Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Guillemard Edge, Lor 30 Geylang, 275 units

[QUOTE=espeyap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil
    I just rented out my unit at Atrium Residences for 3.9k/mth, up by 1k from my previous tenant.

From my experience, the agents tend to exaggerate the rental yield. But I think 3.5k possible in next 3 years for 2room. 1 rm should be closer to 2.5-3k but even so, the rental yield might be attractive[/quote

3.9k for 2 bedder?
    Sorry, forgot to clarify... Mine is 3 room, 1055 sq ft.

[QUOTE=Daredevil]
    Quote Originally Posted by espeyap

If i remember correctly, due to 'stigma' associated with Geylang, 1055sf units in Atrium was going like 650-700k only. 3.9k rental for a 650k property is definitely WOW.

[QUOTE=mcmlxxvi]

If i remember correctly, due to 'stigma' associated with Geylang, 1055sf units in Atrium was going like 650-700k only. 3.9k rental for a 650k property is definitely WOW.
    Atrim 1055sqf goes for 900k range according to tran done

[QUOTE=Daredevil]

well done, keen to buy during construction, very affordable, same developer as bluwater, hubby refused to send me there to look see and said NO for geylang

[quote=JoyLye]

well done, keen to buy during construction, very affordable, same developer as bluwater, hubby refused to send me there to look see and said NO for geylang
    All investment on property that happen back in 2005 to 2009 have definitely enjoy capital gain plus substantial rental yield regardless of which area. The only different is percentage gain.

However, property investment in 2011/2012, will there be any substantial gain in 2015/2016 or later??? Is anybody guess....

I was kinda attracted to the price and location of this project until just now when i accidentally drove into lorong 28 and see a row of "girls" standing in front of a row with guys cluttered around them, till then my interest of going in the showflat which is at lorong 30 sian 1/2 already. But i do feel geylang do hv its potential, as long as it is far away from the red light district.

Attachment 3508

Just thinking how to convert a single bedroom penthouse to a 2 bedroom penthouse.

How much rental can this unit fetch????

[quote=espeyap]
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyLye

All investment on property that happen back in 2005 to 2009 have definitely enjoy capital gain plus substantial rental yield regardless of which area. The only different is percentage gain.

However, property investment in 2011/2012, will there be any substantial gain in 2015/2016 or later??? Is anybody guess....
    how come missing 2010 ?

try not to buy penthse in such MM project

ultimately u r buying for rental yield.....get the most efficient layout with most bang for buck

remember MM provide for low end budget expats.......if they got 4k budget, they may not want to rent such MM project

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    try not to buy penthse in such MM project

ultimately u r buying for rental yield.....get the most efficient layout with most bang for buck

remember MM provide for low end budget expats.......if they got 4k budget, they may not want to rent such MM project
    But if the price is similar to 2 bedroom unit, which one will you go for?

GE 2bdr about 650k.....so their 2bdr PH only 700k??? cannot be bcoz i remember the upper level is complete roof terrace and plus staircase it makes the living space below even smaller

1 bed PH vs 2 bed? maybe 2beds. I've seen the Parc Elegance's 1 bedroom PH. soooo tiny. the extra buck is really just for the stairs

GE 2bdr about 650k.....so their 2bdr PH only 700k??? cannot be bcoz i remember the upper level is complete roof terrace and plus staircase it makes the living space below even smaller
    Yes, 1 bdr penthouse is 650k also.

Yes, 1 bdr penthouse is 650k also.
    Goodie goodie cheap price! But better dont touch PH in this project. When you relax and sip wine at your roof terrace your view would be rows after rows of briefs and bras... all shapes sizes and colors. I kid you not!

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Goodie goodie cheap price! But better dont touch PH in this project. When you relax and sip wine at your roof terrace your view would be rows after rows of briefs and bras... all shapes sizes and colors. I kid you not!
    GE fully Sold .....

Well done.

GE fully Sold .....

Well done.
    Wow really? even the PHs? nice!

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Wow really? even the PHs? nice!
    Unbelieveable fast ... in less than 3 weeks.

GE fully Sold .....

Well done.
    so u bot one PH unit?

I went to the showrm yesterday afternoon still have 2 units left... So fast gone liao ah.....

GE fully Sold .....

Well done.
    I. Am. Speechless. Geylang property owners, lots more competition for tenants coming up... Brace yourselves.

I. Am. Speechless. Geylang property owners, lots more competition for tenants coming up... Brace yourselves.
    Yes omg. i was just counting the number of projects on URA.

Maybe some bought for own stay leh, not all are meant for renting. Some people simply like the location and food there. Afterall most of the activities happen in late night, most of the residents will be sleeping liao, who cares what they do.

Default I bought an unit^_^

I bought a 2 bedroom + Home office at level 3, size abt 560sqf, prize$658000 = $1175psf. i bought on 18th of Feb (1 week past from VVIP preview)

i finally chose this project because:

1. freehold. (absolutely first reason)

2. cheaper price in centre area, my budget for 2 bedroom is below $700,000

3. near to Dakota MRT (i calulated the time from walking (slow walk) Dakota MRT to GE just only 12 mins.

4.have busstop nearby, and have direct bus (No70) only 10-20mins to my work place (Fuji Xerox building in Anson Road)

5. layout is good (Square shape,symmetrical room,坐南朝北,nice feng shui)

6. heard from agent this project is the biggest condo in Geylang area. others are mostly apartment no full facilities, but GE have no tennis court which make me feel bit shame but singapore sport hub is close can go there play play

In brochure TOP will be in 2017 but staff say will be in 2nd quarter 2015. hope can get the keys at soonest as why i buy 2 bedroom is i want to rent out 1 room and own stay another room. loan is approved very fast (within 4 days), 40 years . my lawyer told me another her clients bought GE (400+sqf,guess 1bedroom) also got loan very smoothly, by the way, the loan is from DBS.

Default more details

last friday night went to showflat to see how many units havent yet sold out (only 9 left that day), we took that chance to look around the night scenery at lorong 30, ai, have to say. we saw the afraid things, there were at least 5-6 girls stand in the lorong 30 wearing very low cut clothes seduce the man pass by, ai, we even saw a man is quoting the price (he showed 3 fingers like to say : i only want to pay 30 dollers,ok? my hubby sid these chinkens accents sound like Vietnamese. hope this kind of things will be disappeared in year 2017, hope goverment will do something to clean this peple, pray pray.

my Hubby and me we are young couple, actually we are not very caring Gelang bad reputation, we care more about location (convinient) and price (below our budget), near dakota MRT and freehold attract me much. and lorong 30 is above lorong 20, hope after 5 years here will have more shopping mall, park etc good changes. if no that wouldn't be a problem. i ca stay at home at night or take taxi home if too late at night, compare to similar area in other contry i think gaylang is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Purchaser
    last friday night went to showflat to see how many units havent yet sold out (only 9 left that day), we took that chance to look around the night scenery at lorong 30, ai, have to say. we saw the afraid things, there were at least 5-6 girls stand in the lorong 30 wearing very low cut clothes seduce the man pass by, ai, we even saw a man is quoting the price (he showed 3 fingers like to say : i only want to pay 30 dollers,ok? my hubby sid these chinkens accents sound like Vietnamese. hope this kind of things will be disappeared in year 2017, hope goverment will do something to clean this peple, pray pray.

my Hubby and me we are young couple, actually we are not very caring Gelang bad reputation, we care more about location (convinient) and price (below our budget), near dakota MRT and freehold attract me much. and lorong 30 is above lorong 20, hope after 5 years here will have more shopping mall, park etc good changes. if no that wouldn't be a problem. i ca stay at home at night or take taxi home if too late at night, compare to similar area in other contry i think gaylang is safe.
    Congrats!! how old are you and ur hubby?

Oooo din noe can get 40yrs loan.....isit norm for all banks to offer 40?

Oooo din noe can get 40yrs loan.....isit norm for all banks to offer 40?
    OCBC used to loan me up to 70yrs old...

560 sqft
    2 br + home office (??)

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by GE Purchaser
    why i buy 2 bedroom is i want to rent out 1 room and own stay another room......
    Erm... Sorry for being kaypoh but i asume you will be moving in with your husband....

with 2 bedrooms ( and balconies!!!!) squeezed into 560 sq ft,
    I really doubt you have enough space for both of you!, let alone rent out a room to a 3rd person.....

Did you realised how small the wardrobe is? there is no space for additional carpentry.. how are you going to store your clothes, shoes, bags, and other barangs barangs of 2 adults??

even if you don't mind, I think the prospective tenant will thnk twice renting such a room...

I think you might have lacked consideration on some living basics.....

IMHO.
    hope i din offend you. Just trying to give a gentle reminder.
    I stayed alone is a 560sqft apartment with 2 balconies before and I am a bachelor with minimal barangs....

3 words.
    NOT-ENOUGH-SPACE.
    Last edited by Piglet; 04-03-12 at 23:31.

Look at the master rm size.....how to walk?!?

The home office more like dining area....lol

Anyway their 409sqft 1bdr bestest layout actually..

Btw the balcony small till useless.....only gd for dry laundry and smoking....lol

Anyway the room still rentable la....600pm shd hf takers