week ?
    I collected the key on last Friday, actually they called
    me last Monday but my phone was out of battery so didn't answer. The next day when I called back they informed me can collect key and the appointment date will be two weeks later....... I told I couldn't wait so long time and need keys ASAP. so they adjusted my appointment to last Friday. So kind.

About the collection keys day- they showed me all of keys such as letter box etc, aircon controller, handbook, main gate scan card. Defect form etc. they told
    Me so far already distributed keys to about 90+ units.80% of them will be for renting out.

About the defect- for my unit. My smart and detail ID helped us find out a lot of hollow floor area, scratch and hole on doors. Unsmoothly power switch, oh and I notice there is minor leaking problem in kitch and bathroom after open the water. Also noticed the door line between living and bedroom are rusty( why they don't use plastic material?) anyway already tendered the defected form to a India guy who promise will re-work everything from today, hope will see improved room on this Saturday.

About the renovation - according to GE management office, have to pay $1000 deposit prior to renovation ( so expensive right?)

About the facilities- yoga / function / reading room are still unfinished status, pairing box tools everywhere, asked management office they told me chairs will be moved in August and there will be no booking in reading room at all!!!( they suggest owners to donate). They are also waiting lucine for swimming pool so temparar only cannot use swimming pool.

Yesterday went GE again, happen to see a young couple looks like tenant in lift and heard they said they regret to buy a unit in this condo, they are so impressed of the unit facing to swimming pool, looks so convinient that they can even jump directly from forth floor to pool( OMG, can igage how noisy the unit facing pool will be)

Sorry about typo and grammar errors ( in the working, no
    Time to check-_-!)

I asked when the yoga, function room and reading room would be ready, developer said they starting work there very soon, I was a little surprised they can get TOP without these being completed.

I got the same question too....
    Maybe TOP is only for the unit not include the facilities.

There seems will be last final completion stage to go because I notice my bank still haven't yet released all the loan amount. ( still have 30% loan haven't yet paid to developer)

Went to check defect today. So far, so good. Some units facing pools are already furnished and with electricity. Pools are occupied even though 2pm/3pm. Carpark also half filled.
    Heard from GE Management office on last Froday that license still haven't yet been received from authorities for pool, how could it already be used? They don't fear skin itch?

Smile

Last Saturday felt thirsty while checking defect at GE, so I went out to buy drinks, shocking to find it is so hard to find a nearby shop, the closest "shop" minght be a little vendor machine face to the entrance, so sad, so I recall and recall and recall but still no clue on where the closest shop is. at last I walked along the geylang road and finally found a NTUC shop which should be the closest shop but is at least 400m away. &@$#^¥£> suddenly feel I am so freaking lucky and spoil to live in HDB which Sengsong just downstairs

Quote Originally Posted by GE Purchaser View Post

There seems will be last final completion stage to go because I notice my bank still haven't yet released all the loan amount. ( still have 30% loan haven't yet paid to developer)
    How come you only paid 70%? We all should pay upto 85% by now.

7-eleven is around 200m away. It is 472 Geylang Road, which between Lorong 26 and 24A

Last Saturday felt thirsty while checking defect at GE, so I went out to buy drinks, shocking to find it is so hard to find a nearby shop, the closest "shop" minght be a little vendor machine face to the entrance, so sad, so I recall and recall and recall but still no clue on where the closest shop is. at last I walked along the geylang road and finally found a NTUC shop which should be the closest shop but is at least 400m away. &@$#^¥£> suddenly feel I am so freaking lucky and spoil to live in HDB which Sengsong just downstairs
    If I'm not wrong, GE has two exit, Lor 28 & Lor 30. Exit Lor 28 and walk towards Geylang side instead of Guillermard side, there is a coffeeshop at the corner but I think now is under renovation. Opposite Lor 28, also has a few coffee shops but need walking lor.

You are lucky, not everybody who live in HDB has shops just located at their blocks. Some also need to walk at least 5 to 10 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    If I'm not wrong, GE has two exit, Lor 28 & Lor 30. Exit Lor 28 and walk towards Geylang side instead of Guillermard side, there is a coffeeshop at the corner but I think now is under renovation. Opposite Lor 28, also has a few coffee shops but need walking lor.

You are lucky, not everybody who live in HDB has shops just located at their blocks. Some also need to walk at least 5 to 10 mins.
    Walk 400m towards Guillemard Road and there is the famous old airport road hawker centre.

Quote Originally Posted by merlion View Post
    Walk 400m towards Guillemard Road and there is the famous old airport road hawker centre.
    Yup but a bit far leh as compared to the coffeeshops opposite Lor 28.

Yup but a bit far leh as compared to the coffeeshops opposite Lor 28.
    U walk towards Geylang Road - across the road there is 1 kopi tiam. If u dun want to cross the road, walk in the direction of traffic, there is one provision shop call I-Tec.....all within 3 minutes walk from GE.

Default Defects Checking

Has anyone completed the defects checking and submitted the form? I heard they will take around 2-4 weeks to rectify the defects depending on the 'seriousness'.

I just have one question on this..
    Can we still proceed with lights and curtain fittings while they are doing up the defects? Or is it better to wait after defects are cleared then we proceed?

Quote Originally Posted by H2O View Post
    U walk towards Geylang Road - across the road there is 1 kopi tiam. If u dun want to cross the road, walk in the direction of traffic, there is one provision shop call I-Tec.....all within 3 minutes walk from GE.
    Lorong 29 got one quite famous fried hokkein mee

Quote Originally Posted by icefish View Post
    Lorong 29 got one quite famous fried hokkein mee
    I think I tried before. The queue was very long, but pardon me for saying that, I found that is just normal normal only leh, and is not cheap also. I prefer the coffeeshop next to it, sell steam dishes, like 猪脚, ginger chicken etc, not bad hor.

85% has been paid, only 15% left to pay. Didn't someone pay 15% for you

Has anyone completed the defects checking and submitted the form? I heard they will take around 2-4 weeks to rectify the defects depending on the 'seriousness'.

I just have one question on this..
    Can we still proceed with lights and curtain fittings while they are doing up the defects? Or is it better to wait after defects are cleared then we proceed?
    Personally, I prefer to get my lights and curtains fixed up if it will take 2 - 4 weeks for rectification. However, check with the site staff as I understand they now only allow fixtures to be done after rectification

Unhappy

Personally, I prefer to get my lights and curtains fixed up if it will take 2 - 4 weeks for rectification. However, check with the site staff as I understand they now only allow fixtures to be done after rectification
    I had the curtains people come down to take the measurements and asked the lights people. And both parties recommended to proceed only after the rectifications as to avoid complications...

Default Frustrating - Floor Plan

I called up the developer to request for the floor plan of my unit (with measurements) but they are not able to provide. I was told they only can provide the floor plan picture but not the measurements.

I mean this is unacceptable right? We need the measurements so that we can look for furnitures and electrical appliances that will fit the unit. Yes, we can own self measure but what is so difficult for a developer to provide?

This is most frustrating.

I had the curtains people come down to take the measurements and asked the lights people. And both parties recommended to proceed only after the rectifications as to avoid complications...
    For my case, during the process of rectifications, I have some of my lighting up first so that in case we wanted to come and see our unit in the evening. Try not to do anything that needs hacking or drilling. For curtains, you can get it prepared first but don't hang up in case the workers might dirty it while working.
    If there is some major defects eg floor cracking or have hole, try not to install anything near there in case they said that you dropped the things and damaged it.

For my case, during the process of rectifications, I have some of my lighting up first so that in case we wanted to come and see our unit in the evening. Try not to do anything that needs hacking or drilling. For curtains, you can get it prepared first but don't hang up in case the workers might dirty it while working.
    If there is some major defects eg floor cracking or have hole, try not to install anything near there in case they said that you dropped the things and damaged it.
    Iris, thanks for sharing this valuable experience

In fact, I also got lots of advice from our brothers and sisters here. Cheers to them too.

I called up the developer to request for the floor plan of my unit (with measurements) but they are not able to provide. I was told they only can provide the floor plan picture but not the measurements.

I mean this is unacceptable right? We need the measurements so that we can look for furnitures and electrical appliances that will fit the unit. Yes, we can own self measure but what is so difficult for a developer to provide?

This is most frustrating.
    Unfortunately, measuring ourselves is the only way (some actually enjoy doing it). An easier way is to measure from the floor plan as it is a scaled drawing, however it is less accurate and you cannot measure fridge height for example from floor plan.

Unfortunately, measuring ourselves is the only way (some actually enjoy doing it). An easier way is to measure from the floor plan as it is a scaled drawing, however it is less accurate and you cannot measure fridge height for example from floor plan.
    We never based on the floor plan, we measured it ourselves. Even for curtains, we DIY it.

Duplicate post.

You must be prepared that during the rectification, the workers might use your toilet for "business" without flushing properly. Then they might stay in your house to enjoy the aircond in the evening. This one, actually I'm not very sure, I suspect only . I found my pail in my master bedroom the next morning when I actually left it in the toilet. Then the plug was not switch off when we had actually switched it off before leaving, so maybe they used it to charge their handphones. Another day, I saw one of the workers sat at our balcony taking his tea break, this is actually ok for me. In fact when he saw us, he quickly stood up and wanted to leave but we asked him to carry on but he felt shy, haha.

We never based on the floor plan, we measured it ourselves. Even for curtains, we DIY it.
    yeah, floor plan is not accurate. I did all the measurements myself except for curtains, curtain man measured, sewed and put it up for me.

yeah, floor plan is not accurate. I did all the measurements myself except for curtains, curtain man measured, sewed and put it up for me.
    It will look better to engage a professional to do it for you. My spouse like to do it himself, end result still not so bad leh, hehe.

It will look better to engage a professional to do it for you. My spouse like to do it himself, end result still not so bad leh, hehe.
    Incorrect post
    Last edited by irisng; 21-06-14 at 18:56.